Golf and Horses
05-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Camping : "Did I say May 21st? I meant October 21st! DOH!"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_on_re_us/us_apocalypse_saturday

Rookies
05-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Camping : "Did I say May 21st? I meant October 21st! DOH!"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_on_re_us/us_apocalypse_saturday

An evangelical buffoon not content with looking like a complete jackass once. He's coming back for another world wide pasting. :lol:

Robert Goren
05-24-2011, 10:41 PM
An evangelical buffoon not content with looking like a complete jackass once. He's coming back for another world wide pasting. :lol:This will be date number three. When the suckers run out of money to give him, the predications will stop.

hcap
05-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Well, when literal minded so-called "biblical scholars" calculate astronomical schedules and greater, whilst believing the Sum revolves around the Earth, it is easy NOT to carry the one ;)

bigmack
05-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Well, when literal minded so-called "biblical scholars" calculate astronomical schedules and greater, whilst believing the Sum revolves around the Earth, it is easy NOT to carry the one ;)
It's almost as stupid as Michael Mann and his tree rings in the GW charade.

johnhannibalsmith
05-24-2011, 10:53 PM
This will be date number three. When the suckers run out of money to give him, the predications will stop.

A Stimulus Plan to believe in.

hcap
05-24-2011, 11:03 PM
It's almost as stupid as Michael Mann and his tree rings in the GW charade.Ok mini-car. But at least Mann believes the universe is older than 6,000 years unlike you and your fellow braniacs. Do GW deniers believe in Geocentrism or Heliocentrism?

BTW, I noticed box(maxi-car)is still earth bound. Go figure.

bigmack
05-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Ok mini-car. But at least Mann believes the universe is older than 6,000 years unlike you and your fellow braniacs. Do GW deniers believe in Geocentrism or Heliocentrism?
I've never revealed my theological stance. ASSuming again, are we?

hcap
05-24-2011, 11:14 PM
I've never revealed my theological stance. ASSuming again, are we?No big leap of FAITH required ;)

Tom
05-25-2011, 07:32 AM
My prediction: the month will end on May 31!

HUSKER55
05-25-2011, 08:32 AM
YOUR JUST GUESSING :D

Dave Schwartz
05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
My prediction: the month will end on May 31!

What odds are you offering?

boxcar
05-25-2011, 12:26 PM

Methinks this could well be the root cause of Camping's insane predictions. Apparently, he can't, for some reason or another, take these passages literally:

Mark 13:32-37
32 "But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

33 "Take heed, keep on the alert; for you do not know when the appointed time is. 34 "It is like a man, away on a journey, who upon leaving his house and putting his slaves in charge, assigning to each one his task, also commanded the doorkeeper to stay on the alert. 35 "Therefore, be on the alert — for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether in the evening, at midnight, at cockcrowing, or in the morning — 36 lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. 37 "And what I say to you I say to all, 'Be on the alert!'"
NASB

And,

1 Thess 5:2-4
2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like birth pangs upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
NASB

The thief does not announce to the world when he's about ready to break in, does he? This is why Christians are exhorted to "always watch and be on the alert" -- to live our lives as though he could return at any time.

On the other hand, prophetic passages (and even many of the poetic passages_ that are loaded with symbolic and figurative language should not be taken literally. Camping, therefore, has it all backwards; for the clear didactic passages that he should take literally he doesn't, while the apocalyptic and many poetic type passages that should not be interpreted literally he does. People like Camping could be likened to those in the Parable of the 10 Virgins:

Matt 25:1-13
25 "Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their lamps, and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 "And five of them were foolish, and five were prudent. 3 "For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4 but the prudent took oil in flasks along with their lamps. 5 "Now while the bridegroom was delaying, they all got drowsy and began to sleep. 6 "But at midnight there was a shout, 'Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.' 7 "Then all those virgins rose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 "And the foolish said to the prudent, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 "But the prudent answered, saying, 'No, there will not be enough for us and you too; go instead to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.' 10 "And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11 "And later the other virgins also came, saying, 'Lord, lord, open up for us.' 12 "But he answered and said, 'Truly I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 "Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.
NASB

Boxcar

hcap
05-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Bible quote widget working?

