PDA

View Full Version : Dem-o-rats are safe: the Donald not running for 2012

DJofSD
05-16-2011, 02:23 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Donald-Trump-Announces-He-bloomberg-3401911374.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=5&asset=&ccode=

Too bad. It would have been this cycle's version of SP.

feelup1963
05-16-2011, 04:46 PM
did u think tramp,my bad trump had a chance? :bang:

DJofSD
05-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Honestly, no. But it would have made great theater.

Tom
05-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Yes, he would have called out the left on every single issue.

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2011, 09:45 PM
The whole thing was just a little too bizarre.

DJofSD
05-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Politics and racing should have at least one thing in common: full fields.

fast4522
05-16-2011, 09:58 PM
The whole thing was just a little too bizarre.

You said it yourself did you not? "someone put Trump up to it" I always said he was a hired gun, Trump used a sharp stick and just kept poking him on the one issue until the man caved in and produced the document. A distracting issue now gone, long long before any election. The wag the dog gimmicks have always been part of the hardball distraction game. The price of gasoline, food, and all the important things should take center stage.

Rookies
05-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Another day's (err... months) useless energies spent...

Looked like the village idgit for joining up with the tin foil hat birthers.

And then, as expected, ran with his hairpiece between his legs...:lol:

bigmack
05-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I think I bumped into a pic of you somewhere around here. If that ain't a piece you're wearing, I'd go ahead and consider springin' for one.

Order the Bobby Goldsboro. That model is pop'lar.

benzer
05-17-2011, 12:14 AM

Why do you insist on sticking your nose in on USA business? You have a great country to be proud of and that should be your focal point.

Only the people of the USA will decide the outcome of the next presidential election, that is the way our founding fathers set it up. I see no reason to change what has worked for over 200 years.

riskman
05-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Why do you insist on sticking your nose in on USA business? You have a great country to be proud of and that should be your focal point.

Only the people of the USA will decide the outcome of the next presidential election, that is the way our founding fathers set it up. I see no reason to change what has worked for over 200 years.

Since when do you have to be a U.S. citizen to comment on U.S.politics? How do you know that Rookies or members of his family are or once were U.S. citizens?
Should Rookies be a U.S. citizen to express his opinion on U.S.racing?

benzer
05-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Since when do you have to be a U.S. citizen to comment on U.S.politics? How do you know that Rookies or members of his family are or once were U.S. citizens?

A person can comment on anything they want to comment on. But USA elections can only be decided on by USA citizens. I never said anything about members of Rookies family, you're adding a lot to my comment there.

No one was talking about U.S. racing. That would be in another thread and irrelevant here. While racing may be available to people around the world an election in whatever country is not.

Tom
05-17-2011, 07:36 AM

He is allowed to bet US racing.
Criticizing our politics and our people is just plain rude.

Dahoss9698
05-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Criticizing our politics and our people is just plain rude.

You criticize everyone....everywhere. Practice what you preach.

Tom
05-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Not the same thing.
I don't go on Canadian boards and criticize their systems.
I limit myself to thing I have a stake in.
But you knew that.

Mike at A+
05-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Saw this on Facebook today ...

When people can't explain why they voted Democrat, give them this list:

1] I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2] I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job spending the money I earn than I would.

3] I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4] I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves

5] I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6] I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7] I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

8] I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9] I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10] I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

11] I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

12] I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my a$$; it’s unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

DJofSD
05-17-2011, 05:17 PM
I see you listed them in inverse order.

Dahoss9698
05-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Not the same thing.
I don't go on Canadian boards and criticize their systems.
I limit myself to thing I have a stake in.
But you knew that.

:lol:

Of course it is the same thing and you know it. Own what you are and at least pretend you have an ounce of self awareness.

mostpost
05-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Saw this on Facebook today ...

When people can't explain why they voted Democrat, give them this list:

1] I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2] I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job spending the money I earn than I would.

3] I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4] I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves

5] I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6] I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7] I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

8] I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9] I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10] I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

11] I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

12] I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my a$$; it’s unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

1] A phrase that Hcap used in another thread applies here. False Equivalence. The profits an oil company makes benefits the company, its stock holders and mostly its executives. When we buy that gallon of gas we get nothing for that 4%. When we buy that gallon of gas we get a lot for that 15%. We get roads. We get bridges. We get necessary maintenance on those roads and bridges.

2] I voted Democratic because I understand that there are things which I can not individually supply. Things that are important to the whole of society. Things like roads and schools and fire and police protection. I have never noticed the government telling me how to spend my money. When I went to the store, no one told me I had to buy Keebler when I wanted Chips Ahoy.

