PDA

View Full Version : !024 x 1024 LAPTOP

pktruckdriver
05-25-2011, 01:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of some economical Laptops' with the screen resolution of 1024x 1024, minimum at least, and it must be the vertical that is most important, but actually I think both are needed to be minimum 1024.

There was this one, but... anyone else got idea's

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?cid=1999600045339102715&q=laptops%20with%201024%20x#

Also what is NETGEAR, does it make the flat-screen into a monitor, thus giving the bigger screen resolution I need, and is it doable from a emachine E725

or this product

http://www.amazon.com/Lake-Converter-compatible-Windows-S-Video/dp/B00351VWKI/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

does it make my big screen, actually 46" screen, handle the 1024 x 1024 the resolution, or do the conversion boxes only do smaller resolutions, I am a bit confused, please if you can help me understand my options

Patrick

Red Knave
05-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of some economical Laptops' with the screen resolution of 1024x 1024
Patrick
Change your search to 1280 x 1024, it's more standard. Also check 1600x1200 and 1920x1440, you may find something there too. Don't forget eBay.

Also what is NETGEAR, does it make the flat-screen into a monitor, thus giving the bigger screen resolution I need, and is it doable from a emachine E725
Netgear makes a bunch of things, what specifically were you looking at?

does it make my big screen, actually 46" screen, handle the 1024 x 1024 the resolution, or do the conversion boxes only do smaller resolutions, I am a bit confused, please if you can help me understand my options
That particular one only goes up to S-Video, I think you need HDMI. Also, you won't get any higher resolution than what you feed into it so it's not likely that this will do what you want.

pktruckdriver
05-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks Red

It looks like I can not, repeat can not get a cheap laptop, or even a reasonable one that has 1280 X 1024 or so. I guess I need a desk top with a special monitor that will help me with my new program, and fitting it all on the screen, which is always nice.

So no HDMI, for which I do have on my new TV, as that is what the cable box uses now a HDMI cable and yet I am sure the TV does more than I can imagine, but I'll probably never know how much, since I have techie experience yet. But a 46" monitor may be too much anyway.

Thanks again

redshift1
05-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks Red

It looks like I can not, repeat can not get a cheap laptop, or even a reasonable one that has 1280 X 1024 or so. I guess I need a desk top with a special monitor that will help me with my new program, and fitting it all on the screen, which is always nice.

So no HDMI, for which I do have on my new TV, as that is what the cable box uses now a HDMI cable and yet I am sure the TV does more than I can imagine, but I'll probably never know how much, since I have techie experience yet. But a 46" monitor may be too much anyway.

Thanks again

What's the program graphics ,spreadsheet or something you developed ?

pktruckdriver
05-27-2011, 12:51 PM
What's the program graphics ,spreadsheet or something you developed ?

A horse racing program that uses 3 screens ( up and down, vertical i guess) to help you decide what to do and it also has a 2 screen version too, but having all 3 screens on the screen at one time would be awesome, that's all.

Even thou I am still having a ways to go to become proficient using it, I would like to be able to use all functions that come with it to help me get there, that said I still feel having better screen resolution is a plus for me.

The Program is RDSS, awesome tool, vivid colors and great fun to use, it is a Sartin Based program, and to me 1 tool I do not think I could go without.

I also use HSH and feel the same about this tool too, well maybe it is not as fun to use, honestly, but it is a very awesome tool to help me do wonderful things to help my handicapping and I enjoy using it, now..

But enough on my tools in my toolbox, as 1 more I need is a laptop with a bigger resolution or way to make my laptop become a bigger resolution screen, or if I could use a monitor attached to the laptop to make it bigger, it is just that I do not currently have a desktop, maybe my answer here is to get one, that way I can make sure the screen resolution is big enough.

I was just looking for a more economical way, that's all.

