PDA

View Full Version : Larry Lederman update.....from Larry himself

Vinman
05-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Despite fighting brain cancer, here's Larry Lederman, still at the top of his game in a chat with Sam McKee last Friday night at the Big M. Lots of interesting banter on a variety of topics, including his favorite comic (it ain't David Letterman) and favorite announcers. Even Ken Warkentin's tipping habits are fair game.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqH97ua01U (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=NOqH97Zuao1u&feature=player_embedded)

Vinman
05-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Not workin' for me either.....Just click the above link and type in Larry Lederman....it's one down from the top....

David-LV
05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqH9Zua01U

________
David-LV

mannyberrios
05-24-2011, 09:17 PM
I am real sorry to hear that he has cancer. He is a real funny guy, I remember him from the phonebet days. I hope everything will be OK. I will pray for him.

Ian Meyers
05-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I feel awful for him. One of my all-time favorite announcers and an all-around great guy.

Larry, we are all praying for you. :)

Zman179
05-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Larry is the only man in the world who made me laugh while I lost the last leg of a pick 4. Get well soon, Larry!

Stillriledup
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Larry calling races today at Parx fyi.

wisconsin
01-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Larry calling races today at Parx fyi.

Wow! That's great!

Rise Over Run
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
He called them on Sunday as well. A few "quotes" from his race 5 call, won by Raiders Fan:

"Inside the last 8th and their going wild, the penguins are in a frenzy in the infield."

"If your a Raiders Fan in football it's been miserable; but today you get 4 to 5 if you bet Raiders Fan"

jeebus1083
01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Larry is a fighter. Going on almost 2 years since the diagnosis, and still going strong. Very exciting to hear him calling.

Partsnut
01-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Larry Lederman was and still is the best announcer I have ever heard.
Larry has a fantastic sense of humor and makes a race fun to watch.
My late nephew, Jeff Roth and Larry spent some time together up in Saratoga.
They were school buddies. Unfortunately, Larry had no way of knowing what happened to his friend Jeff who passed away suddenly, in California in 2001.
Larry, Jeff loved you
I hope Larry will see this post.

I love to listen to Larry's race calls at Garden State when I frequented the
sports books in Las Vegas back in the day. He could put a smile on anybody's face and according to my late nephew was the best of the best.:)

Stillriledup
07-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Larry on the Mic at Parx. Not sure if he's calling all the races, but the 4th is coming up and he's calling that race.

bello
07-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Thankful for the heads up. Larry is all class and an inspiratiion

Stillriledup
10-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Larry calling races at meadowlands tonight FYI.

ManU918
10-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Larry calling races at meadowlands tonight FYI.

He just blew that last call... Said QT Bird was going to hang on when he was leading by about 2 lengths and got beat... hahahaha

Stillriledup
10-16-2015, 07:10 PM
He just blew that last call... Said QT Bird was going to hang on when he was leading by about 2 lengths and got beat... hahahaha

The horse blew the call, it wasnt his fault. :D

ManU918
10-16-2015, 07:14 PM
The horse blew the call, it wasnt his fault. :D

QT Bird never said she was gonna win. Larry mushed her.

v j stauffer
10-16-2015, 07:58 PM

Feel better?

You're really special.

no breathalyzer
10-16-2015, 08:07 PM
yea mang! that's out bonds.... know the circumstances i was ignorant on this guy before i knew

ManU918
10-16-2015, 09:06 PM
Feel better?

You're really special.

Vic... I wont feel better until you're back in the booth. I know you wouldn't have made that mistake tonight. You would have came up with something about QT Bird stopping late in the race and getting caught... Maybe you would of even pulled out the LeBron call for old times sake...That one is up there with Chic Anderson's "Tremendous Machine" call :rolleyes:. But I'm sure in your mind your LeBron call is better...

VtYWct4lQrw

v j stauffer
10-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Vic... I wont feel better until you're back in the booth. I know you wouldn't have made that mistake tonight. You would have came up with something about QT Bird stopping late in the race and getting caught... Maybe you would of even pulled out the LeBron call for old times sake...That one is up there with Chic Anderson's "Tremendous Machine" call :rolleyes:. But I'm sure in your mind your LeBron call is better...

VtYWct4lQrw

Thanks for listening.

NorCalGreg
10-16-2015, 09:24 PM
He called them on Sunday as well. A few "quotes" from his race 5 call, won by Raiders Fan:

"Inside the last 8th and their going wild, the penguins are in a frenzy in the infield."

"If your a Raiders Fan in football it's been miserable; but today you get 4 to 5 if you bet Raiders Fan"

I like Larry already :D

onefast99
10-18-2015, 08:26 PM
QT Bird never said she was gonna win. Larry mushed her.Maybe you should google Larry and see what he has gone through over the past few years. He is still one of the best race callers in the nation, gotta love the call the other night at the Meadowlands when he said the horse running second "was all draped in the NY Mets colors" pretty good stuff from a real good guy.

castaway01
10-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Maybe you should google Larry and see what he has gone through over the past few years. He is still one of the best race callers in the nation, gotta love the call the other night at the Meadowlands when he said the horse running second "was all draped in the NY Mets colors" pretty good stuff from a real good guy.

Between the people who don't know anything and the people who pretend not to know anything just to troll, you wonder whether some here (not you OneFast) might need to get lives.

EMD4ME
10-18-2015, 10:17 PM
I like Larry already :D

Larry was AWESOME and I have enjoyed him for many many many years.

He adds Flair (WHHOOOOO!!!!-Wrestling joke, sorry), energy and LIFE to a racecall.

So what, he made one mistake. With his health issues, he deserves to have 1000000000000000000000000000000000 Mulligans.

I obviously Like him too.

MonmouthParkJoe
10-18-2015, 10:27 PM
I spent many afternoons listening to him at Freehold back in the day. He was always one of my favorites and added color to the races. At least as much color as you can for the product they have there.

Over the years the announcers for me were always associated with the tracks I frequented and when a change was made it made a difference to me. Lederman at Freehold, Collmus at Monmouth, and Durkin in NY. While I still enjoy going to the track, having Durkin retire changed a lot for me at NY, especially at Saratoga. Would be nice to see him back in the booth for a weekend up there. The soothing sounds of Collmus at Monmouth on a lazy summer day or Lederman on a nondescript Freehold matinee.

castaway01
06-25-2016, 01:20 PM
For those Larry Lederman fans out there, he's calling Delaware Park today.