PDA

View Full Version : Unbridled Danger in 85th start Sat.

jognlope
05-27-2011, 05:21 PM
At Belmont, hope he gets retired soon.... but not counting on it.

Dahoss9698
05-27-2011, 05:37 PM
At Belmont, hope he gets retired soon.... but not counting on it.

He just ran very well last time. Why do you hope he gets retired?

jognlope
05-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I know, he did run better, but he's raced every 2 to 3 weeks.

PhantomOnTour
05-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Don't jumpers run until this age regularly?
I presume this guy is up in age?

Dahoss9698
05-27-2011, 06:00 PM
I know, he did run better, but he's raced every 2 to 3 weeks.

He hadn't run in 8 months prior to his last start.

rastajenk
05-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I thought the Unbridled line was frah-gee-lay. That's Italian for fragile. :)

andtheyreoff
05-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Another interesting tidbit about him: Not only is he only 5-88 lifetime, he sports an 0-36 mark at Belmont.

Dahoss9698
05-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Another interesting tidbit about him: Not only is he only 5-88 lifetime, he sports an 0-36 mark at Belmont.

Yeah, not a winning machine by any means. But he does pick up a lot of checks.

NTamm1215
05-27-2011, 07:06 PM
This reminds me of all the people who clamored for Brass Hat to be retired for years. All of a sudden he won a G2 at Keeneland and all of that talk ceased.

Is Unbridled Danger a star by any means? No, but he tries hard every time and pays for himself nicely with his frequent in the money finishes. He is also going to need a bit more conventional ride tomorrow to win.

nijinski
05-27-2011, 07:08 PM
I've read complaints about the way this horse has been handled since 2009.

I know people were worried about him and hoping that he didn't fall down
the claiming ranks.
You can only hope for a good ending for horses like him.

nijinski
05-27-2011, 07:22 PM
This reminds me of all the people who clamored for Brass Hat to be retired for years. All of a sudden he won a G2 at Keeneland and all of that talk ceased.

Is Unbridled Danger a star by any means? No, but he tries hard every time and pays for himself nicely with his frequent in the money finishes. He is also going to need a bit more conventional ride tomorrow to win.

No comparison in the racing schedules of the two horses .
As Brass Hat got older of course fans were worried , I think thats human nature .

Brass Hat just officially retired at age 10 with 40 starts .
Unbridled Danger who is not performing that raced well in general has 85 starts .

Dahoss9698
05-27-2011, 07:28 PM
No comparison in the racing schedules of the two horses .
As Brass Hat got older of course fans were worried , I think thats human nature .

Brass Hat just officially retired at age 10 with 40 starts .
Unbridled Danger who is not performing that raced well in general has 85 starts .

Are you familiar with Unbridled Danger? Why would you say he is not performing well? He's no superstar, but he certainly wasn't running up the track last year.

lamboguy
05-27-2011, 08:11 PM
i hope he gets another 85 starts in his career, he deserves it.

there is nothing wrong with a horse running many times in his career as long as he is sound.

jognlope
05-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Maybe he's a sturdy horse, hope for him to ease into eventual retirement with no mishaps.

nijinski
05-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Are you familiar with Unbridled Danger? Why would you say he is not performing well? He's no superstar, but he certainly wasn't running up the track last year.

I thought he was with a little tougher company last year . He's been dropping , last Saturday for $10,000 tag . I don't think he hit the board.

I remember his flop in the Suburban which was pretty much expected ,
I guess by everyone but his trainer.

igiveupregistering
05-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Maybe he's a sturdy horse, hope for him to ease into eventual retirement with no mishaps.

10yr old Morines Victory (78 starts 600k winnings) was "sound" until his last race 1/11/11 when he wasn't.
Thrown away to a kill pen on 3/11. Bailed out for $300. Was racing with a fracture in his ankle until he couldn't walk on it.

Horse ran "every other week" at NYRA.

No one here is a :bang: runner...they always have some problem.
Constant, concussive pounding on legs damage them..especially professional athletes like TB's.

Sure, SOME horses are 100% sound after 85 races, but the reality of that is a fairy tale for 90% of TB's. Doesn't anyone hear read the trades...everyday some potential stakes horse is injured...

You all believe :eek: "that 10yr old warriors are just sound as a dollar" just becasue their trainer runs them until they cannot... :sleeping:

nijinski
05-27-2011, 08:54 PM
I certainly agree with the above post and I am aware of Morines Victory.
Stream of Gold is another 10 yr old who at this time some very good folks are trying to get a home for. 3200 tag at FP .

NTamm1215
05-27-2011, 09:44 PM
I thought he was with a little tougher company last year . He's been dropping , last Saturday for $10,000 tag . I don't think he hit the board.

It makes sense that you're arguing and haven't even looked at his PPs. He missed by a neck last week, hardly a poor effort.

nijinski
05-27-2011, 11:16 PM
It makes sense that you're arguing and haven't even looked at his PPs. He missed by a neck last week, hardly a poor effort.
Well then I got the wrong info for the 21 st , I'll look again.
Not arguing , discussing a horse on a board which of course some of us will differ will differ in opinion .

PaceAdvantage
05-27-2011, 11:56 PM
10yr old Morines Victory (78 starts 600k winnings) was "sound" until his last race 1/11/11 when he wasn't.
Thrown away to a kill pen on 3/11. Bailed out for $300. Was racing with a fracture in his ankle until he couldn't walk on it.

