PDA

View Full Version : Two horses of interest this weekend

RaceTrackDaddy
05-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Sir Caviar at Mohegan's Pokie Friday night and Here We Go Again in the Dan Patch on Saturday at Hoosier.

Sir Caviar ships cross state as he could not race at the Meadows due to the 3 wins in the Preferred and out rule. Those that win three straight in the top class must sit out a week. Instead of giving the week off to Sir Caviar, they are going for the 60k purse at Pokie. Having the 8 post might be best for him as he is used to leaving from the outside with the staggered starting gate. Inside of him is Corleone Kosmos (# 1) who himself is interesting as he is also entered in Chester's 1st leg of a trotting series with a purse of 40k on Sunday. Being doubled entered should mean a scratch of one of those races.

In the Dan Patch is a relatively new horse to the Burks barn. It was purchased at the sale for $125k for a lot friends which total 41. 21 of which are first time owners. Here We Go Again never faced this caliber of company and having raced within 5 days makes it strange that he even be in here. I can only say that I first saw him in his qualifier at the Meadows. He closed from at least 20 lengths out to win on a track that was dry and dusty. Ron Burke trained this pure closing speed demon into a front running sort. He has all the tools and who knows what can happen if those in here do battle early. This one can come from the parking lot to be effective. I can only hope for some battles for the front end control. Stablemate Won The West is a better horse but I am interested in just how good HWGA can be.

RaceTrackDaddy
05-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Seems Mike Simmons got a new name...the Man with the Hands of Stone. Geez. He rushed the gate with Sir Caviar and actually ran into the gate a bit right before the start. Not only did he leave, he tried to rate him to put him in a hole with what I can considered in his new name. Of course Sir Caviar went off stride.

I can only hope tomorrow works out a little better though I am not expecting to cash at ticket in the Dan Patch.

In interested, the video is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ZfzcjYVPo

toetoe
05-28-2011, 02:30 AM
I'll take Giddy Up Lucky against anybody. May the best beast win. :jump:

RaceTrackDaddy
05-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Here We Go Again had to give the owners a huge rush. Not only did he make more money by finishing 4th in the Dan Patch than winning the Preferred at the Meadows but he gets bragging rights in the barn as he beat out stablemate Won The West. Foiled Again gets top billing in that stable but this one surely has earned the respect of all and he has earned his keep since starting for the new connections. Do believe that they have regained over 75 percent of his purchase price at the sale. Will be making a profit in another month or so. Great purchase by Ron.