PDA

View Full Version : Are There any rateing

BIG HIT
05-20-2011, 01:13 PM
For pastperformence line only.No spd fig or pace line involved in rateing.?More on just how ran the race.

Overlay
05-20-2011, 04:58 PM
I've seen impact values associated with the trouble line comment that a horse received in its latest race, but that's as close as I know of to what you're looking for.

BIG HIT
05-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Didn't think there was but you guy's have come up with a few thing's.I have for gotten or never new about websites thank's for reply

Dave Schwartz
05-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Well, you don't seem to want a speed number but...

In our system we have a factor for each horse that is simply the combined total of all the speed and pace ratings in the race. We call it "Avg Pace" and it is a far more predictive rating than speed.

Think of it as a "horizontal" rating, summing the "vertical" columns.

Now, if you sum that "Average Pace" number for (say) the last 4 races, you get a very meaningful picture of how good the horse has been lately.

Add to that the best and 2nd best ever, and you have a picture of how good the horse has ever been (in the last 10 races).

Next, take THOSE numbers for each horse in today's race, and you have a picture of the true strength of today's race.

Finally, rate each horse's performance off the race's strength rating and you've accomplished what you asked for.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz