PDA

View Full Version : Preakness Draw and ML

point given
05-18-2011, 06:00 PM
The draw has Animal Kingdom in post 11 @ 2/1 ml
Interesting to see #8 Dance City @ 12/1 drew outside of the other speeds,#4 Flashpoint @ 20/1 and # 5 Shackleford @ 12/1

http://www.drf.com/news/preakness-draw-kentucky-derby-winner-animal-kingdom-post-11

Field for 136th Preakness Stakes

(PP, Horse, Jockey, M/L)
1. Astrology, M.Smith, 15-1
2. Norman Asbjornson, J.Pimentel, 30-1
3. King Congie, R.Albarado, 20-1
4. Flashpoint, C.Velasquez, 20-1
5. Shackleford, J.Castanon, 12-1
6. Sway Away, G.Gomez, 15-1
7. Midnight Interlude, M.Garcia, 15-1
8. Dance City, R.Dominguez, 12-1
9. Mucho Macho Man, R.Maragh, 6-1
10. Dialed In, J.Leparoux, 9-2
11. Animal Kingdom, J.Velazquez, 2-1
12. Isn’t He Perfect, E.Prado, 30-1
13. Concealed Identity, S.Russell, 30-1
14. Mr. Commons, V.Espinoza, 20-1

OFFandRUNNING10
05-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I think everyone drew pretty well. I do not see any big issues. Animal Kingdom is sitting pretty the way I see it. He has Dialed In who will likely head towards the back again and then plenty of speed to the inside of there to pretty much drop behind wherever JV wants to put him.

tubesockshakur
05-18-2011, 06:04 PM
would love to get 6-1 on M.M.M.

cj
05-18-2011, 06:12 PM
The Preakness drew a field of 5 today...the rest are just filler.

Shackleford
Sway Away
Dance City
Mucho Macho Man
Animal Kingdom

point given
05-18-2011, 06:26 PM

Shackleford
Sway Away
Dance City
Mucho Macho Man
Animal Kingdom

I more or less agree. Dont' have the pps, does or did Sway Away wear blinkers in Arkansas ? Liking 15/1 ML

Leparoux
05-18-2011, 07:07 PM

Shackleford
Sway Away
Dance City
Mucho Macho Man
Animal Kingdom
Dialed In has to be in that mix.

Dialed In, MMM, AK & Shack clearly stand out on paper.

Smarty Cide
05-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Shackleford
Sway Away
Dance City
Mucho Macho Man
Animal Kingdom
Dialed In

would that tri box pay off?

GaryG
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
If nothing develops between now and then I will probably just hit the exacta pretty good with AK over Dance and Mucho.

Leparoux
05-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Shackleford
Sway Away
Dance City
Mucho Macho Man
Animal Kingdom
Dialed In

would that tri box pay off?
Yes. Last year...

Trifecta: (7-11-6) $2,7771.00
1.Lookin at Lucky ($6.80, $4.60, $3.80)
2.First Dude ($16.60, $9.20)
3.Jackson Bend ($6.60)

First dude paying 16.60 to place certainly helped as well as having the favorite off the board, but Looking at Lucky was second choice.

If it goes Animal Kingdom/Dialed In/Mucho Macho Man that wouldn't be great but boxing 6 horses costs what $120 for a $1?

DRIVEWAY
05-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Why does Baffert have Midnight Interlude in this race?

cj's dad
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Why does Baffert have Midnight Interlude in this race?

EGO ??

outofthebox
05-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Why does Baffert have Midnight Interlude in this race?Big deal, he threw in a clinker. Maybe he's in because he's one of only 3 here that are grade 1 winners. But i heard the real reason was that the cost of the plane trip to Md. was much cheaper than back to LA.

porchy44
05-18-2011, 09:32 PM
would love to get 6-1 on M.M.M.

Agreed

calltopost
05-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Can someone PLEASE sell me on Dance City? I feel like it's a horse I should take seriously but I simply cannot. Partially I hate the name so I'm begging someone to help me overcome my prejudice.

I just like Shackleford better and I don't see more than one speed horse finishing in the Top 3.

GatetoWire
05-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Word is that Baffert does not think that Midnight Interlude really liked the track at Churchill. He liked his work on Monday and thinks that his Derby race is a complete throwout.
Baffert has won the Preakness before with a horse that was terrible in the Derby so I can see why he is taking a shot.