3. Freedom of Speech is not absolute. If I think you wear pink ladies underwear my freedom to say so ends if doing so damages you in any way.
(Note: I am certain Mike at A+ does not wear pink ladies underwear-dammed if I know what that color is.)

4] I voted Democratic because so many of the people who own guns are irresponsible. Over 30,000 accidental shootings a year in the United States.

5] I voted Democratic because the polar ice caps are melting away and the Republicans are too stupid to notice.

6] I voted democratic because I am opposed to abortion but don't think I have a right to impose my views on those who sincerely feel differently. I also recognize the hypocrisy of comparing babies to criminals.

7. I voted Democratic because I am opposed to making scapegoats of any group. Also because I don't like false statements such as illegal aliens get Social Security benefits.

8] I voted Democratic because I know that the profits companies make are generated by the workers of that company and the company deserves no profits unless it first takes care of its workers.

9] I voted Democratic because I see how activist Republican judges on the Supreme Court have already violated the Constitution in Bush v. Gore and Citizens United.

10] I voted Democratic because I see that even though we are at an eighteen year high as far as stored oil, prices continue to rise. I also understand that environmental concerns are not about a beetle or gopher, but entire ecosystems.

11] I voted Democratic because I believe the United States is the best country, but I see no need to shoot my mouth off about it. I also realize that citizens of other countries are proud of their country and I don't see the necessity to denigrate them in order to feel good about myself.

12} Does not deserve a response. It is the most stupid of a long and very stupid list.

Last of all, I vote Democratic because I know it is the Democratic Party and not the Democrat Party. I know that anyone who calls it the Democrat party is an idiot.

Tom
05-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Last of all, I vote Democratic because I know it is the Democratic Party and not the Democrat Party. I know that anyone who calls it the Democrat party is an idiot.

Does you leg tingle?
http://www.ihatethemedia.com/chris-matthews-doesnt-want-the-democrat-party-to-be-called-the-democrat-party

newtothegame
05-18-2011, 12:14 AM
1] A phrase that Hcap used in another thread applies here. False Equivalence. The profits an oil company makes benefits the company, its stock holders and mostly its executives. When we buy that gallon of gas we get nothing for that 4%. When we buy that gallon of gas we get a lot for that 15%. We get roads. We get bridges. We get necessary maintenance on those roads and bridges.

Sure you get something for that 4% (and the cost to produce)...its call gasoline.

2] I voted Democratic because I understand that there are things which I can not individually supply. Things that are important to the whole of society. Things like roads and schools and fire and police protection. I have never noticed the government telling me how to spend my money. When I went to the store, no one told me I had to buy Keebler when I wanted Chips Ahoy.

You've never noticed the government telling you how to spend your money???
So what do you call the mandate in the current healthcare legislation???

3. Freedom of Speech is not absolute. If I think you wear pink ladies underwear my freedom to say so ends if doing so damages you in any way.
(Note: I am certain Mike at A+ does not wear pink ladies underwear-dammed if I know what that color is.)
So basically, if anyone say's "I am offended"...you have to just shut up? Whatever happened to the idea of expression? Or does this just apply to speech? Cause I am gonna be honest with you mosty...for all of the people who are "offended" by the term "Merry Christmas", I am just as "Offended" that I have to be politically correct and give up MY beliefs to appease theirs!!

4] I voted Democratic because so many of the people who own guns are irresponsible. Over 30,000 accidental shootings a year in the United States.
I guess places like Australia would be a bad exampple huh? Wonder how many crimes do NOT take place as the perp is worried the owner may have a gun?
Keep in mind mosty...guns do NOT kill people...people kill people.

5] I voted Democratic because the polar ice caps are melting away and the Republicans are too stupid to notice.
There is a reason the global warming thread/ climate change is some many many replies long...its UNPROVEN (meaning I think its more of a cyclical event then a permanent one).

6] I voted democratic because I am opposed to abortion but don't think I have a right to impose my views on those who sincerely feel differently. I also recognize the hypocrisy of comparing babies to criminals.
So you "donty have a right to impose your views on those who feel sincerely different"?? Gewe, I can't tell by how often you argue with us on the right in off topic lol :lol:

7. I voted Democratic because I am opposed to making scapegoats of any group. Also because I don't like false statements such as illegal aliens get Social Security benefits.
Maybe not SS but many other benefits.......

