PDA

View Full Version : Sweeping The Entire Superfecta Pool

maddog42
05-27-2011, 12:10 AM
I ran into a fellow at Remington a few months back. His name was Dennis. A very interesting and talkative black fellow who told me he had once swept the Tri and Super Pools for $150,000. Now most people would not believe Dennis, but I do. I have stood behind him at the windows and notice him betting huge amounts into the super Pools. I believe he probably got lucky and "hit" one.
Maybe I should direct this question to Thaskalos, but I am asking everyone.
Has anyone ever swept the Super Pool with a 10 cent super bet ?

dansan
05-27-2011, 12:32 AM
the only thing I sweep are the tickets that I throw on the floor with with my feet :lol:

QuarterCrack
05-27-2011, 12:54 AM
I remember being at Saratoga a couple of years ago and the $2 superfecta payoff for one of the races was over $1 million, so I presume that means that it was a single 10-cent ticket that took the whole pool for around $50k.

I still remember Durkin really playing it up. The crowd was all abuzz. :D

PS - Just looked it up, it was the Slambino race. August 23, 2008, and it turns out that there were TWO winning 10-cent tickets paying $76k each. (Total of $200k in the pool.)

Edward DeVere
05-27-2011, 12:59 AM
I ran into a fellow at Remington a few months back. His name was Dennis. A very interesting and talkative black fellow who told me he had once swept the Tri and Super Pools for $150,000. Now most people would not believe Dennis, but I do. I have stood behind him at the windows and notice him betting huge amounts into the super Pools. I believe he probably got lucky and "hit" one.
Maybe I should direct this question to Thaskalos, but I am asking everyone.
Has anyone ever swept the Super Pool with a 10 cent super bet ?

My father did, a year or two ago at Penn National. The funny thing is - I really had to work to convince him of it. He saw the $1 payoff report and took that as gospel. I finally got the total pool numbers and showed him that he had to be the only winner.

I think he boxed five horses and got back ten grand or so. Nice ROI.

appistappis
05-27-2011, 01:31 AM
maybe you should ask dennis how he sweeps these pools for 150,000 when there is only 5 or 6 k in them???????????

maddog42
05-27-2011, 07:54 AM
maybe you should ask dennis how he sweeps these pools for 150,000 when there is only 5 or 6 k in them???????????

It was a simulcast out of state track.

bob77713
05-27-2011, 09:05 AM
A few years ago, I swept the exacta pool at Will Rogers Downs. My $1 exacta paid just over $1,200. The two horses were 9/2 and 5-1 in the ML, but went off at 10-1 and 12-1.

At first I thought it was mistake, but it was for real.

teddy
05-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Pretty common! It paid all at mtn the other night on a .50 wager

wisconsin
05-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Swept the super pool at Geneva Lakes greyhound once. Albeit, paid only $1900, but it's hard to do.

InTheRiver68
05-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I've done it once or twice, but the pools were only in the $3k to $5k range.

- InTheRiver68

riskman
05-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Remember that our member "Raybo" who I believe
exclusively plays Supers mentioned that he had taken the pool a number of times. I do not speak for Raybo ,so this is only memory speaking and if anyone has done it would be him. Raybo impresses me as a quality guy and a excellent capper.

affirmedny
05-27-2011, 04:12 PM
I did it once at Remington. Payout was $5600 for a dime but was posted as $112K

exiles
05-27-2011, 06:19 PM
I have swept the superfecta and the pick 3 when they were $1 minimum,not likely for anyone to do that anymore w/ the 10 cent and 50 cent minimums,surprisingly I swept the Calder 50 cent p5 last month , got a nice 10% bonus from TWINSPIRES.:jump::jump::jump:

BigFlyer
05-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Swept the Place Pick-all at Hollywood back in 2002 once for 26k. Actually had it twice...talk about bad timiing!:bang:

raybo
05-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Remember that our member "Raybo" who I believe
exclusively plays Supers mentioned that he had taken the pool a number of times. I do not speak for Raybo ,so this is only memory speaking and if anyone has done it would be him. Raybo impresses me as a quality guy and a excellent capper.

I don't remember letting that out of the bag.

I have accomplished it 3 times, twice at EvD and once at Hou, all small pools, before the dime super. Ticket costs were $12@$1, on 1 of the EvD supers, and $18@$1 for the other 2, if memory serves.

