PDA

View Full Version : International racing Sunday

gm10
05-22-2011, 08:24 AM
For those with an interest in it ...

KRISFLYER INTERNATIONAL SPRINT at Kranji

Superb win by Rocket Man who has become one of the very best sprinters in the world.

Singapore Airlines International Cup at Kranji

Presvis sat way too far back in the field at Hong Kong last time, but this distance should be more suitable. Irian has not really been flying in Hong Kong recently. California Memory looks better than ever at 5, and must have a chance coming from the off the pace. Gitano Hernando has not looked the same since coming back from injury but I'm sure that there is still a group 1 in him. River Jetez is not far from Presvis and in the hands of five star trainer Mike De Kock.

I will take Gitano Hernando at 14/1.

Grand Prix d'Ispahan at Longchamp

Goldikova returns! I'm not sure she's always that sharp at the start of the season but according to Freddie Head she's more forward this year than before. My main doubts, however, are the distance and going. I think the race may be too long for her given that she'l be running on good to soft ground (although from watching earlier races the ground doesn't seems to be more good than soft.)

So who could beat her? I'm going to take Byword at 4/1. Had a run already this year, and performs well when there is some cut in the ground.

mannyberrios
05-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks for that info!

gm10
05-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Wins for Gitano and super Goldikova. Happy with that.

Seabiscuit@AR
05-23-2011, 01:22 AM
http://www.turfclub.com.sg/DesktopModules/AdvancedArticles/ArticleDetail.aspx?ItemId=7968&ModuleId=1138&TabId=85&PortalId=0

Story on Rocket Man and his win

You can see the replay of his race and all other Singapore races in the Race Results & Dividends section of the Singapore Turf Club website

gm10
05-23-2011, 04:17 AM
http://www.turfclub.com.sg/DesktopModules/AdvancedArticles/ArticleDetail.aspx?ItemId=7968&ModuleId=1138&TabId=85&PortalId=0

Story on Rocket Man and his win

You can see the replay of his race and all other Singapore races in the Race Results & Dividends section of the Singapore Turf Club website

Black Caviar vs Rocket Man .... oh yes.