8] I voted Democratic because I know that the profits companies make are generated by the workers of that company and the company deserves no profits unless it first takes care of its workers.

Retread retread.....without the company, there are NO workers. Now you could make the opposite claim, but it boils down to which came first, the chicken or the egg. In this case, the BUSINESS always came first. I do agree that employees should be treated faily though. Difference is we oppose each other on what the term "fair" means. To you, it means ANY profit the company makes is due to its workers therefore the company owes it to the workers. I do NOT and will NOT ever follow that logic as there are many costs a company incurs that employees have no part of. Such as protection from litigation....investment capital, etc etc

9] I voted Democratic because I see how activist Republican judges on the Supreme Court have already violated the Constitution in Bush v. Gore and Citizens United.
So one wrong (even if your opinion) entitles us to just go bezerk and toss out all of it??

10] I voted Democratic because I see that even though we are at an eighteen year high as far as stored oil, prices continue to rise. I also understand that environmental concerns are not about a beetle or gopher, but entire ecosystems.
So, if we are at an 18 year high...and your boy BO is in office, why are we still struggling with gas prices? I thought BO was the savior??
As to environmental concerns, would you like to go through the entire list of things that are not necessarily good for the environment that YOU use DAILY? I believe that makes you a hypocrit.

11] I voted Democratic because I believe the United States is the best country, but I see no need to shoot my mouth off about it. I also realize that citizens of other countries are proud of their country and I don't see the necessity to denigrate them in order to feel good about myself.

12} Does not deserve a response. It is the most stupid of a long and very stupid list.

:rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
05-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Great post, Mostpost! :ThmbUp:

Here's another list that I just wrote up. Correct me where I got it wrong.

1. I voted Republican because I only care about myself and what may affect me and mine today.

2. I voted Republican because I don't want any gun magazines like the one used to shoot Gabrielle Giffords taken off the street. You never know when I am going to need something like that to fight the U.S. military to win my country back.

3. I voted Republican because I believe it is patriotic to thrust my religious beliefs on my fellow Americans. Lucky for you that I know for sure that euthanasia and abortion are not for you.

4. I voted Republican because I don't care if de-regulation of the financial industry did cause a world-wide recession. Remember - Ronnie Reagan said the government is not the solution!

5. I voted Republican because Republicans can be counted on to cut taxes even in times of war.

6. I voted Republican because I believe in the free market capitalistic system even if it means there are no decent jobs or nary an employee benefit to be found across this great country of ours.

7. I voted Republican because I don't care if your mother has to work until she is 85. Social Security has to go and it has to go now. Mom should have thought twice before she let your Pop die 45 years ago.

8. I voted Republican because I might be rich someday and I want to keep as much as I can if that day comes.

9. I voted Republican because I watch FOX News and they are always waving the American flag. And Republicans are always saying "God Bless America". That stuff has got to mean something.

10. I voted Republican because I prefer to believe homosexuality may be a matter of choice. Sure. I'm in denial but if GWB can say it and not get lynched, then I can too.

Greyfox
05-18-2011, 01:35 AM
:lol: :lol: Great posts from both sides of the aisle. :lol: :lol:

bigmack
05-18-2011, 02:08 AM
I voted Republican because I prefer to believe homosexuality may be a matter of choice. Sure. I'm in denial but if GWB can say it and not get lynched, then I can too.
Just astounding the hard & fast rules of some. Wow. I hadn't realized mosty & Smelly were that far gone. Couple a fuddies hangin' with toothpicks sayin', "them folk are bible beltin', gun totin', flag wavin', yahoo's."

Can you say pigeonholers?

Last time I saw jaded views like that, they was called racists.

To be sure; stick in the muds. Remind to never drop a cold one with them.

bigmack
05-18-2011, 02:30 AM
OoopsieDaisy, I done ferget to post one of the greatest campaign moments of all time:

eB8bW4vDaOk

Mike at A+
05-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Speaking of the "origins of homosexuality", the funniest sound bite I ever heard on that was from none other than Archie Bunker during one of his trademark discussions with the Meathead. Maybe someone here who regularly posts YouTube sound bites can find it online but in the meantime, I'll do my best to paraphrase.

Arch and Meathead are discussing "manliness" and it goes something like this:

Arch: This goes back to the Stone Age when a caveman would chase after a woman with his club and after smacking her upside the head he'd have his way with her.

Meathead: Well what about the fat cavemen who were too slow to catch their woman of choice?

Arch: Thems were your first gays!

Mike at A+
05-18-2011, 09:04 AM

1] The profit a private company makes is none of my business. The money I make on my software and services is MY business. Hint: It's a lot more than 4%. As for "roads and bridges", we have something called TOLLS.

2] Earth to mostie: We have roads, bridges, police and firemen during Republican administrations too. Or haven't you noticed?

3] I won't comment on anyone's underwear choices but I seem to recall lots of "freedom of speech" spoken by mainstream media folks misquoting people like Sarah Palin. Of course people like you excused all that under the guise of "entertainment".

4] By your logic, cars and alcohol should be banned too.

5] F**k the polar ice caps. They'll do whatever nature dictates.

6] Abortion is a sticky issue. My thoughts on the topic are that people who don't want to be parents have many choices to prevent pregnancies BEFORE they occur. It all boils down to that term you liberals can't stand to hear, "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY".

7] The problem will illegal aliens is that the kneejerk reaction of liberals is to try and paint Republicans as anti-hispanic when in reality we couldn't care less what nationality an illegal is. Illegal is illegal. Period.

8] Workers enter a contract with employers. They are told up front what their pay will be. They can either accept the terms or go find another job. Some companies also have profit sharing. We are all free to seek jobs that feature the benefits we deem to be important. See [1] "The profit a private company makes is none of my business."

9] Activist judges? No discussion of activist judges is complete without mentioning the 9th. Circuit. But you omitted them and instead revisited an election that was determined by a recount over 10 years ago.

10] Yeah gas prices are rising. But I seem to recall George W. Bush doing a much better job keeping gas prices from getting out of hand. I've always maintained that Obama could cut gas prices in half with one 5 minute speech. Markets are all about attitude.

11] Talk to Obama. He is guilty of blabbing "American exceptionalism" as much as anyone.

12] Of course you don't want to respond. I understand fully. If I had airheads like Nancy Pelosi, Kathleen Sebelius and Barbara Boxer, loudmouth idiots like Howard Dean and Alan Grayson, race baiters like Al Sharpton and the black Congressional Caucus, cartoon characters like Barney Frank, criminals like Charlie Rangel, hypocrites like Elliot Spitzer, sissies like Chuck Schumer, thugs like Richard Trumka, inexperienced lightweights like Barack Obama and clowns like Joe Biden in my corner, I wouldn't be too eager to go there either.

Mike at A+
05-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Speaking of the "origins of homosexuality", the funniest sound bite I ever heard on that was from none other than Archie Bunker during one of his trademark discussions with the Meathead. Maybe someone here who regularly posts YouTube sound bites can find it online but in the meantime, I'll do my best to paraphrase.

Arch and Meathead are discussing "manliness" and it goes something like this:

Arch: This goes back to the Stone Age when a caveman would chase after a woman with his club and after smacking her upside the head he'd have his way with her.

Meathead: Well what about the fat cavemen who were too slow to catch their woman of choice?

Arch: Thems were your first gays!

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjK9OAm6oN8

mostpost
05-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Sure you get something for that 4% (and the cost to produce)...its call gasoline.

You get gasoline for the total you spend for it. Here we are talking about the profit. That stays with the oil company. It does not benefit me. Taxes do.

You've never noticed the government telling you how to spend your money???
So what do you call the mandate in the current healthcare legislation???
That is a valid point, but that is more the government telling me I have to do something, I still have the choice of how to spend my money to do it.

So basically, if anyone say's "I am offended"...you have to just shut up? Whatever happened to the idea of expression? Or does this just apply to speech? Cause I am gonna be honest with you mosty...for all of the people who are "offended" by the term "Merry Christmas", I am just as "Offended" that I have to be politically correct and give up MY beliefs to appease theirs!!
Two different situations here. Calling a gay person a f@g is directly offensive and should not be tolerated. That is a matter of common courtesy. The "Merry Christmas" flap is taking PC to ridiculous extremes. If you know someone is of another faith and they ask you not to say Merry Christmas to them you should respect their wishes. If someone says Happy Hanukah or May Allah be with you to me, I assume that they are wishing me well and don't act like an a$$ about it.

I guess places like Australia would be a bad exampple huh? Wonder how many crimes do NOT take place as the perp is worried the owner may have a gun?

Keep in mind mosty...guns do NOT kill people...people kill people.
Australia would be a bad example because it is a mostly rural, lightly populated country. You have to take two trains and a bus to find somebody to shoot.
A better comparison would be Great Britain or the Scandanavian countries.

There is a reason the global warming thread/ climate change is some many many replies long...its UNPROVEN (meaning I think its more of a cyclical event then a permanent one).
Agree to disagree.

So you "donty have a right to impose your views on those who feel sincerely different"?? Gewe, I can't tell by how often you argue with us on the right in off topic lol
I express my views, I don't impose them. You are free to disagree.

Retread retread.....without the company, there are NO workers. Now you could make the opposite claim, but it boils down to which came first, the chicken or the egg. In this case, the BUSINESS always came first. I do agree that employees should be treated faily though. Difference is we oppose each other on what the term "fair" means. To you, it means ANY profit the company makes is due to its workers therefore the company owes it to the workers. I do NOT and will NOT ever follow that logic as there are many costs a company incurs that employees have no part of. Such as protection from litigation....investment capital, etc etc

First is irrelevant. A company can exist without workers. It just can't produce its product.Workers can exist without the company. They just can't earn a living. They are co-dependent.

I admit to not being a financial genius, but as I understand it profit is what is left after a company takes care of obligations such as protection from litigation, investment capital, etc etc. Before that profit is taken, the workers deserve a fair wage determined by an honest negotiation between equals, not a dictated salary imposed form above.

So one wrong (even if your opinion) entitles us to just go bezerk and toss out all of it??
There is more than one. I cited two but there are many more. My objection is to the right categorizing every decision they don't like as "activist" That is one of those buzz words that they love so much.

Tom
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
There will always be workers - unions do not supply labor.

mostpost
05-18-2011, 01:07 PM
1] The profit a private company makes is none of my business. The money I make on my software and services is MY business. Hint: It's a lot more than 4%. As for "roads and bridges", we have something called TOLLS.
It is our business when that profit is made by underpaying workers, avoiding taxes and ignoring safety standards. TOLLS don't even pay for upkeep of toll roads.
etc.

Airheads like Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and Jan Brewer, loudmouth idiots like Newt Gingrich and Peter King, racists like the teabaggers, cartoon characters like Allen West, criminals like Scooter Libby, hypocrites like John Ensign, sissies like Eric Kantor, thugs like Scott Walker, inexperienced light weights like Sharon Angle and clowns like Rand Paul.

mostpost
05-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Great post, Mostpost! :ThmbUp:

Here's another list that I just wrote up. Correct me where I got it wrong.

1. I voted Republican because I only care about myself and what may affect me and mine today.
etc.
:ThmbUp:

http://www.indyarocks.com/videos/Car-54--Mutual-Admiration-Society-Song-1599206

Mike at A+
05-18-2011, 01:43 PM
mostie said:
It is our business when that profit is made by underpaying workers, avoiding taxes and ignoring safety standards. TOLLS don't even pay for upkeep of toll roads.

Actually it is NOT your business because workers have choice. If they think they are being underpaid they shouldn't be accepting the job offer. An accountant once told me that tax avoidance is legal. Tax evasion is not. Tax avoidance is basically using existing tax laws to one's advantage. Call them loopholes or whatever you wish to call them but they are LEGAL. Tolls are SUPPOSED to pay for upkeep. When I lived in Brooklyn and saw the Verrazano Bridge being built, the initial toll was set at 50 cents. Politicians told us that the toll would be removed once the bridge was paid for. That was 47 years ago. The toll is now $12.00!

It isn't whether we have them, it is that Republican Administrations con't want to pay for them. Or haven't you noticed?

Pure conjecture on your part.

Cars can kill people, but that is not their purpose. Their purpose is transportation. Guns have no purpose but to kill or maim.

Guns have many more purposes than your narrowminded view.

F**k the world. Isn't that what you mean. What incredible selfishness.

Nope, not selfishness. Just an acknowledgement that nature has the final say regardless of how many Chevy Volts you buy.

The 2000 election was not decided by a recount. It was decided because the Supremes stopped a recount.

Gore lost. Get over it. Every recount backs it up. And don't give me any crap about the popular vote. We both know it means nothing. Gore lost. PERIOD.

Mike at A+
05-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Since you're so busy demonizing the oil companies, what do you think of this:

http://www.theusreport.com/the-us-report/2011/5/10/sen-vitter-points-out-sen-reids-gold-double-standard-on-taxe.html

Democrats don’t like Big Oil or Little Oil either. There’s a definite anti-US oil policy pushed by the president and Sen. Harry Reid (Nev.) whose Democrats also control the U.S. Senate.

The federal government, in the words of one offshore towing company owner, shut down the whole Gulf Oil industry in a single day. President Barack Obama then praised Brazil’s oil exploration in the Gulf, after Brazil got a US taxpayer funded loan to drill.

