PDA

View Full Version : Begging Bandits

DeltaLover
05-23-2011, 10:29 AM
This year's Derby and Preakness led to the same conclusion as any other recent year has done.

The quality of the American thoroughbred is in a constant decline and nothing looks that can reverse it.

Year in and out the breed is becoming more fragile and weak and seems completely aligned to the degeneration of the betting aspect of the game.

Nobody seems to care though...

Commercial breeders keep on their destructive direction producing as precautions and speedy typed horses as possible planned to last only until the next day of Travers.

Owners are lacking any sense of sportsmanship retiring their more successful horses as early as possible while race tracks are milking the betting dollar as much as possible filling their cards with unacceptable fields both in size and quality.

Public handicappers, racing newspapers, trainers and insiders (with very few exceptions) are pretending they know nothing about the degeneration of the breed and subsequently of the sport in general.

Racing authorities are contributing to the mess marginalizing their involvement with the game as much as possible.... (By the way what happened to the 60 day suspension of the 'super trainer' who managed to be caught over 60 times with illegal medication? This scandal goes on since the winter and from what I now he still fills the cards with his drug addicts).....

Based in these it is not a surprise that the once most popular form of gambling, in our days became a second class citizen begging (one hand) bandits for survival ...

lamboguy
05-23-2011, 11:50 AM
maybe they should find different drugs to compensate for the bad drugs they are giving these horses for the last 40 years.. they ought to take money out of all purses to pay for a chemist to come up with another miracle drug to revive the game.

horses4courses
05-23-2011, 12:37 PM
This year's Derby and Preakness led to the same conclusion as any other recent year has done.

The quality of the American thoroughbred is in a constant decline and nothing looks that can reverse it.

Year in and out the breed is becoming more fragile and weak and seems completely aligned to the degeneration of the betting aspect of the game.

Nobody seems to care though...

Commercial breeders keep on their destructive direction producing as precautions and speedy typed horses as possible planned to last only until the next day of Travers.

Owners are lacking any sense of sportsmanship retiring their more successful horses as early as possible while race tracks are milking the betting dollar as much as possible filling their cards with unacceptable fields both in size and quality.

Public handicappers, racing newspapers, trainers and insiders (with very few exceptions) are pretending they know nothing about the degeneration of the breed and subsequently of the sport in general.

Racing authorities are contributing to the mess marginalizing their involvement with the game as much as possible.... (By the way what happened to the 60 day suspension of the 'super trainer' who managed to be caught over 60 times with illegal medication? This scandal goes on since the winter and from what I now he still fills the cards with his drug addicts).....

Based in these it is not a surprise that the once most popular form of gambling, in our days became a second class citizen begging (one hand) bandits for survival ...

In this time of incredible internet technology, amazing bells and whistles, etc.,
is there no way possible to have a mournful violin serenade to accompany this thread?
Brother........ :rolleyes:

Cholly
05-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Damn, misguided me thought I spent Saturday catching a nice exacta on a c30/n2l at Churchill and watching an exciting race on TV. I totally missed out on the fact I was participating in a funeral procession.

I'll try to be a little more heads up next time.

OTM Al
05-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Everything these days has to be the best ever or the worst ever....