PDA

View Full Version : D. Wayne's Pimlico Entries

smartybadger
05-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Did D. Wayne Lukas enter horses at Pimlico today just so he could be seen at Pimlico on Preakness day?

Unsurprisingly, neither of his first two entries have done anything today.

Then we get to Saratoga Red in the upcoming 10th. Ran a horrible race in the Arkansas Derby, and then finished sixth and never threatened in an optional claiming sprint at Churchill on Derby day...and D. Wayne decides to enter follow those efforts up by entering him in a grade 3 race.

He doesn't seem to have any method to his madness anymore, and hasn't for a long time.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Saratoga Red has every right to be in this race....

In fact, at 12-1, Saratoga Red is an easy bet for me here...

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Trainer is winning at a 19% clip this year...yeah...he sucks balls.

smartybadger
05-21-2011, 04:15 PM
What I find impressive is his 0/52 clip going back to last year in graded stakes races.

smartybadger
05-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Make that 0/54 including today's races.

smartybadger
05-21-2011, 04:19 PM
0/55, hope you didn't put too much on him.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Good to know that trainers who are winning at 19% on the year are now deemed clueless... :lol:

And don't worry about me...I lose lots of value bets...the only thing that matters in the end is that I get paid enough for my winners to make up for the losers.

smartybadger
05-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Good to know that trainers who are winning at 19% on the year are now deemed clueless... :lol:

And don't worry about me...I lose lots of value bets...the only thing that matters in the end is that I get paid enough for my winners to make up for the losers.

Fair enough, that's all that matters in the end. Best of luck in the Preakness.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Like Lukas' horse in the Shuvee...let's see...

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Nosed at the wire...oh well...at 4/1 I'd make that bet every single time against the 2/5 way overbet Awesome Maria...

Tom
05-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Saratoga Red?
I must be missing a couple of PP lines in my From! ;)

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 05:30 PM
He's lightly raced and I was willing to throw out his last two...three back put him right in the mix on my numbers...you don't come up with big priced overlays by using the obvious...lol

smartybadger
05-21-2011, 05:45 PM
So we're up to 0/56 for the last couple of years. Anyone know when his last graded stakes win was?

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Lukas won the trainer's title at Oaklawn this year without winning a single graded stakes?

Interesting...

toussaud
05-21-2011, 06:47 PM
So we're up to 0/56 for the last couple of years. Anyone know when his last graded stakes win was?
Dublin at saratoga i believe

owlet
05-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Who does Dead Duck Darnell have left that still has any real money?

He burned through all of Satish Sanan's cash, and Budweiser Bob (r.i.p.) and Overbrook got away years ago, before DWL could bust them.

Hmm...I wonder who will be the latest big money owner to learn an expensive lesson?

Lukas has as many rich owners left as he does 5 and 6 year olds in training.:lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-22-2011, 05:25 PM
His winning percentage is 19% this year. He won the Oaklawn meeting trainer title.

I doubt very much he'd be crying too much after reading your reply owlet.

And you really could say the same about any of the top trainers in the game. Asmussen wouldn't have had Curlin or Rachel Alexandra had it not been for Jess Jackson's wealth. Last time I looked, Todd Pletcher's main business did not come from guys down on their luck, filing for foreclosure on their vacation homes...

This knock on Lukas that I hear all the time (well, if it wasn't for Klein, or Wiliam T. Young, or Sanan or whomever) is ridiculous, because you could say the same thing for most if not all of the big name trainers over the years...they all get some of their best stock from some of their wealthiest owners.

cj
05-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Who does Dead Duck Darnell have left that still has any real money?

Who is Darnell?

PaceAdvantage
05-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Oh, I forgot about Frankel and Juddmonte. Members of the Saudi Royal Family...I'm sure they were hurting for cash all the while Frankel was alive and training their horses... :rolleyes:

owlet
05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Boy you really love to carry Darnell's water don't you? Do you ever get out of Arkansas and go to the winner circles at any Kentucky tracks (you know Kentucky, they have horse racing there)?

Anway, if you do it will be a long wait for the Duck to arrive:lol: .

PaceAdvantage
05-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Way to tackle the valid points I raised in this thread...points that totally dismantled your thesis. When you have nothing, resort to the personal...that's the owlet way it seems.... :rolleyes:

cj
05-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Boy you really love to carry Darnell's water don't you? Do you ever get out of Arkansas and go to the winner circles at any Kentucky tracks (you know Kentucky, they have horse racing there)?

Anway, if you do it will be a long wait for the Duck to arrive:lol: .

Again, who is Darnell?

cj
05-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Way to tackle the valid points I raised in this thread...points that totally dismantled your thesis. When you have nothing, resort to the personal...that's the owlet way it seems.... :rolleyes:

I had no idea you were in Arkansas PA! When can I come for a visit?