PDA

View Full Version : Preakness odds

point given
05-20-2011, 05:44 PM
OK someone is buying in to the $5.5 million conspiracy theory as Dialed In and Animal Kingdom are both 3/1 . for tomorrows race. :lol:

lamboguy
05-20-2011, 06:20 PM
hard to believe, but maybe DIALED IN needed his last race. i don't think that guy is risking a nice horse like that unless he is in top shape for money. i might be wrong, but i doubt it.

Stillriledup
05-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I think one of the most overrated theories is that a trainer won't run a horse unless he's 'right'.

I'm not going to get into any specifics but a well known and high profile trainer recently ran a horse who looked dead lame on his video, galloped out like he had a serious issue and then the horse came back in a short time (2 weeks maybe?) and promptly broke down in catastrophic fashion (the horse was in the front flight of horses, so everyone saw it). This trainer is one of the last guys who you would think would risk a lame horse, but he did. I see it happen all the time.

Its important to do your own homework and not 'blindly' trust trainers to make the right call on entering or not entering suspect horses.

lamboguy
05-20-2011, 06:41 PM
I think one of the most overrated theories is that a trainer won't run a horse unless he's 'right'.

I'm not going to get into any specifics but a well known and high profile trainer recently ran a horse who looked dead lame on his video, galloped out like he had a serious issue and then the horse came back in a short time (2 weeks maybe?) and promptly broke down in catastrophic fashion (the horse was in the front flight of horses, so everyone saw it). This trainer is one of the last guys who you would think would risk a lame horse, but he did. I see it happen all the time.

Its important to do your own homework and not 'blindly' trust trainers to make the right call on entering or not entering suspect horses.i know!

but i met ZITO 30 years ago and he doesn't strike me as a guy that puts out bad horses. naturally he could have pressure on him to run a horse in a big race. but i looked at the derby and the horse ran a great internal fraction, which just leads me to believe that you can't train DIALED IN like a normal horse. i am thinking that the horse don't run to his top on a 5 week gap, and might run good on a 2 week deal. that is why we call this gambling

point given
05-20-2011, 07:07 PM
hard to believe, but maybe DIALED IN needed his last race. i don't think that guy is risking a nice horse like that unless he is in top shape for money. i might be wrong, but i doubt it.Z

ok here is a video from today with Zito on Dialed In and the bonus scroll down to the 2nd video, the first is with Bailey

http://www.drf.com/news/preakness-stakes-video-updates-pimlico

Fox
05-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Where are you finding the odds at on Friday? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thx

Skanoochies
05-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Hey PG.....interesting interviews, thanks for sharing that. :ThmbUp:

point given
05-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Where are you finding the odds at on Friday? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thx

http://www.ntra.com/content/display/news/NDgxMjc=

Animal Kingdom, Dialed In the early co-favoritesMarty McGee, Daily Racing Form
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 Rating:

1 (javascript:void(0))
2 (javascript:void(0))
3 (javascript:void(0))
4 (javascript:void(0))
5 (javascript:void(0))
/images/print_icon.gif Print (#)/images/email_icon.gif Email (#)/images/my_fav_icon.gif (#)/Uploads/columnist/source/1267658056content_drf_logo.gif (http://www.drf.com) BALTIMORE - Dialed In and Animal Kingdom were co-favorites in advance wagering for the 136th Preakness at Pimlico, although the two-day daily double wager combining the Black Eyed Susan Stakes on Friday with the Preakness suggests Animal Kingdom will be a solid favorite when the second jewel of the Triple Crown is run Saturday.

As of 5:50 p.m. Eastern, and with $101,254 in the win pool from Pimlico and selected offtrack sites, Dialed In and Animal Kingdom both were 3-1, followed by Mucho Macho Man at 6-1 and Midnight Interlude at 9-1

In the two-day double, which drew a handle of $696,530, the lowest $2 will-pay starting with the Black Eyed Susan winner, Royal Delta, ends with Animal Kingdom ($21). The next lowest are on Dialed In ($35), Mucho Macho Man ($49), and Sway Away ($49.80).

Early Preakness odds by post position

1. Astrology, 13-1
2. Norman Asbjornson, 30-1
3. King Congie, 21-1
4. Flashpoint, 24-1
5. Shackleford, 12-1
6. Sway Away, 14-1
7. Midnight Interlude, 9-1
8. Dance City, 10-1
9. Mucho Macho Man, 6-1
10. Dialed In, 3-1
11. Animal Kingdom, 3-1
12. Isn't He Perfect, 23-1
13. Concealed Identity, 20-1
14. Mr. Commons, 45-1

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 12:21 AM

Its important to do your own homework and not 'blindly' trust trainers to make the right call on entering or not entering suspect horses.Who is this horse you speak of and where is this video that you claim he looks "dead lame" in? And what race did he gallop out where he looked to have a serious issue?

strapper
05-21-2011, 11:33 AM
It would be a nice windfall for Zito, but slow pace Derby and all that, I'm not totally buying it, although I do see Dialed In running a better race. I just don't have all that much trust in the Mineshafts. That being said, I went with one in Nehro in the Derby - and I still don't trust his total development to find the winner's circle in the Belmont.