PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Thread?

Ocala Mike
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
What happened to Toetoe's thread about the SF Giants and an anti-homophobic campaign?

Ocala Mike

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Maybe it got light in the loafers and floated off into never never land...

horses4courses
05-18-2011, 08:55 AM
What happened to Toetoe's thread about the SF Giants and an anti-homophobic campaign?

Ocala Mike

There it was...... and......poof!

Haven't seen the likes since I sat through a David Copperfield show.....

Tom
05-18-2011, 10:17 AM
I know a guy once, he bought a pair of Odor Eaters, put them in his shoes, took three steps and I haven't seen him since.

GaryG
05-18-2011, 10:37 AM
The term homophobic, like its cousin xenophobic, is actually misleading. Most that oppose gay and lesbian marriage are not afraid of them, they simply believe that marriage is reserved for men and women. Just like those that oppose unlimited illegal entry into our country are not afraid of foreigners. Just don't like the way they drain our economy.

cj's dad
05-18-2011, 02:56 PM
The term homophobic, like its cousin xenophobic, is actually misleading. Most that oppose gay and lesbian marriage are not afraid of them, they simply believe that marriage is reserved for men and women. Just like those that oppose unlimited illegal entry into our country are not afraid of foreigners. Just don't like the way they drain our economy.

Agreed Gary- homophobia is a cute little word invented by libs to make those who oppose the G/L lifestyle appear to have some character flaw. It's just gotta be us cause it can't be them who are wrong.

Ocala Mike
05-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I see the thread has reappeared, almost as magically as it vanished. Anyway, I just wish to say that I am hopelessy heterosexual and also hopelessly tolerant. If the campaign is, as I believe Mostpost indicated, about stopping this bullying crap that's permeating our schools, I'm all for it.

Ocala Mike

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Agreed Gary- homophobia is a cute little word invented by libs to make those who oppose the G/L lifestyle appear to have some character flaw. It's just gotta be us cause it can't be them who are wrong.

It is a character flaw. Why do you care what people do in their bedrooms as long as it doesn't involve kids or animals?

Opposing marriage is one thing. I don't agree, especially with the divorce rate in this country, but okay you oppose gay marriage. But opposing their lifestyle is a whole other thing and shows remarkable intolerence for no reason.

Dave Schwartz
05-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Anyway, I just wish to say that I am hopelessy heterosexual and also hopelessly tolerant.

Mike,

I shall be sure to alert the media.

:lol:

Dave

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I see the thread has reappeared, almost as magically as it vanished. It has? That would be news to me.

cj's dad
05-18-2011, 09:00 PM
It is a character flaw. Why do you care what people do in their bedrooms as long as it doesn't involve kids or animals?

Opposing marriage is one thing. I don't agree, especially with the divorce rate in this country, but okay you oppose gay marriage. But opposing their lifestyle is a whole other thing and shows remarkable intolerence for no reason.

I do not care if they shove a banana up their a--. My point is that I do not want to be called a homophobe if I think that what they are doing is wrong!
I think capital punishment is wrong. What term am I labeled with?

I disagree with war unless we are directly attacked; am I a pacifist - hardly!

I think BO is a HORRIBLE President - am I a racist ?

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I do not care if they shove a banana up their a--. My point is that I do not want to be called a homophobe if I think that what they are doing is wrong!
I think capital punishment is wrong. What term am I labeled with?

I disagree with war unless we are directly attacked; am I a pacifist - hardly!

I think BO is a HORRIBLE President - am I a racist ?

You object to being called a homophobe because you are one. Again, there is a MAJOR difference in being against gay marriage and not approving of someone's lifestyle that has ZERO effect on you.

Mike at A+
05-18-2011, 09:16 PM
BINGO! Phobia = fear. If you don't approve of the gay lifestyle, that doesn't imply that you are fearful in any way. Libs would have you believe that gays have no choice in their lifestyle and that there is some sort of "gay gene" that programs people to be gay. I don't buy that for one minute. I don't approve of the gay lifestyle in the same way that they don't approve of the straight lifestyle. Yet I don't go around calling them heterophobe. This political correctness has gotten to a point where you just have to throw your hands up in the air and scream. The same goes for minorities and crime. No one I know claims that minorities have a "crime gene" but it's difficult to ignore the demographics of prison populations. Liberals will say that is a socioeconomic issue. Why is THAT different?

cj's dad
05-18-2011, 09:20 PM
You object to being called a homophobe because you are one. Again, there is a MAJOR difference in being against gay marriage and not approving of someone's lifestyle that has ZERO effect on you.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia

Here is what you do not understand - I am not afraid of someone who wants to have sex with someone of the same gender- get that ?

I am not afraid of a homosexual- get that ?

Because I do not approve of their lifestyle is a personal choice - get that ?

Homosexuals are what they are. They are people who wish to have sexual relations with someone of their own sex. I find that disgusting.
So shoot me. My wife and I raised 3 sons sucessfully. Homos cannot have children. I find them to be selfish and self centered. Do I have to like that ? No ! And I do not. So, fire away Hos, fire away !!!

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 09:24 PM
BINGO! Phobia = fear. If you don't approve of the gay lifestyle, that doesn't imply that you are fearful in any way. Libs would have you believe that gays have no choice in their lifestyle and that there is some sort of "gay gene" that programs people to be gay. I don't buy that for one minute. I don't approve of the gay lifestyle in the same way that they don't approve of the straight lifestyle. Yet I don't go around calling them heterophobe. This political correctness has gotten to a point where you just have to throw your hands up in the air and scream. The same goes for minorities and crime. No one I know claims that minorities have a "crime gene" but it's difficult to ignore the demographics of prison populations. Liberals will say that is a socioeconomic issue. Why is THAT different?

This is amazingly stupid....even for this room.

cj's dad
05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
This is amazingly stupid....even for this room.

See what happens Mike ? When they cannot answer they resort to insullts

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia

Here is what you do not understand - I am not afraid of someone who wants to have sex with someone of the same gender- get that ?

I am not afraid of a homosexual- get that ?

Because I do not approve of their lifestyle is a personal choice - get that ?

Homosexuals are what they are. They are people who wish to have sexual relations with someone of their own sex. I find that disgusting.
So shoot me. My wife and I raised 3 sons sucessfully. Homos cannot have children. I find them to be selfish and self centered. Do I have to like that ? No ! And I do not. So, fire away Hos, fire away !!!

Did you read the definition? Irrational fear, aversion to, or discrimination against. Just so you know, the definition of aversion is- A strong dislike or disinclination

You clearly have an aversion to homosexuals. Hence, you're homophobic. You're free to like or dislike as you choose. But it'd be nice if one person in this room would own up to what they are.

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 09:42 PM
See what happens Mike ? When they cannot answer they resort to insullts

Yeah, that's it. His post was so brilliant I can't answer it.

horses4courses
05-18-2011, 09:56 PM
For those of you out there who are parents, ask yourself this question:

If a child of yours told you that they were gay, would you love them less?

Mike at A+
05-18-2011, 10:09 PM
For those of you out there who are parents, ask yourself this question:

If a child of yours told you that they were gay, would you love them less?
That isn't the point. You could love them immensely and still disapprove of their lifestyle. If a child of yours was a heroin addict would you love them less? Or would you disapprove of the choice they've made to be involved with heroin?

Mike at A+
05-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Did you read the definition? Irrational fear, aversion to, or discrimination against. Just so you know, the definition of aversion is- A strong dislike or disinclination

You clearly have an aversion to homosexuals. Hence, you're homophobic. You're free to like or dislike as you choose. But it'd be nice if one person in this room would own up to what they are.
Then I ask is it possible to disapprove of something without having an "aversion" to the person doing it? Can you disapprove of your child's heroin use without having an aversion of your son?

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 10:27 PM
That isn't the point. You could love them immensely and still disapprove of their lifestyle. If a child of yours was a heroin addict would you love them less? Or would you disapprove of the choice they've made to be involved with heroin?

So now being gay is akin to being a heroin addict?

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Then I ask is it possible to disapprove of something without having an "aversion" to the person doing it? Can you disapprove of your child's heroin use without having an aversion of your son?

Your analogy is ridiculous. People don't choose to be gay. Just like we don't choose to be straight.

Greyfox
05-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Your analogy is ridiculous. People don't choose to be gay. Just like we don't choose to be straight.

True.
But they can choose to be celibate.

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 10:36 PM
True.

Why should they?

Greyfox
05-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Why should they?

Why not?
Many opt for celibacy.
Every choice has consequences.

Tom
05-18-2011, 10:46 PM
True.

Then, like drug use, being not celibate is a choice.
So the analogy is good even if everyone fails to understand it.
But actually, drug addiction removes the choice part, but choosing not to be celibate is always a choice, so it is even more appropriate.
Ov vey!

NJ Stinks
05-18-2011, 11:00 PM
True.

Yea. That works well for priests. :rolleyes:

First, ask yourself why anybody would choose to be gay. Being gay in society means there is something most definitely different about you from most others. That by itself leads to a feeling of guilt because you are different. What kid/teenager is going to choose that option for themselves? What are the advantages of choosing that lifestyle?

If anything, gays come accept their sexual preference and learn to live with it. Hopefully, the adjustment will not be too painful family and friend-wise and they can start to enjoy life just like anyone not gay.

The last thing I'm going to do is make their lives any harder than it already is in our society. And that means I look forward to gay marriage ceremonies because I want them to be able to make the same commitment that heterosexuals make.

Bottom line: I don't have to understand why there is gay attraction. I just know there is and I have no sane reason for not accepting their lifestyle.

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Why not?
Many opt for celibacy.
Every choice has consequences.

Why should gay people choose celibacy? Because a bunch of homophobic old farts don't agree with their lifestyle?

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Then, like drug use, being not celibate is a choice.
So the analogy is good even if everyone fails to understand it.
But actually, drug addiction removes the choice part, but choosing not to be celibate is always a choice, so it is even more appropriate.
Ov vey!

Brilliant as always.

Greyfox
05-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Why should gay people choose celibacy? Because a bunch of homophobic old farts don't agree with their lifestyle?

Say what you think but celibacy is a choice.
Secondly, I didn't want to split hairs but your belief:
"People don't choose to be gay."
is likely not true for at least 20 % of them (maybe many more).
So I let it stand. Several scholars would quarrel the belief with you for sure.
Yes, there is probably a huge biological predisposition for the majority.
For others, that has not been clearly shown. Nature vs. Nurture.
The subject is quite debateable. And you are not the one I would even consider debating it with.

MONEY
05-18-2011, 11:38 PM

When we are young we have no desire to have sex.
Both heterosexual and homosexual are learned behaviors.

Having said that, if I were a female I would have to be gay.
I don't know what women see in us, but I love women.

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Say what you think but celibacy is a choice.
Secondly, I didn't want to split hairs but your belief:
"People don't choose to be gay."
is likely not true for at least 20 % of them (maybe many more).
So I let it stand. Several scholars would quarrel the belief with you for sure.
Yes, there is probably a huge biological predisposition for the majority.
For others, that has not been clearly shown. Nature vs. Nurture.
The subject is quite debateable. And you are not the one I would even consider debating it with.

You wouldn't to debate it with me because I'd shred you, like I have numerous times in the past. Where did you pull the 20% number from?

I never denied celibacy is a choice, for some. For others (like many that populate this room) it's because no one from either sex would go near them if the world was ending.

However, it still doesn't answer your ridiculous and homophobic stance that gays should be celibate instead of acting on how they feel. An act, which is perfectly legal. Instead of speaking in code, please explain why you feel that is a good idea.

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 11:43 PM
When we are young we have no desire to have sex.
Both heterosexual and homosexual are learned behaviors.

Learned behaviors? From who?

Greyfox
05-18-2011, 11:43 PM
You wouldn't to debate it with me because I'd shred you, like I have numerous times in the past.

Sorry. Wrong again.
I wouldn't debate it with you because I don't suffer fools gladly.
Good night.

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Sorry. Wrong again.
I wouldn't debate it with you because I don't suffer fools gladly.
Good night.

I didn't think you'd have the balls to defend your idiocy. You can't.

MONEY
05-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Learned behaviors? From who?
I don't know where different people learn to do what they do.
There is enough info on the internet, in magazines & on television for anyone to learn about almost anything.

Dahoss9698
05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
I don't know where different people learn to do what they do.
There is enough info on the internet, in magazines & on television for anyone to learn about almost anything.

So why are you so sure it is learned? What about people that were gay before magazines, the internet and TV that had straight parents? Who taught them? Imaginary friends?

PhantomOnTour
05-19-2011, 12:02 AM
I am of the mind that no one chooses their sexual preference. You are what you are, but even if up to 20% chose to be gay (as posted by Greyfox), why would that be any more reason to dislike them or "that thing they do"?

They aren't "choosing" to hurt anyone or disrupt anyone's lives. They are choosing to be happy if anything. I'm sorry some folks just can't get over the way they have sex, because that's what it's ALL about, isn't it? You just find that disgusting...fine with me. You have that right, but I think some folks views on gay people would change if they had a family member or close friend who is gay.

MONEY
05-19-2011, 12:06 AM
So why are you so sure it is learned? What about people that were gay before magazines, the internet and TV that had straight parents? Who taught them? Imaginary friends?
So your asking me, what came 1st the chicken or the egg?
I don't know.
I know that there have always been people that would have sex with anybody & anything.

newtothegame
05-19-2011, 12:17 AM
For me,
It really doesnt matter to me another persons sexual persuasion.
Their lifestyle is just that, Theirs! I would hope that they (those of an alternative lifestyle) do not begrudge me as I chose to be heterosexual. So, I give them the same courtesy.
But, as a grandparent raising a beautiful young lady, as with any parent, there will be questions that arise as they grow older. So, I can understand some peoples concerns. In my case, I just try to tell my grandaughter how I feel and my beliefs. At some point, she will make her own choices in life. I will love her none the less for those choices.
A few other posters mentioned about "choice". It is their choice as it is their lifestyle. I am sure they know the choices they make leads to consequences. But, we all have consequences. There are consequences for getting in our vehicles and driving to work daily. It doesnt stop us from making that decision. It just makes us aware of the consequences.

Dahoss9698
05-19-2011, 12:18 AM
So your asking me, what came 1st the chicken or the egg?
I don't know.
I know that there have always been people that would have sex with anybody & anything.

No, I'm asking you to explain yourself. You said people learn to be gay or straight. I asked you how it is learned and you didn't know, but suggested the internet, magazines and TV.

So I asked what about people that were gay before all of those things were invented. You don't know.

So, I'll ask again, why do you feel this way? What makes you believe people learn to be gay or straight? What are you basing your belief on?

eastie
05-19-2011, 12:34 AM
If you've even considered it....you're gay. Guys like Sean Penn in Milk or those guys on HBO's OZ like Chris Merloni ?....acting ? No way OJ. Gay.
Realistically, for any amount of money would you even think about it ?

That being said....
80% of gay people would take a pill to make them straight tomorrow
10% of gay people are supposed to be gay. They like being gay. They have great taste in clothes and are awesome waiters. Lesbians are cool. It's all good.
the other 10% is like the 10% of straight people that are just miserable ash holes.

MONEY
05-19-2011, 12:50 AM
No, I'm asking you to explain yourself. You said people learn to be gay or straight. I asked you how it is learned and you didn't know, but suggested the internet, magazines and TV.

So I asked what about people that were gay before all of those things were invented. You don't know.

So, I'll ask again, why do you feel this way? What makes you believe people learn to be gay or straight? What are you basing your belief on?
My much younger brother, (may god bless his soul) was gay. He died of aids, at 27 years old.
I asked him, why he was gay.
He told me that at 1st it was for money, and then it was who he is.

I am straight.
When I reached puberty, as far I can remember, I was surrounded by only straight people. So I learned to be straight.

I think I just got what your getting at. Being gay and having gay sex are two different things. I was talking about the act & you were talking about the heart.

You win:ThmbUp:

Dahoss9698
05-19-2011, 12:54 AM
My much younger brother, (may god bless his soul) was gay. He died of aids, at 27 years old.
I asked him, why he was gay.
He told me that at 1st it was for money, and then it was who he is.

I am straight.
When I reached puberty, as far I can remember, I was surrounded by only straight people. So I learned to be straight.

I think I just got what your getting at. Being gay and having gay sex are two different things. I was talking about the act & you were talking about the heart.

You win:ThmbUp:

Sorry about your brother. 27 is way too young.

I'm not trying to win. Just trying to see where you are coming from. I appreciate you taking the time to explain your thoughts, even if we don't see eye to eye.

delayjf
05-19-2011, 01:26 AM
The term homophobic, like its cousin xenophobic, is actually misleading

If someone suffered from acute homophobia - could one's mental illness be used as a defense in a criminal case? Can one get handicapped parking or file for disability based on this mental illness? If I had an "adversion" to a child molester would that make me a "pediphobe".

Amazing how if you take a moral stand in this country - you get labeled as being mentally ill.

thaskalos
05-19-2011, 02:18 AM
If I had an "adversion" to a child molester would that make me a "pediphobe".

No...that would be inaccurate. The word "pedi" is Greek for CHILD...so the word "pediphobe" (or more accurately PEDOPHOBE) would mean...fear or contempt for CHILDREN.

chickenhead
05-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Amazing how if you take a moral stand in this country - you get labeled as being mentally ill.

