PDA

View Full Version : Dos Error in Vista

llegend39
05-20-2011, 05:27 PM
More help needed! When trying to run a DOS program in Vista I get
"does not support full screen click to ignore or close" Ive tried the compatibility manger with no luck any other suggestions?

Its STK97 handicapping program

xfile
05-21-2011, 05:59 AM
You can use Oracle's Virtual Box and run the old DOS programs in WinXP version. It's a free program.

GameTheory
05-21-2011, 11:04 AM
You can use Oracle's Virtual Box and run the old DOS programs in WinXP version. It's a free program.Some of 'em won't even run in there. Recently discovered DOSBox, which is a much easier solution for DOS as long as you can do without printing...

xfile
05-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Some of 'em won't even run in there. Recently discovered DOSBox, which is a much easier solution for DOS as long as you can do without printing... DOSBox? I'll have to google that

crestridge
06-02-2011, 01:08 AM
The DosBox really does work well. I have Windows 7 Home version, and can run MPH, Win Formula II very well. It's slow, but works ok. Without this application, these programs would be worthless on Windows 7.

GameTheory
06-02-2011, 01:14 AM
The DosBox really does work well. I have Windows 7 Home version, and can run MPH, Win Formula II very well. It's slow, but works ok. Without this application, these programs would be worthless on Windows 7.It is slow because it is slowing down the CPU to play old games. I believe there is a setting to set the clock speed so you can probably speed it up.

ldiatone
06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
dosbox. yes it works but i tried and tried to install MPH on my v7 but have failed. sometime the dos program i run in v7 the screen doubles in size. i can fix it at once.

GameTheory
06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
dosbox. yes it works but i tried and tried to install MPH on my v7 but have failed. sometime the dos program i run in v7 the screen doubles in size. i can fix it at once.Are you saying you can't get MPH to work in DOSBox? (I know it won't work directly in W7.) Because MPH works in DOSBox fine. I just recently set it up for someone to do exactly that.

tupper
06-02-2011, 06:11 PM
You can use Oracle's Virtual Box...Still trying to get used to that.

Glad that they have decided to hand OpenOffice over to Apache (although Libre Office is a perfectly fine fork).

Ellison/Oracle probably shouldn't be hosting open-source projects.

llegend39
06-03-2011, 06:22 AM
The DosBox really does work well. I have Windows 7 Home version, and can run MPH, Win Formula II very well. It's slow, but works ok. Without this application, these programs would be worthless on Windows 7.

Heres a link scroll down about 3/4 page It tells u how to do it
http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Basic_Setup_and_Installation_of_DosBox

crestridge
06-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks much for the information on "BOX"...The site is very useful!!

"Crest"