Having the only winning ticket is extremely lucky now days, but back then there weren't as many people to beat in the super pools and no dime players playing every horse in the field. "All" payouts were common then, rare today.

If you're wondering if that was my goal, well no, however my minimum odds spread requirement makes it more likely than most players, I would imagine.

Zman179
05-28-2011, 02:11 AM
Last time I swept a pool was a few years back at Vernon Downs when I took down the pick 3 for a buck. BTW, it only paid $940.

ManeMediaMogul
05-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Swept the Pick Four pool at Garrison Savannah, Barbados a couple of years ago. Had the only two tickets alive - one to the 5/2 morning line choice and another to a 30-1 shot. The favorite won and the longshot ran third but it was kind of weird looking at the payoffs and seeing the same $4000 price.

captainhot
05-28-2011, 11:19 AM
I swept it at Woodlands about 12 years ago in the $1 super days. The rub of the story is I keyed a horse 1st and 2nd with 4 others for $48 and saw him run 2nd behind a $70 winner, got back over $2k, but no one had the trifecta, which was a much bigger pool, if I would have played the tri with my ticket, I would have had 4 times as much money.

maddog42
05-28-2011, 12:00 PM
I swept it at Woodlands about 12 years ago in the $1 super days. The rub of the story is I keyed a horse 1st and 2nd with 4 others for $48 and saw him run 2nd behind a $70 winner, got back over $2k, but no one had the trifecta, which was a much bigger pool, if I would have played the tri with my ticket, I would have had 4 times as much money.

I played Woodland in the early 90's. I was using the Sartin Energy Program and playing the early Horses. I won the first Superfecta I ever bet. They didn't have Supers in those days in OKLA. We were going to the Woodlands (Kansas City) every weekend. I was betting about $60 per race in $1 Supers. Won the Super (last race of the day) about 5 times out of the first 10 times I played it. My ex-wife tried to spend the Money in the souvenir shop and by inviting friends out for steaks in 24 hours. I remember winning 2k on 2 occasions and by the time I got back to Okla, I was broke. I have done poorly betting supers ever since, and have played them only about a dozen times in the last 10 years.

davew
06-02-2011, 04:04 PM
dime players playing every horse in the field

do you think many players do this?

maddagg42 let me know if you hear anything from that price line guy - I was watching line and found it helpful as well -

raybo
06-02-2011, 06:03 PM
dime players playing every horse in the field

do you think many players do this?

maddagg42 let me know if you hear anything from that price line guy - I was watching line and found it helpful as well -

No data on that but do you have a better reason for the "all" to have all but disappeared from the super payout picture? Surely you don't believe that, all of a sudden, $1 and up super players got that much better.

At a dime or 2 per combination, it's not expensive to cover the field like a blanket. You might not make a long term profit, but you probably won't go broke either.

thespaah
06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Iwas with a few friends at Saratoga Harness. This guy bets an ALL-ALL-ALL-ALL ticket 8 horses in a trot race. His angle was the possibility of breakers eliminating the favorites...Well it happened. There were two heavily bet horses in the race. The 2-5 shot made a break and impeded the 2-1 shot. They finished off the board.
He had it for a dime and got back like two large.

maddog42
10-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Not quite a pool sweep. Did anyone have the .10 cent super at Finger lakes
yesterday? $9,105.55. I had the measly $250 exacta. Apparently nobody had the tri. PAID $884 5-4-all.

1st time lasix
10-30-2012, 10:28 AM
I had the only live ticket..... and cashed a $13k pick six at Tampa in 2011. When my tired speed horse was hanging on for dear life- 100 feet from the finish line I was screaming-'wire...wire" That was a fun "sweep"! The worst beat i have ever taken was similiar....I had the only live ticket with just one horse alive at Arlington Park in 2009 for $78 k ....my horse broke through a jam at the eight pole to win.....i was numb before the objection sign lit up......the horse was taken down because the jock struck another entry with his whip. Swweping supers was fairly common at places like Tampa, Hawthorne,Turfway when the lowest denomination was a dollar. Not so now.

Sly7449
10-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Greetings,

I can tell you that it was Mind Blowing especially when the Winner paid $4.00. A 10 Horse field sure did help the Super.

Sly7449
10-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Props to the Software used.

Oh well, unable to Manage Attachments (pdf)