PDA

View Full Version : Petition to decertify the TOC. In my opinion it's best for California Racing!

andymays
05-24-2011, 02:24 PM
As most of us know by now the TOC is most responsible for keeping the takeout where it is even though handle is down significantly. It took them forever to approve the Low Takeout Early Pick 5 which has been a huge success.

If you are as licensed owner in California by the CHRB then you might want to check out the new group and sign their petition. Even if you haven't raced here in a few years you may be eligible to vote.

CTHA - California Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association

http://www.calhorsemen.org/

If you are not a licensed owner in California but know someone who is then send them the link and let them decide for themselves.

PETITION FOR DECERTIFICATION (CHRB Rule 2040)

The undersigned, a person currently licensed by the California Horse Racing Board as an owner of a thoroughbred racehorse, no longer desires to be represented by the Thoroughbred Owners of California (TOC). The undersigned desires to be represented by the California Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association (CTHA). Should the undersigned persons make up 10% of the members of the TOC, the undersigned hereby petitions the California Horse Racing Board to hold an election to determine whether a majority of the members of the TOC no longer wish to be represented by the TOC and wish to be represented by the CTHA.

In my personal opinion the new group will be more Horseplayer friendly. The even acknowledge us in their stated goals.

The petition is attached below!

Charli125
05-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I think this would be the reason Andy is so anxious to see some change in CA. Just look at the success of the new Players Pick-5, and the failure of all other bets. Think what could happen if they wouldn't have raised takeout, or even better, if they would've lowered takeout!

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5350/hollywoodc.jpg

andymays
05-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks Charlie. The facts are on our side but the TOC doesn't really care. They are killing California Racing and not enough people are standing up to them. We will find out if the exacta and double take will be lowered over the next 10 days.

The new group is the best hope for positive change in my opinion.

Bruddah
05-25-2011, 11:22 AM
To Andymays

As a lifelong horse player, even I am not very enlightened on California Equine Politics and issues, I immediately gravitate to the position of andymays. You are probably the most informed man in the state, when it comes to Thoroughbred issues. Additionally, you are usually the voice of reason and moderstion.

Thanks for your hard work and dissemination of information. Our Sport is better off with people such as you.

Best Regards
Bruddah :ThmbUp:

andymays
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
To Andymays

As a lifelong horse player, even I am not very enlightened on California Equine Politics and issues, I immediately gravitate to the position of andymays. You are probably the most informed man in the state, when it comes to Thoroughbred issues. Additionally, you are usually the voice of reason and moderstion.

Thanks for your hard work and dissemination of information. Our Sport is better off with people such as you.

Best Regards
Bruddah :ThmbUp:

I appreciate the compliments but I would have to defer to rwwupl (Roger Way) on that one. I speak with him about what's going on out here on a daily basis. I also speak with several other people who keep me informed and usually those conversations are off the record because some of the people, even from the TOC, agree with our position that takeout is too high on the exotics. They don't want anyone to know that they agree with us which is kind of funny and also a little sad. We need people to step out and stand up for the betterment of California Racing.

There is a big meeting of the TOC today where I hope one of them will pass out the handle spreadsheet that Charlie posted. There is a CHRB meeting tomorrow where we will learn more about the future. Then on June 1st there is a "Lets Talk" meeting where about 50 people from the racing industry meet to discuss/argue about what needs to be done. We have been invited to go but we may decide not to go if lowering some of the exotic takeout is not on the table. We went to the last one and it was a good meeting. It reaches a point though where either they do something or they don't. We've proved our points by lowering handle and giving them one of the most successfull new bets in California Racing history with the low takeout early pick 5. You would think they would give some of our other suggestions a try. The TOC is the main obstacle to improving racing out here and if enough qualified people sign the petition it will happen.

Thanks again,

Andy

andymays
05-26-2011, 08:37 PM
As of today it looks like all three of us will be attending the meeting at Hollywood Park.

The drive sucks.