PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite track to bet?

Leparoux
05-19-2011, 01:30 AM
And why?

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Whichever NYRA track happens to be running.

Robert Goren
05-19-2011, 06:42 AM
NYRA in the summer and fall. Tampa in the winter. They have more races that are bettable in the method of handicapping I use. And the time of day is right for me.

lamboguy
05-19-2011, 06:59 AM
i like any track that feature alot of condition races, such as mountaineer, charlestown, finger lakes, indiana, sulfolk and a few others. i love the beginning of the meets at asd, northlands, and hastings. i like those tracks early because they have horses that have either been on the bench or coming from somewhere else. i am noticing alot of horses coming from tampa into those places.

JBmadera
05-19-2011, 07:13 AM
I like the lower take out tracks like KEE, CD, TAM. Plus EVD, DMR, KD - full fields, unique tracks/race conditions, etc....and any track where I have uncovered a short term bias I can exploite.

I also enjoy some of the racing from the UK, Ascot and Newmarket esp.

Lasix67
05-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Some of my home tracks like EVD because of the large fields and prices. Delta Downs because it is Fun and fan friendly, and Saratoga because it is the premier meet in the country with the best connections in the sport gathered together.

raybo
05-19-2011, 09:49 AM
EvD, big fields, good payouts, if you're up to it.

Robert Goren
05-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I like CD, but I seldom bet there because the announcer drives me up a wall.

GaryG
05-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Kentucky Downs - a 1 1/4 mile turf course in the european style. What a shame they will race just four days this year.

pondman
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
If I have a bet-- Santa Anita (Grass.)

Most of my bets are on shippers leaving S. California. I make the majority of money on Shippers going to Golden Gate, Northern California Fairs, Emerald, Turf Paradise, and Zia.

Because of similiarities I've got the same thing going on at Finger Lakes.

BombsAway Bob
05-19-2011, 04:27 PM
...there is only ONE on Racetrack on Top,
& a bunch fighting the runner-up spot...
SARA-TOGA!
Shippers, 2YO's, Stakes Daily, & BYOB!

turninforhome10
05-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Amen Bob, Saratoga is by far my favorite experience. Good fields, good odds, and the best horses and racing personalties. I have shown great ROI for the last three years. Plus it's Saratoga, just the name says summertime racing at its finest. The Spaaaaaaaaaaaa

gm10
05-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Santa Anita before the downgrade to dirt, now I'd say Tampa Bay/Turf Paradise in winter and Woodbine otherwise. In the UK my favourite track is Epsom.

I used to love Great Lakes/Larceny Downs. That was great for betting.

gm10
05-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Santa Anita before the downgrade to dirt, now I'd say Tampa Bay/Turf Paradise in winter and Woodbine otherwise. In the UK my favourite track is Epsom.

I used to love Great Lakes/Larceny Downs. That was great for betting.

Reason: familiarity, and because of the big fields and the consistent surface.

captainhot
05-19-2011, 07:27 PM
1, Saratoga Nothing else comes close.
2, Tampa Bay I love Winter racing, full fields, good betting menu.
3, Fonner Park My home track, I still do well there.

Least favorites
1, Prairie Meadows If Secretariat was running against $3500 claimers, I wouldn't be able to cash a ticket.
2, Golden Gate Six horses in every race.
3, Mountaineer Is it muddy 300 days a year at this track?

Track that I really don't care if I win or lose.
KENTUCKY DOWNS, I really enjoy the racing there, wish they ran more days.

Tape Reader
05-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Saratoga!

Maybe I'm naive but I feel ALL horses racing at Saratoga are trying. Ego of trainers, blue bloods, whatever.

And... I love the tote board action!

therussmeister
05-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Hawthorne Fall - good match for my handicapping methodology
Tampa - intellectually stimulating handicapping
Keeneland - 19% tri/super
Churchill - 19% tri/super

Zaf
05-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Saratoga - nothing beats it

SoCal Tracks - win more consistently there

Z

GARY Z
05-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Spa /any day

Belmont on Belmont Day

Turfway Park/Keeneland meet

phattty
05-19-2011, 10:05 PM
tampa......ellis

play where your ROI is the best, my idea of favorite tracks

used to be Keeneland when it was dirt

for amusement and recreation.......saratoga

Grits
05-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Saratoga followed by Keeneland.

Broad Brush
05-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Belmont Park by far. Both the Dirt & Turf courses change in very predictable ways
as they dry out from heavy rains. They favor certain types of horses
at different times and it is easy to know which ones will benefit and be hindered
as the surface changes. Plus: it is Belmont....

hugh
05-19-2011, 10:38 PM
I would have said bay meadows... how i miss that little track...
Now I like the live racing at GG...
Sure the fields are small.. but it's right in my back yard... and Dollar days every Sunday... beer, hotdogs.... and the eye candy :)

duncan04
05-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Turfway Park/Keeneland, well all KY tracks actually. guess since I live in KY. River Downs also since its another local track.