Horse ran "every other week" at NYRA.

No one here is a :bang: runner...they always have some problem.
Constant, concussive pounding on legs damage them..especially professional athletes like TB's.

Sure, SOME horses are 100% sound after 85 races, but the reality of that is a fairy tale for 90% of TB's. Doesn't anyone hear read the trades...everyday some potential stakes horse is injured...

You all believe :eek: "that 10yr old warriors are just sound as a dollar" just becasue their trainer runs them until they cannot... :sleeping:Sounds like you'd be in favor of banning the game entirely...

PaceAdvantage
05-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Maybe he's a sturdy horse, hope for him to ease into eventual retirement with no mishaps.The goal of the game is to run, not to retire. A horse can break down and die in his or her very first race.

I never understood the mindset like yours that thinks there is this magical cutoff point where a horse should no longer be running, whether it be a certain age or a certain number of races.

nijinski
05-28-2011, 12:33 AM
The goal of the game is to run, not to retire. A horse can break down and die in his or her very first race.

I never understood the mindset like yours that thinks there is this magical cutoff point where a horse should no longer be running, whether it be a certain age or a certain number of races.

PA and NT I am not a Peta advocate at all but I've done my share of research and
contacting for a rescue group in another state . They have seen it all and
I have to say we are more aware now then ever before and measures are being taken.
Thats where the age and over exertion comes into play I guess. When they are too infirm they are tough to rehome , and it's not just the legs , it's respiratory , stomach ulcers from overuse of antacids and on and on.

I am well aware that a young healthy horse can breakdown and bad step -paddock accidents do happen . every one of them hurts .

I am probably too warm and fuzzy at times. That's the "Mother" in me , can't
help it.

BTW I just viewed UD's proper chart and he did run a good race. But i havem't changed my mind about him.

nijinski
05-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Sounds like you'd be in favor of banning the game entirely...
I love the sport , so absolutely not . See my post to PA.

Dahoss9698
05-28-2011, 01:29 AM

He did run against tougher last year and was competitive in some of the races. Now, a year older he's running where he belongs. Sure the Suburban was a wacky spot, but he seemed to come out of it okay, as he finished 2nd in a race 8 days later.

I don't think anyone wants to see any of these horses hurt...ever. But if the horse is doing well, I don't see the call for their retirement. Especially when they are competitive. And I really don't get why people who aren't even familiar with the horse other than something they might have heard 3rd or 4th hand are calling for anything.

Horses running for the basement at a fair track are a lot different than what is going on here with this horse. He's probably not going to win tomorrow, but if he's doing well, and being taken care of....let him run.

nijinski
05-28-2011, 09:41 PM
I watched the replay , he had some fight in him , for about half the race :bang: .

Dahoss9698
05-29-2011, 03:26 AM
I watched the replay , he had some fight in him , for about half the race :bang: .

At least you watched a race today. Baby steps....

Mr_Ed
06-02-2011, 02:52 PM
I certainly agree with the above post and I am aware of Morines Victory.
Stream of Gold is another 10 yr old who at this time some very good folks are trying to get a home for. 3200 tag at FP .

Moments ago Stream of Gold was purchased for $3,500.

He is now retired.

Hats off to his racing owner for letting this old-timer go.

jognlope
06-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Alex Brown had a column in NY Times about Stream of Gold's career the other day and asked everyone to support him.

nijinski
06-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Moments ago Stream of Gold was purchased for $3,500.

He is now retired.

Hats off to his racing owner for letting this old-timer go.

Very good news .

picojim
12-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Unbridled Danger goes for 3 in a row tomorrow in his 105th start (Aqueduct 7th)

nijinski
12-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Finished last .

cj
12-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Finished last .

Funny, you were quiet as a church mouse after his two wins.

iwearpurple
12-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Finished last .

In every race ever run, some horse finished last.

nijinski
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Funny, you were quiet as a church mouse after his two wins.
Well he is well surviving the claim by Jacobson , which was a move no one else tried. I want believe that if Jacobson has any doubt the horse can't
run anymore he'll do the right thing .

Dahoss9698
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Just won the 3rd at Aqueduct. A wire to wire score in start #106.

FantasticDan
01-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Claimed out of the race by Juan Serey.

jognlope
01-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I just saw this. Thanks for letting us know. He did get a win not too long ago. But I'm glad (I guess, don't know Juan) he has a new owner.

wisconsin
01-19-2012, 03:31 PM
I just saw this. Thanks for letting us know. He did get a win not too long ago. But I'm glad (I guess, don't know Juan) he has a new owner.

So, now that he has a new owner, what now? It's ok if he runs some more?

Or are you hoping this owner might retire him right off the claim?

jognlope
01-19-2012, 03:38 PM
He's a tough horse to figure out, can't really say if he should continue racing or not, especially since he had a recent win.

jognlope
01-19-2012, 03:46 PM
He just won today in 3rd race Aqueduct. Also won on 12/11. Under David Cohen today.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/AQU011912USA3.pdf

nijinski
05-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Looks like he may be back maybe for race # 114 .

This notice is to inform you that one or more of your horses has worked out.

Unbridled Danger (10-Year-Old Gelding)

Date: May 5, 2013
Track: AQUEDUCT
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.02:86 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt