PDA

View Full Version : Thurs 10/30 CD

Valuist
10-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Hope to rebound after both picks yesterday did not run well. Apple Krisp didn't break well and had a wide trip; the other horse just got its ass whipped.

CD 5th Pic 3 part wheel
5th- 1 & 6
RIght Direction looks like the one to beat; very consistent but has some seconditis. Time for a Heart drops back to the claiming ranks and invades from AP. AP shippers have been doing well.

6th- 2 & 5 & 6
Meckeme probably will be a prohibitive favorite, despite the tepid 9-2 m/l. He got caught behind 2 leaders who decided to slow things down and run 1-2 around the track. Serra Retreat is terribly inconsistent but he does like to win and he may have a clear lead. Mt Ouray looks like a live longshot, is in form and handles the racetrack.

7th 5 & 6 & 7
I think Prince Prado is the one to beat. He's got some nice T-Graph numbers and the slow pace hurt him last time out. Thunder Force is a contender but will also likely be an underlay following the good pace set up and Day taking the mount. I'll toss in Atticus Lace as a little price shot; he has shown solid speed and is 1 for 1 over the CD turf.

In the 6th lets add some exactas with Meckeme on top of Mt. Ouray, Target West and Aledo Pass.

Valuist
10-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Hit the first leg w/the 1; watched the 2 in the 2nd leg get sent for the lead (as expected) but battle tooth and nail with Meckeme (not expected). Mt. Ouray at over 20-1 loomed strongly at the top of the stretch but couldn't continue. Downgrade all the closers from that race.

2 more plays. If at least one doesn't win, I won't post selections for 2 weeks.

CD 7th # 6 PRINCE PRADO- its 12 minutes to post and he's 3-1
HAW 8th # 5 HADIFSON--really liked his last as the pace survivor. The horse that beat him came back to run strongly on the rise yesterday.