Leparoux
05-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Keeneland for me. Have only missed one weekend in the past 5 meets. Can't wait for October!

menifee
05-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Golden Gates - But just the first race of the day. Incredible value.

mountainman
05-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I can crush TD and CT, but can't recall even cashing a ticket on GP or WO. I can also beat Aqu, but get creamed at Sar. The more boutique the meet, the worse I tend to do. And the next race I cash on ANY synth track will be the first.

RichieP
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Ils Sont Parti

:)

RaceBookJoe
05-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Saratoga....just love that track and most years come away with a profit. But i will say that my Saratoga play is much better when i am off track...when i am actually there i tend to get caught up in all of the hoopla and either miss bets or make dumb ones. rbj

cnollfan
05-20-2011, 04:04 PM
EvD, big fields, good payouts, if you're up to it.

+1

Hawthorne fall meet -- Bigger fields than in the spring.
Oaklawn -- I know it the best.
Gulfstream -- Don't like what they've done to the track ambiance, but still like the racing.

uncbossfan
05-21-2011, 08:13 AM
easily Keeneland

fast4522
05-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I like to bet all of your tracks, I find each day at each track have different offerings from day to day. What I like to play is what I find in value plays. I load six tracks and get real prejudice at races with small fields with limited value. I like to visit all of the racetracks and have been to all of California's beautiful tracks as well as Gulfstream before and after. Have laptop will travel.

Tom
05-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Pimlico, Penn National, Woodbine, Tampa Bay, up until this year, when it turned on me and savaged my mercilessly.

AP turf, Bel/Sar turf, real turf not the sprint crap.

BIG HIT
05-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Hollywood won on line contest there as i'am longshot player that trk seem to click for me.There are several others but that thr stand out.

fast4522
05-22-2011, 05:17 PM
In a effort to extend this thread, what tracks are most friendly to people with laptops by having plenty of seating that have outlets and Sam machines?

Cardus
05-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Over the last decade, I have had some relative success at Oaklawn. I don't know why -- it's more ironic for me, since it doesn't have turf racing -- but I've done OK there.

Belmont, though, is my favorite, since it is the track that I visit most each year. Love the place.

therussmeister
05-22-2011, 10:28 PM
In a effort to extend this thread, what tracks are most friendly to people with laptops by having plenty of seating that have outlets and Sam machines?

I'd wish you'd make this a separate thread. I'd like a complete rundown of all tracks and OTBs. I'm thinking of relocating to an, as yet, undetermined city.

I'll start with Canterbury - Great for simulcasting only, not so good during live racing due to small number of outlets in free areas. Plenty of outlets if you want to pay for a table (free when no live racing). Lines at SAMs are definitely shorter than the windows.

salty
05-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Saratoga

Suffolk Downs on a nice sunny Saturday afternoon. I like how it is a lot like going to watch a minor league sports team.

Fox
05-23-2011, 02:55 AM
My favorite track to bet was Blue Ribbon Downs in Oklahoma.

I have never been within 200 miles of it nor had I ever seen a live video feed.

They had 2 to 4 thoroughbred races on each card and I had a very large edge for several years based on some database research. The parimutuel WPS show pools would be about $900,$500,$300. There was 2 non-parimutuel offshore books that would take $100 WPS on this track. So I could bet $200 WPS. I would get down a $200 show bet on an inefficient $300 pool and not affect the odds! Routinely, horses would pay more to show than place.

Sometimes the exacta and daily double wouldn't even be hit and you would have a consolation payout such as All-1.

Sadly, they closed their doors after the 2009 season.

Those were the days.

NJ Stinks
05-23-2011, 12:46 PM
1. Preakness Day at Pimlico

2. Turf racing at Belmont - almost impossible to be blocked into a loss

3. Gulfstream - seems to be rebounding in a big way

4. Saratoga except for too many 2 year old dirt races with little or no form

5. Woodbine Fall International Turf Festival

6.. Arlington's International Turf Festival

7. Tampa Bay and Oaklawn - big fields, privately-owned, fan-friendly

8. Buffalo Raceway - free PP's deserves recognition and some action

9. & 10. Northfield & Saratoga Harness - I do well at both places. Is that a good enough reason? :)

Some_One
05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Any track with 8+ fields and little MSW/MC races

gm10
05-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Golden Gates - But just the first race of the day. Incredible value.
Why only the first race?

FrankieFigs
05-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Kentucky Downs - a 1 1/4 mile turf course in the european style. What a shame they will race just four days this year.

Love this place. Live only 30 minutes from it and all turf racing. This has easily been the track I have shown the most profit at over the past 5 years.