On Shackleford. You may want to see how he looks on the track. There is some buzz that he has been just average in his post derby moves which is very opposite of the way he came into the Derby. In the pre Derby gallops he looked very strong and ran well. He might not come back on short rest as well as we all think.

GatetoWire
05-18-2011, 10:36 PM

Unfortunately the race is run on the track. Not on paper.

There are no signs yet that Dialed In is showing anyone that he is ready to run a better race. The reports from Churchill have been much of the same as pre Derby and that Dialed In is moving gingerly at best and is continuing to show soreness.
I think MD has tighter pain medication rules and unless Dialed In shows more during his gallops on the track Thur/Fri then he will be a pitch out again.

cj
05-18-2011, 10:47 PM

Why? I didn't forget to print his PPs with the rest of them. I just don't think he can win.

Leparoux
05-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately the race is run on the track. Not on paper.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Leparoux
05-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Of any 'major' contender, I do think Dialed In has the most questions. You have to ask yourself if he would even be running on Saturday if the 5 mil bonus wasn't involved.

redshift1
05-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Of any 'major' contender, I do think Dialed In has the most questions. You have to ask yourself if he would even be running on Saturday if the 5 mil bonus wasn't involved.

The race is still to be run and how many posters here picked Animal Kingdom as the Derby winner? ... not many..... One thing for sure with Flashpoint in the mix the pace should benefit Dialed In and he has a chance just like all the other 14 horses.

Leparoux
05-19-2011, 12:23 AM
The race is still to be run and how many posters here picked Animal Kingdom as the Derby winner? ... not many..... One thing for sure with Flashpoint in the mix the pace should benefit Dialed In and he has a chance just like all the other 14 horses.
If the race is still to be run then how do we know Flashpoint will be in the mix :rolleyes:

I'm trying to figure out where I said Dialed In doesn't have a chance... actually, if you read the entire thread I was sticking up for him earlier.

Why is everyone so sensitive? I asked a simple question... would Dialed In be running if the big bonus wasn't involved? It is a fair question.

calltopost
05-19-2011, 12:42 AM
There is some buzz that he has been just average in his post derby moves which is very opposite of the way he came into the Derby.
Where did you get that? I haven't heard too much about the workouts. Mike Welsch had nice reports before the KY Derby but I have seen sparse notes about Preak workouts... more buzz please!

FYI - right now I'm on board with these:

MMM/AK/Astro/Sway Away

redshift1
05-19-2011, 12:56 AM
If the race is still to be run then how do we know Flashpoint will be in the mix :rolleyes:

I'm trying to figure out where I said Dialed In doesn't have a chance... actually, if you read the entire thread I was sticking up for him earlier.

Why is everyone so sensitive? I asked a simple question... would Dialed In be running if the big bonus wasn't involved? It is a fair question.

You lost me...

LemonSoupKid
05-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Can someone PLEASE sell me on Dance City? I feel like it's a horse I should take seriously but I simply cannot. Partially I hate the name so I'm begging someone to help me overcome my prejudice.

I just like Shackleford better and I don't see more than one speed horse finishing in the Top 3.

Exactly. Speed doesn't seem to be that favorable here ... the top Derby runners are all very good and will be set up well by those 4 speedballs.

I want to know more about Astrology, Concealed Identity, and Sway Away ... I can't buy into Dance City either. Any good places to go for comments on horses appearance / works?

Thanks

Leparoux
05-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Exactly. Speed doesn't seem to be that favorable here ... the top Derby runners are all very good and will be set up well by those 4 speedballs.

I want to know more about Astrology, Concealed Identity, and Sway Away ... I can't buy into Dance City either. Any good places to go for comments on horses appearance / works?

Thanks

I feel like Concealed Identity will be an underlay because a lot of players will take the local horse angle.

Dance City is becoming more and more appealing to me. He pressed a strong pace in the Arkansas Derby and still ran third in a very tough field.

point given
05-19-2011, 02:26 AM
BRIS pps for Preakness

http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdfs/hgrahammotion_255054.pdf

Dahoss2002
05-19-2011, 03:20 AM
I more or less agree. Dont' have the pps, does or did Sway Away wear blinkers in Arkansas ? Liking 15/1 ML

I agree and I think the post time odds are going to reflect this as well

Bruddah
05-19-2011, 08:19 AM

Shackleford
Sway Away
Dance City
Mucho Macho Man
Animal Kingdom

Throw the favorite out (AK) and now who do you like? Bet all you want on AK because that gives me better odds on the other four.