Thanks all

Ted Craven
05-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Patrick,

The Acer Aspire you first referenced in your post #1 (from Google) is 1280 x 1024 screen res AND has a HDMI port so you can connect it to your 46" external screen. It will do fine to display RDSS in 3 panels. The 4Gb memory supports Win7 64 bit just fine (try to get 64 bit Win7 installed, but 32 bit is OK). 15.6" size screen is good for portability, though the 3 hours battery life will start to suck.

Gotta tell you - the software screen looks awesome on my 48" LG TV and the HDMI cable gives a crisp image (though the cable can be pricey).

If you could find something with a little wider screen res (e.g. 1440 or 1680 as Bob suggests), you may appreciate it down the road.

Let's see what else we can find under $700 ...

Ted

JustRalph
05-27-2011, 04:52 PM
anybody who is ever buying cables......this is the place to buy them.

http://www.firefold.com/

I have bought many from them, never a problem and always a huge discount compared to others

They do cell phone cables too........

pktruckdriver
07-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Just curious here, if the laptop does not support the higher resolution then the hooking up of the laptop to the HDTV, with HDMI cables, will do no good either, am I right?

what about adding a new video card, will that help, or am I stuck woth what I got now, and must get a newer computer, desktop or laptop with a higher resloution monitor, to see what I need to see?

thanks

Red Knave
07-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Just curious here, if the laptop does not support the higher resolution then the hooking up of the laptop to the HDTV, with HDMI cables, will do no good either, am I right?
Some machines will allow higher settings on an external monitor so this may not be the case. If you have an HDMI connector slot on your notebook it's likely that it will support at least 720p (1280x768, I think). You may be able to tell by going into the display properties/settings of the computer.

what about adding a new video card, will that help, or am I stuck woth what I got now
I don't think you can add any cards to your laptop, video or otherwise.

pktruckdriver
07-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Thanks Red

pktruckdriver
01-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Any thing in this area to update yet?

A laptop with resolution of 1024 X 1024 min. ?

Thanks

HUSKER55
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
tigerdirect sells computers that are coming off leases. they refurbish them and you get get alot of bang for your buck.

Red Knave
01-17-2013, 10:21 PM
My new(er) laptop screen res is 1920 X 1080.
It's an ASUS N73S which I bought refurbished from Best Buy.

I've seen some 15" screens that go that high. You can configure yourself a Dell Inspiron 15R with one for $900.

Many 17" screens are 1600 X 900 which should probably handle what you are looking to do.

pktruckdriver
01-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Thanks Guys, I am needing a newer laptop, just waiting for my refund to come in, sometimes in late February or so.

Tigerdirect.com Is this Canadian or American, if Canadian, what about importing it, is it an issue? Maybe I am thinking of another company.

patrick

HUSKER55
01-17-2013, 11:36 PM
AMERICAN....FLORIDA

HoofedInTheChest
01-18-2013, 12:18 AM
TigerDirect = American/Canadian

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

Newegg

http://www.newegg.ca/

http://www.newegg.com/

The Microsoft Surface Pro will be released next week, if you got $1100 laying around.

pktruckdriver
01-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for response, I found this, but not a touch screen, and windows 8, not something zi think I want do I?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4960976&srkey=S170-173403

Or is windows 8 okay, yet, I heard you need min 6gb of ram to do anything with it, anything else I should know?

Thanks agin guys

patrick

HoofedInTheChest
01-18-2013, 09:54 PM
PK

The best advice i can give you, is make a list of all your needs, what you want the device to do for you, then find a laptop or tablet that meets your needs.

Any new device you purchase will have Windows 8 installed on it. From what i understand, if you want Windows 7, it is special order.

The Sony laptop you posted is a good device, but it seems to be overkill in my opinion. If your not gaming or video editing, the i7 processor is overkill. The only thing that bothers me about that particular Sony, is it comes with a HDD hard drive, old technology that over-heats and has a short lifespan. You want a laptop with a Solid State Drive (SSD).

Shoot me a message on here or on Pace & Cap, let me know what you need the device to do for you, and i will see what i can find.