Well no, obviously you can stand up for most any kind of morality -- take a stand on pedophiles, murderers, people that torture pets, steal, rape, loot, pillage, etc -- and you're pretty much going to have clear sailing, because those all have unwilling participants we call victims. For a whole lot of people, that is the rung they hang their hat on as for determining morality.

If you're catching argument its not because you're taking a moral stand -- its because some people (honestly) don't think you're taking a very good moral stand. And I doubt it has much to do with this country....never sure why people throw that in sometimes. I'm pretty sure people argue over morality in all countries.

Most people I know (and I) don't consider anything relating to sex between willing adults intrinsically to be immoral, I'd consider it amoral. Likewise someone brought up drug use. Also something I'd consider amoral. Doesn't mean I'd *suggest* certain forms of sexual behavior or drug consumption, but intrinsically they don't carry a morality so far as I'm concerned. They might work out well for some people, and not so well for others.

Not all behavior you might dislike is immoral. I dislike getting up early in the morning -- and just wish like hell people would stop doing it all the time because it makes me uncomfortable, but its not immoral. Just kind of annoying.

Miraculously, the world keeps spinning regardless of all of our very little opinions on such matters.

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2011, 02:27 AM
There are some interesting posts in this thread. Then there are some posts that just defy explanation.

I am particularly interested in the origin of sexuality, whether one ultimately turns out to be gay or straight.

I don't know the answer to this question myself. I don't believe I "learned" to be attracted to females. It just always was. Can anyone here actually say they "learned" to either be attracted to men or women? This seems like a rather bizarre concept.

Now, if indeed we are born hard wired to be either gay or straight, what possible purpose could a "gay gene" serve in terms of sustaining mankind? After millions of years of evolution, wouldn't one think that a "gay gene" would have gone the way of the vestigial tail? After all, being gay is a bit of a hindrance when it comes to propagating the species, wouldn't you say?

Wouldn't the theory of Darwinism pretty much see to it that homosexuals, if they are indeed born this way, simply go the way of the dinosaurs, if for no other reason than they aren't a very efficient way to make sure the species thrives and survives?

chickenhead
05-19-2011, 02:39 AM
I think using the same argument you could assume there wouldn't be any dumb people left after all these years...but alas, here we all are :D

bigmack
05-19-2011, 02:40 AM
This joint is teaming with geriatrics filled with notions that are baseless.

Anyone dumb enough to try and change their train of thought is dumber than those they're trying to school.

Don't force me to post the Billy Richardson/Melissa Etheridge clip again. :eek:

Anyone in the 'learned' camp notice effeminate boys on the playground or butchy girls before they even knew what sexuality was?

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2011, 02:45 AM
I think using the same argument you could assume there wouldn't be any dumb people left after all these years...but alas, here we all are :DI don't agree. Homosexuality has a direct impact on the propagation of the human species, for obvious reasons. The concept of natural selection would thus look to weed out this "undesirable" trait, from the standpoint of evolution, no? Again, assuming there is something akin to a "gay gene" in existence.

Greyfox
05-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Can anyone here actually say they "learned" to either be attracted to men or women?

Good question.
No one truly knows the answer to the nature vs nurture aspect of homosexuality with total certainty. It could be both, but nature would seemingly be the strongest "press" for most.
Homosexuality learned???
It is not so much that one learns to be attracted to men or women.
Horrific experiences in childhood, or the perception of such, can teach one to be "repulsed" by men or women. For example, a young girl continually raped by an Uncle might find the thought of having sex with a man repulsive and find greater comfort in being a Lesbian. (That's just 1 example. Every person is different.)

bigmack
05-19-2011, 02:53 AM
What a scream. A robust thread that never was. :D

Good question.
No one truly knows the answer to the nature vs nurture aspect of homosexuality with total certainty. It could be both, but nature would seemingly be the strongest "press" for most.
Homosexuality learned???
It is not so much that one learns to be attracted to men or women.
Horrific experiences in childhood, or the perception of such, can teach one to be "repulsed" by men or women. For example, a young girl continually raped by an Uncle might find the thought of having sex with a man repulsive and find greater comfort in being a Lesbian. (That's just 1 example. Every person is different.)
Come on. You got your X you got your Y. Some got more X and some got more Y. End of story.

chickenhead
05-19-2011, 02:57 AM
I don't agree. Homosexuality has a direct impact on the propagation of the human species, for obvious reasons. The concept of natural selection would thus look to weed out this "undesirable" trait, from the standpoint of evolution, no? Again, assuming there is something akin to a "gay gene" in existence.

no I was just doing jokes. I think it argues its not a hereditable gene...probably more like some mutation (said without negative connotation). I don't know, I'm not really up on biology. I think we underestimate just how many crazy things happen when the miracle of going from one cell to a full baby happens. If the internets are to be trusted, and I'm sure they are -- some shocking % of people out there have all sorts of weird gender things going on at a real biological level.

