PDA

View Full Version : Stillriledup gets it wrong again.

Stillriledup
05-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Asst starter has hammerlock on horse, gate opens, horse doesnt come out of the gate, Field is off and running and starter is holding onto the horse not letting him run.

Im not sure why there was even an inquiry....if you're not going to refund the wagers, why waste the time?

This is a track i would not recommend playing, Mountaineer is NOT a friend of the player for sure. Yikes, that was bad.

Stillriledup
05-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Race 4, #6 for those of you who want to watch yourself.

HoofedInTheChest
05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
I was wondering why he wouldn't let go of the horse, i thought i was seeing things.

bushwick
05-20-2011, 08:55 PM
the horse threw his head in the guy in the gates lap as the doors opened. Just bad luck for all involved.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Asst starter has hammerlock on horse, gate opens, horse doesnt come out of the gate, Field is off and running and starter is holding onto the horse not letting him run.Have you no shame?

Stillriledup
05-21-2011, 02:11 AM
I was wondering why he wouldn't let go of the horse, i thought i was seeing things.

You weren't seeing things.

Stillriledup
05-21-2011, 02:17 AM
the horse threw his head in the guy in the gates lap as the doors opened. Just bad luck for all involved.

You still gotta refund the money. The starter's hand never left the horse, he never let go.

newtothegame
05-21-2011, 02:26 AM
Regardless of what others think about ya SRU.....I have to admire ya.
For as many problems have either happened to you, or you have identified on here, I am AMAZED you still play the ponies. I know that if I had that much anomosity and negativity, I would of been long gone. You either have the patience of a saint.....or,.....
Well we will just leave it at that!

Stillriledup
05-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Regardless of what others think about ya SRU.....I have to admire ya.
For as many problems have either happened to you, or you have identified on here, I am AMAZED you still play the ponies. I know that if I had that much anomosity and negativity, I would of been long gone. You either have the patience of a saint.....or,.....
Well we will just leave it at that!

Thank you, i admire you too.

:ThmbUp:

Sea Biscuit
05-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Does anyone have a video of this race?

Tenacross
05-21-2011, 09:31 AM
The assistant starter did nothing wrong. He was not holding the horse. The question I have is why did the jockey step off? Anyway, if the gate opens properly and the gate crew does not interfere, the horse is a starter. Sorry Riled.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 01:29 PM
The horse threw his head up violently and to the left, somehow unseating the rider in the gate. At that point, the asst starter most definitely SHOULD have tried to hold onto the horse and not let him get loose to cause interference later on to the other horses who broke properly.

The asst starter did NOT hold the horse and prevent him from starting, thus no refund should be given. The horse was given every chance to break properly with the rest of the field, but it chose not to do so.

cj
05-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Stillneverright is approaching DiMaggio like streak length.

HoofedInTheChest
05-21-2011, 01:43 PM
The horse threw his head up violently and to the left, somehow unseating the rider in the gate. At that point, the asst starter most definitely SHOULD have tired to hold onto the horse and not let him get loose to cause interference later on to the other horses who broke properly.

The asst starter did NOT hold the horse and prevent him from starting, thus no refund should be given. The horse was given every chance to break properly with the rest of the filed, but it chose not to do so.

That makes sence, i figured he held on to the horse for his own safety since he was thrashing in the gate, and probibly would have disrupted the other horses when they broke.

toussaud
05-21-2011, 03:13 PM
but playing devils advocate, isn't that kinda bending the rules as you go? I mean it makes sense, but the starter did in fact hold on to the horse. From my understanding the rule book does not state which circumstances that it is and is not okay to hold on to the horse.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 05:03 PM
The jockey was thrown off the horse as the gate opened...so at that point, why should the starter let go? The horse is already DQd.

Tenacross
05-23-2011, 05:11 PM
The jockey was thrown off the horse as the gate opened...so at that point, why should the starter let go? The horse is already DQd.
I watched the head on many times. I'm quite sure the jockey stepped off on his own accord. He might have felt the horse was going to flip or he didn't see the point of staying on when the horse missed the break, but he was not thrown. The asst. starter let go of the horse when the gate opened as he was supposed to. He didn't know the rider was going to step off. The starter shouldn't have kicked it when he did because that horse was not ready. You can see the asst. starter try to straighten the horses head, but the horse resists violently just as the gate was opened.

Robert Fischer
05-23-2011, 05:23 PM
regardless of whether the jockey stepped off or was thrown off, the horse caused the problem(I'm going by the info in this thread) and therefore is DQ'd.

If the story is the horse broke cleanly, and the starter held him and THEN the jockey stepped off or was thrown, THEN a refund should be in order.

Cardus
05-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Have you no shame?

You reap what you sow.

PaceAdvantage
05-23-2011, 08:34 PM
You reap what you sow.That was ever so helpful.