PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Man Allowed to Use Food Stamps After Winning $2 Million

andymays
05-18-2011, 03:03 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2011/05/18/michigan-man-food-stamps/

Excerpt:

If your hot morning coffee didn’t do enough to get your blood boiling, this should help:

HUSKER55
05-18-2011, 03:08 PM
YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK.

Striker
05-18-2011, 03:45 PM
I was in a grocery line the other day and the man in front of me was with, I assume, his son. What made me so curious was that there were exactly 4 cans of Busch beer on the grocery belt for him. I thought why does this guy have only 4 cans of beer and not a 6 pack. Well, I see him swipe some kinda of card that my girlfriend said was a Link card here(gov. assistance) in Illinois. I had heard of it but never seen one used and my girlfriend knows people that have this card. I couldn't believe that government assistance allows you to buy alcohol on the taxpayers dime. I guess you can also buy cigs with this card too. Being able to buy cereal and other food is one thing, but being allowed to purchase alcohol and cigs on food stamps, that's absurd.

DRIVEWAY
05-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Another strange thing is that Kentucky is number one with 20% of the population getting food stamps. I quess they like Rand Paul on one hand and government subsidies on the other.