PDA

View Full Version : Mucho Macho Man

Leparoux
05-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Haven't heard his name mentioned all week. Only hearing about Animal Kingdom, Nehro, Dialed In and horses that didn't run in the Derby. He had a nice 6 week layoff before the Derby and looks like Animal Kingdom's biggest foe in the Preakness to me.

Leparoux
05-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Impressive final work for MMM this morning. With Nehro out, he is the clear second on my board right now.

theguarantee
05-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Obviously, still waiting on the draw to start forming any conclusions, but at this point I'd use MMM on the bottom of my exotics and tip my cap if he wins.

For what it's worth, his run in the Derby kind of reminds me of Nehro's in the Arky Derby. Going around the turn he doesn't quite have the turn of foot and gets passed, then when he finally kicks it in gear is flying late, but forced to settle for a minor award. Of course, that was why I had a hard time putting Nehro over AAA in the KD, and it nearly cost me.

Still, I personally think MMM probably would have to be on, or just off the lead to beat a group like this, and I just don't see him tending the pace with DC, Shack and Flash.

Nice horse though.