Most people that can hide any out of the ordinary developmental aspects do so so we don't really notice them, those that can't we keep out of site in assisted care and whatnot. Being born is a crapshoot of disorder, all of us with 10 fingers and toes, 1 willy or hoo-ha, and a reasonably properly aligned and functioning brain and emotional state hit the jackpot, all things considered.

The genes may be the blueprint, but while our buildings are being built I think we all get some coffee spilt on them, and some lines blurred, and things come out just a little different each time.

Greyfox
05-19-2011, 03:02 AM
What a scream. A robust thread that never was. :D

Come on. You got your X you got your Y. Some got more X and some got more Y. End of story.

Dang. That's so obvious and I missed it. Dang.

bigmack
05-19-2011, 03:09 AM
One wonders the scale of objectionableness this hauled off thread toetoe started. Must have been an egregious violation of PC BS.

Mike at A+
05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
I am of the mind that no one chooses their sexual preference. You are what you are, but even if up to 20% chose to be gay (as posted by Greyfox), why would that be any more reason to dislike them or "that thing they do"?

They aren't "choosing" to hurt anyone or disrupt anyone's lives. They are choosing to be happy if anything. I'm sorry some folks just can't get over the way they have sex, because that's what it's ALL about, isn't it? You just find that disgusting...fine with me. You have that right, but I think some folks views on gay people would change if they had a family member or close friend who is gay.
Actually I have both. A cousin who is a lesbian and a few gay and lesbian friends. We seldom discuss sexuality but I can say with 100% certainty that none of them favor same sex marriage. Their "aversion" to heterosexual relationships mirrors my "aversion" to homosexual relationships. None of us have an aversion or a phobia of each other personally because our other interests like sports, music and family functions take presidence. We all believe that sexual preference is chosen at some point in life and that the reasons for that choice can vary immensely but are usually based on an real life experience involving another person or persons either in childhood or early adulthood. As for my cousin, she was actually married for well over 10 years and had two natural born children with her former husband.

Actually I should edit one statement above. I SHOULD HAVE said "Their "aversion" to heterosexual SEX mirrors my "aversion" to homosexual SEX." Relationships in general include much more than just sex.

Ocala Mike
05-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow, PA, I think I got my answer about the disappearing thread in spades! Now, I'm going back to "Need Puzzle Help" and to play some horses where I belong.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Wow, PA, I think I got my answer about the disappearing thread in spades! Now, I'm going back to "Need Puzzle Help" and to play some horses where I belong.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Huh? Spell it out for me next time....less emoticons, more English please.

Light
05-19-2011, 11:45 AM
From Wikipedia:

Bagemihl's research shows that homosexual behavior, not necessarily sex, has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.Homosexuality in animals is seen as controversial by social conservatives because it asserts the naturalness of homosexuality in humans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

As the paragraph suggest,research on human beings hard wired as gay has been limited due to social taboos. Research is now suggesting that some of us are.

delayjf
05-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Bagemihl's research shows that homosexual behavior, not necessarily sex, has been observed in close to 1500 species

Attempting to assign human motives to animal behavior is faulty, humans are the only species that engages in sex for pleasure. If my dog humps someone's leg, is that a justification for breastiality?

Tom
05-20-2011, 10:05 AM
If my dog humps someone's leg, is that a justification for breastiality?

BReastiality? :eek:

PhantomOnTour
05-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Attempting to assign human motives to animal behavior is faulty, humans are the only species that engages in sex for pleasure. If my dog humps someone's leg, is that a justification for breastiality?
Are you sure? I saw a show on a certain type of primate who literally have sex multiple times a day. Maybe they've figured it out!

EDIT: Bonobo is the chimp I was talking about. They have face to face sex (missionary), oral sex and even tongue kiss...whoa! They use sex as a greeting or to resolve conflict. Fascinating...look up the Bonobo.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Attempting to assign human motives to animal behavior is faulty, humans are the only species that engages in sex for pleasure. If my dog humps someone's leg, is that a justification for breastiality?Not true, as Phantom points out above....