PDA

View Full Version : Dialed In

dmband445
05-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Sounds like most people don't even see him hitting the board? Just curious on why that is? Because of the Derby?

I, for one, will not be playing AK at 2-1 odds or less.

:1: :8: :9: :10: box for me.

redshift1
05-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Sounds like most people don't even see him hitting the board? Just curious on why that is? Because of the Derby?

I, for one, will not be playing AK at 2-1 odds or less.

Most of the handicappers here feel his Florida Derby performance was not impressive pointing to the 93 beyer time and mediocre closing 1/4.

Pace dependent.

Not good enough.

Lack of reported workouts leading up to the Derby.

Various rumors about Dialed In's health from viruses to four broken legs from "those in the know"

I still think he has the ability to win the Preakness but I would not bet the house. Hoping for 3/4's in 1:09.

Striker
05-19-2011, 05:31 PM
If not for this 5.5 million bonus I doubt he would even be in this race. Doesn't mean anything for saturday and given the track was sealed and muddy and then upgraded to good, the place to be today was up front or near the front if you wanted to have a chance to win.

calltopost
05-19-2011, 08:39 PM

Another Astro devotee! Me too bud.

Fredo515
05-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I think Dialed In wins the Preakness.

He ran real good late in the Derby and will get a better pace scenario in the Preakness.

Owner,Jockey and Trainer are all a plus in my opinion.....

GatetoWire
05-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I think Dialed In wins the Preakness.

He ran real good late in the Derby and will get a better pace scenario in the Preakness.

Owner,Jockey and Trainer are all a plus in my opinion.....
Did they switch this race to turf or synthetic? If not than Leparoux is a real negative. He has not rode well on dirt, in my opinion for a long time.

redshift1
05-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Did they switch this race to turf or synthetic? If not than Leparoux is a real negative. He has not rode well on dirt, in my opinion for a long time.

Leparoux fumbled through the 2011 Gulfstream meet but has righted the ship at Keeneland and Churchill Downs. I'm not sure what you consider a long time but
on a one run closer he's one of the best.

eastie
05-20-2011, 01:11 AM
he'd probably have more of a chance if he was sound. i wonder how much dough he'll burn while not making the course.

Leparoux
05-20-2011, 01:12 AM
If not for this 5.5 million bonus I doubt he would even be in this race.
I agree.

Robert Fischer
05-20-2011, 11:22 AM
he'd probably have more of a chance if he was sound. i wonder how much dough he'll burn while not making the course.

where do you knuckleheadz get this soundness conspiracy from?

he's run his race all 5 of his lifetime races .
All 12 of his last workouts he's run his race (from mem like 6bullets,4top3,/12)
He's kept his schedule ever since he was training very forwardly and it was decided to go to the HB-FD-KYD-P.

there's been some bad handicapping regarding his races, and even inaccurate takes on various gallop outs.

trust, i love info probably as much as anyone, somebody share some quality support for these statements and I'll be the first to agree.

eastie
05-20-2011, 11:28 AM
since he staggered home to win the Fla derby, what has he done to inspire confidence ? why all of a sudden is he gonna beat these guys ? who has said anything about how well he's doing ? ......you still there ?

jognlope
05-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Someone said they heard from Kentucky stable people he was having problems before Derby.

Robert Fischer
05-20-2011, 12:07 PM
who has said anything about how well he's doing ?[/QUO

[QUOTE=eastie]he'd probably have more of a chance if he was sound.

Plain Steve
05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Dialed In Preakness Win Would Help Others (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/63133/dialed-in-preakness-win-would-help-others)

Nick Zito said he and owner Robert LaPenta would donate portion of bonus to charity.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/#ixzz1Muncehix

Oh give me a break, what a lame a**! Is this supposed to make someone who beats him feel guilty??
It's like the supermarkets around my way, always asking if you'd like to donate a dollar to the "cause of the day." I really hope none of my fellow horseplayers fall for that.

ArlJim78
05-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I highly doubt that they're doing the charity thing in order to make others feel guilty.

Plain Steve
05-20-2011, 02:12 PM
I highly doubt that they're doing the charity thing in order to make others feel guilty.

Maybe they're trying to buy their way onto the Rapture Bus that leaves tomorrow.

Striker
05-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Dialed In is the 5-2 favorite as of now