PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Mo is Mowing the lawn

nijinski
05-26-2011, 07:05 PM
I noticed on facebook he was referred to as a lawnmower . He's doing ok so far
and gobbling up the grass at Winstar . Gained 55 lbs.
I hope he keeps it up , fingers are crossed that his newest tests come back
ok.
Again the the pin fired appearance on his leg could have been a skin issue
which he seems also to be getting in spots on his coat and the hair is growing back on the leg I've heard.
Top three Vets in the country just spent time with him this week so I
guess we'll just have to wait for those consult reports and tests.

PaceAdvantage
05-26-2011, 07:08 PM
If he can get back to where he was last year, he will definitely be a major force to reckon with later on down the line.

nijinski
05-26-2011, 07:09 PM
If he can get back to where he was last year, he will definitely be a major force to reckon with later on down the line.

I'm hoping for that as well.

sonnyp
05-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm hoping for that as well.

i don't follow pedigree characteristics, but i've read his is especially fragile.

those "spots" on his front left were in a pattern as in pin firing and that shaved spot on his outside right front was something connected to vet work.

his got an awful lot of speed and talent, but the good ones stretch themselves to the point of injury.

one thing about a horse that's been injured......the rigors of reconditioning are the most severe they'll face. the actual racing doesn't seem to tear them up as badly as the training. maybe its an adrenalin effect of the race.

i look forward to seeing him much more than his owner.

Robert Fischer
05-26-2011, 07:43 PM
the recent sales featured Indian Charlie toppers.

we may seem Uncle Mo retired to stud soon.

nijinski
05-26-2011, 08:01 PM
i don't follow pedigree characteristics, but i've read his is especially fragile.

those "spots" on his front left were in a pattern as in pin firing and that shaved spot on his outside right front was something connected to vet work.

his got an awful lot of speed and talent, but the good ones stretch themselves to the point of injury.

one thing about a horse that's been injured......the rigors of reconditioning are the most severe they'll face. the actual racing doesn't seem to tear them up as badly as the training. maybe its an adrenalin effect of the race.

i look forward to seeing him much more than his owner.

I'm not convinced of the the pin firing or the injury . He's had patterns of
tiny lesions popping up in other areas that I imagine have been treated
or possibly biopsied. .

turninforhome10
05-26-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm not convinced of the the pin firing or the injury . He's had patterns of
tiny lesions popping up in other areas that I imagine have been treated
or possibly biopsied. .
If that leg is not pinfired then I throw away all knowledge known in 10 years of training. I' ll give 5-1 that he never shows up on a track again. I still say he has
CIBD( Chronic inflammatory bowel disease) and the reason they won't come out and say this is because it would turn away breeders
See link and read page 378 about symptoms and tell me this does not fit
CIBD (http://books.google.com/books?id=JtIIfWjNjIkC&pg=PA377&lpg=PA377&dq=equine+inflammatory+bowel+disease&source=bl&ots=DtWKLCrXu-&sig=Fnzj-COvaa6okxWI_rXtxC-ENdc&hl=en&ei=Fh_fTfmDFYudgQfOhbnVCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=equine%20inflammatory%20bowel%20disease&f=false)

How can people even think about breeding to this animal and the fact that Indian CHarlie's are selling well is more reason to shake my head. Can anyone tell me about a good Indian Charlie running as an older handicap horse?

nijinski
05-27-2011, 10:36 AM
If that leg is not pinfired then I throw away all knowledge known in 10 years of training. I' ll give 5-1 that he never shows up on a track again. I still say he has
CIBD( Chronic inflammatory bowel disease) and the reason they won't come out and say this is because it would turn away breeders
CIBD (http://books.google.com/books?id=JtIIfWjNjIkC&pg=PA377&lpg=PA377&dq=equine+inflammatory+bowel+disease&source=bl&ots=DtWKLCrXu-&sig=Fnzj-COvaa6okxWI_rXtxC-ENdc&hl=en&ei=Fh_fTfmDFYudgQfOhbnVCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=equine%20inflammatory%20bowel%20disease&f=false)

How can people even think about breeding to this animal and the fact that Indian CHarlie's are selling well is more reason to shake my head. Can anyone tell me about a good Indian Charlie running as an older handicap horse?
The Vets will have an answer hopefully soon , but Mo is doing ok for now
so lets hope its not something chronic.
I take it your not a fan of Pletcher , Repole , Mo or Indian Charlie.
There would be no surprises if Mo retired but lets hope thats not the case . Still not convinced Pletcher and Repole would ever have Mo pin fired that is not a likely alternative and there were no signs of leg soundness problems for UM just alot of spin generated.

Cam
05-27-2011, 01:06 PM

Interesting and I learned something, but I hope those odds are more like 1-1.