PDA

View Full Version : Who is Ron Paul?

Frank DeMartini
05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Like the ever present question from “Atlas Shrugged,” “Who is John Galt?” I am now asking the similar question “Who is Ron Paul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul)?” As many of you know he has been a Congressman from Texas for quite some time. And, like the mysterious John Galt, Ron Paul has similar ideas about government in the United States, or should I say lack of government or government intervention in fiscal affairs.

For more of the story, please go to: www.hollywoodrepublican.net (http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net)

Robert Goren
05-20-2011, 11:15 AM
I think I can safely say everyone who post here in the off topics section of this forum knows who Ron Paul is and what he stands for.

Rookies
05-20-2011, 11:48 AM
I think I can safely say everyone who post here in the off topics section of this forum knows who Ron Paul is and what he stands for.

And, because of his Libertarian philosophy, thought that tipping off the Pakistani gov't about the finding of OBL was the way to go...:lol: :bang:

lsbets
05-20-2011, 12:24 PM
And, because of his Libertarian philosophy, thought that tipping off the Pakistani gov't about the finding of OBL was the way to go...:lol: :bang:

That's not due to his libertarian side, that's due to his loony side.

JustRalph
05-20-2011, 01:02 PM
He is one of the 7 Dwarf's trying to be President from the right side. He is oldest and craziest, but so far the only one who has procreated and it came up a politician

Tom
05-20-2011, 01:32 PM
We have met the enemy....it is us! :faint:

Frank DeMartini
05-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I wrote this article to educate those that don't know who he is. I was pretty sure most people on this site would know, but there are those that don't. I believe that Ron Paul is the only true Conservative in the group. However, I'm not sure he can win the General Election because he is so far to the right and unfortunately, because of his age.

However, I hope the article in informative anyway.

I had lunch with Tim Pawlenty yesterday and I'm pretty sure that he may be the way to go.

Only time will tell.

ArlJim78
05-20-2011, 02:43 PM
He's nothing but a quixotic crackpot to me, and I consider myself pretty far to the right and agree in principle with him on some things. why should Republicans pay attention to Paul? It's not like he is a team player and at the end of his campaign works for the eventual nominee. It's all about him and his ridgid ideology.

Sugar Ron
05-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah, you're not kidding ... guy looked older than the hills during that little dog and pony show down in SC the other week.

Wonder if his kid, Paul Rand, asked "Aqua Buddha" for permission to get into the race?

LOL

Rookies
05-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah, you're not kidding ... guy looked older than the hills during that little dog and pony show down in SC the other week.

Wonder if his kid, Paul Rand, asked "Aqua Buddha" for permission to get into the race?

LOL

If I were the Dems, I'd worry about the kid, not that old looney!

riskman
05-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Ron Paul is a 11th term U.S. Congressman from Texas. He held office from 1976—1977, then from 1979—1985, and then again from 1997 until the present. Paul is far from "loony" and is the only true conservative that is being mentioned at this time.
The Republican Party might as well pick its nominee by calling random telephone numbers since it appears at this point no one wants the tag of losing every electoral vote. :) Probably get some "looney" electors that will cast their vote for anyone despite who the nominee.

lsbets
05-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Ron Paul is a 11th term U.S. Congressman from Texas. He held office from 1976—1977, then from 1979—1985, and then again from 1997 until the present. Paul is far from "loony" and is the only true conservative that is being mentioned at this time.
The Republican Party might as well pick its nominee by calling random telephone numbers since it appears at this point no one wants the tag of losing every electoral vote. :) Probably get some "looney" electors that will cast their vote for anyone despite who the nominee.

Keep in mind, the loony comment comes from someone who agrees with Paul 90% of the time. I'd vote for his kid in a heartbeat, but I couldn't vote for him. On some things - the the Osama raid, he is so far off the reservation that loony is a polite reference to him. If you like the libertarian side of him, and want to vote that way, I suggest you do what I'm going to do - register for the primary and vote for Johnson.

newtothegame
05-20-2011, 10:36 PM
I consider myself libertairian/conservative.
I would have to see who is left standing before I made a decision to vote for.
Although, I really cant see this guy getting the nomination. his views are a bit right of right for alot of people.
this country seems to be just right of center. Paul is definitely NOT "just right of center".
The more I listen too....(and I have to preface this by saying I havent heard many talk thus far), I am liking cain.

riskman
05-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Keep in mind, the loony comment comes from someone who agrees with Paul 90% of the time. I'd vote for his kid in a heartbeat, but I couldn't vote for him. On some things - the the Osama raid, he is so far off the reservation that loony is a polite reference to him. If you like the libertarian side of him, and want to vote that way, I suggest you do what I'm going to do - register for the primary and vote for Johnson.

Agree with you that Ron Paul can be over the top at times which results in a good deal of head scratching. I'd much rather be in the Libertarian camp than any relationship to the political party fraud of the single-party system we have today. I will check out Johnson as you suggested.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 12:14 AM
The Republican Party might as well pick its nominee by calling random telephone numbers since it appears at this point no one wants the tag of losing every electoral vote. :)Huh? You actually think the country is still in love with Mr. 46% approval rating? That's right, even after the hit on OBL, he's back down again into the mid 40s...according to a May 13 Gallop poll.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/17/news/la-pn-gallup-obama-approval-bin-laden20110517

The United States is simply begging for someone to vote for other than Obama.

riskman
05-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Huh? You actually think the country is still in love with Mr. 46% approval rating? That's right, even after the hit on OBL, he's back down again into the mid 40s...according to a May 13 Gallop poll.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/17/news/la-pn-gallup-obama-approval-bin-laden20110517

Who is that someone ?
If Obama really tanks will the Dems look for someone else to challenge him in the primaries?
Now, that would spark my interest.There, you see, there always is a bright side to look on.
The sad fact – as I see it – that a man of character can never get elected in our current system is just par for the dismal course the U.S. has been locked into for some time.
I’ll leave you with your happy thoughts on Obama's popularity ratings. All you need is pixie dust, and will both be set.

strapper
05-21-2011, 11:35 AM
If he were a horse he'd be Zippy Chippy. ;)

Rookies
05-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Huh? You actually think the country is still in love with Mr. 46% approval rating? That's right, even after the hit on OBL, he's back down again into the mid 40s...according to a May 13 Gallop poll.

Funny, that's not what I saw and I checked YESTERDAY!http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Not only that, it's a neck and neck race for the Presidency when a Con candidate is NOT named. As soon as one is, the President is taking them to the woodshed. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

Now, given all the problems he's facing, how could that be possible ? Uh ? I'm sure the Republi-Cons will find someone other than an Internet caricature to go up against him. Still waiting...

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Ooooo...you mean it's not 46%? It's 50? Wow...formidable... :lol:

My link from the LA Times claims it was 46 as of May 13...almost two weeks after the OBL hit...

ElKabong
05-21-2011, 07:15 PM
as the conomy stagnates or worsens, his #s will plummet. Ask GWHB about fast sinking approval ratings. It's always about the economy, stupid. Obama is either too stupid to figure it out, or he's way too over his head to accomplish anything with the problems the country is experiencing.

Tom
05-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Just let Bin Bama keep talking - he will convince everyone what a loser he is.