He is one of you box. His calculations are based on some faulty assumptions and logic that you yourself have used. In fact Your type of mentality has produced numerous end of world predictions. Yet you criticize him for not being literal enough? And not taking all passages literally?

TJDave
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
"The globe will be completely destroyed in five months, he said, when the apocalypse comes"

What about tribulation...Aren't we supposed to get 7 years?

I was looking forward to that. ;)

boxcar
05-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Bible quote widget working?

He is one of you box. His calculations are based on some faulty assumptions and logic that you yourself have used. In fact Your type of mentality has produced numerous end of world predictions. Yet you criticize him for not being literal enough? And not taking all passages literally?

:lol: :lol: You wouldn't know faulty logic if it stuck its boot in your ear. You're so steeped in the black darkness of your ignorance you can't see your hand in front of your face. As I said not too long ago, the primordial slime you embrace, and from which you proudly claim you have emerged, has not been very kind to you.

Boxcar

lamboguy
05-25-2011, 04:28 PM
i am glad to see you back boxman, i really missed you

OTM Al
05-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Sir Isaac Newton in his analysis of the Bible put forth that the world would not end before 2060. I'll roll with that one.

RaceBookJoe
05-26-2011, 05:20 PM
I was beginning to think that PaceAdvantage got raptured..and bossman left us with nothing to do but watch that lameass American Idol finale :lol: Welcome back PA...you were missed !!!! rbj

PaceAdvantage
05-26-2011, 05:22 PM
If I was Raptured, man, it wasn't a very nice place to be these past 30+ hours. Much more like hell than heaven.... :lol:

ArlJim78
05-26-2011, 06:10 PM
our long national nightmare is over.

boxcar
05-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Sir Isaac Newton in his analysis of the Bible put forth that the world would not end before 2060. I'll roll with that one.

Perfect example of the blind leading the blind.

Boxcar

boxcar
05-26-2011, 06:46 PM
If I was Raptured, man, it wasn't a very nice place to be these past 30+ hours. Much more like hell than heaven.... :lol:

If only the trial you went through was hell; no one would have anything to fear.

Having said this, Welcome back to the foretaste of Hell. Glad to see that the gates of hell could not prevail against the Mighty PA. ;)

Boxcar

benzer
05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
While we might not see eye to eye on some things. I like reading your posts.

hcap
05-27-2011, 01:36 AM

Boxcar

Newton has a much better record of prediction (laws of physics) than Camping. I would tend to take his End of the World prophecy over Camping. Or for that matter over anything you babble

BlueShoe
05-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Has everyone forgotten about December 21, 2012 already? That is supposed to be the real day when everything goes tilt. This from several different sources according to the believers. What a pity if it does come true. It would mean that there would be no opening day at Santa Anita on the 26th. :rolleyes:

rastajenk
05-27-2011, 07:28 AM
True, but at least we'll get the whole Beulah meet to finish just in time. :p

OTM Al
05-27-2011, 08:55 AM

Boxcar

Oh, so now you are making a prediction? Welcome false prophet!

hcap
05-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Has everyone forgotten about December 21, 2012 already? That is supposed to be the real day when everything goes tilt. This from several different sources according to the believers. What a pity if it does come true. It would mean that there would be no opening day at Santa Anita on the 26th. :rolleyes:Curious the way it coincides with the 2012 election.I guess if the rethugs win, the Mayans called it

BlueShoe
05-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Curious the way it coincides with the 2012 election.I guess if the rethugs win, the Mayans called it
And if Obama wins it would signal the end of the American Republic as the nation would then shortly become a clone of the old Soviet Union. That really would be the end of our world.