Reid, however, has a double standard and it’s gold. Literally.

Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) responded to a letter circulated by Reid in May. In a formal statement Vitter said Reid claimed in the letter that “increasing taxes on domestic energy producers would be beneficial to the economy and help lower the price of gasoline at the pump.”

You don’t have to be a senator or an oil man to see the idiocy in Reid’s claims.

Ironically while Reid is going after oil, he’s quite satisfied with the sweet tax and regulatory deal gold mining operations enjoy. Why? Because Reid’s home state of Nevada is the fourth largest producer of gold in the world.

Here’s the real rub, reported by International Business Times in January, 2011: “Unlike coal and oil extraction, where mining companies pay royalties for minerals obtained from public land, gold mining companies do not pay any royalties for deposits claimed on federal public lands as mines on public land continue to operate under the General Mining Act of 1872.”

In a statement at his Senate website, Vitter makes a good point about Reid’s double standard: “Over the last two years the price of gold has nearly doubled. In fact, the trend in gold prices is quite similar to the trend in oil prices under this administration. If the only solution you can put forward to create jobs and lower the price of oil is to increase taxes – rather than boost domestic production here at home – then surely your strategy of increasing taxes would have the same effect on those who reap significant profits from Nevada’s gold mines.”

Vitter made it clear he was using the gold industry as a basis for policy comparison rather than a target. He said, “We shouldn’t focus our attention on specific tax credits for specific industries. In fact, we should engage President Obama on his offer to seriously consider lowering our top-ranking corporate tax rate, which would eliminate the need for any industry-specific tax credit.”

No word yet on whether Reid acknowledged the hypocrisy in his party policy when it comes to targeting industries by Democrats.

newtothegame
05-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Question......
Since you believe that when a company makes a profit, it is obligated to take care of its employees through sharing in that profit, would the reverse be true?? I mean if a company has a loss, is the employee obligated to give up their pay to help the company??

"Last Sunday, at a Valero gas station in L.A. a glitch was made in the system – gas that was supposed to be $4.29 per gallon was calculated as $1.10 for premium unleaded. Everyone that pulled up could see that they paid about $20 instead of $60. No one said a thing, and the station owner lost $21,000 in three hours. What would you have done in that situation?"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-character-test-would-you-steal-gas-if-you-could-get-away-with-it/

If I am correct, according to YOUR logic, all the employees need to forfeit their checks till the 21000.00 is repaid....right???

Tom
05-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Question......
Since you believe that when a company makes a profit, it is obligated to take care of its employees through sharing in that profit, would the reverse be true?? I mean if a company has a loss, is the employee obligated to give up their pay to help the company??

No, that is what rich people are for - to make up the difference.

Robert Goren
05-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Question......

"Last Sunday, at a Valera gas station in L.A. a glitch was made in the system – gas that was supposed to be $4.29 per gallon was calculated as $1.10 for premium unleaded. Everyone that pulled up could see that they paid about $20 instead of $60. No one said a thing, and the station owner lost $21,000 in three hours. What would you have done in that situation?"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-character-test-would-you-steal-gas-if-you-could-get-away-with-it/

If I am correct, according to YOUR logic, all the employees need to forfeit their checks till the 21000.00 is repaid....right???No, but the person responsible for the glitch gets fired. Maybe the person who hired him too. I believe in rewarding people who do their jobs and firing those who don't get fired.
This does bring up an interesting moral point. Whenever I hear about something like this, I think of a caller to the Bruce Williams radio show years ago. He had found an error in his bank state. He had about $1500 more than he should. Bruce told him to call the bank. That was not the answer the caller wanted to hear and said so. Bruce said he knew the money was not his and keeping it was stealing. Then the caller hung up. Bruce went on to say he didn't know about the caller, he thought his soul was worth more than $1500. He went to say "Of course you if you had already sold your soul, it didn't matter"

mostpost
05-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Question......

"Last Sunday, at a Valero gas station in L.A. a glitch was made in the system – gas that was supposed to be $4.29 per gallon was calculated as $1.10 for premium unleaded. Everyone that pulled up could see that they paid about $20 instead of $60. No one said a thing, and the station owner lost $21,000 in three hours. What would you have done in that situation?"

If I am correct, according to YOUR logic, all the employees need to forfeit their checks till the 21000.00 is repaid....right???

First the general case of should employees give up their pay to help a company if it is losing money? The real question is are the employees responsible for that loss? If an employee causes a company to lose money through his incompetence or dishonesty he should not be paid less money, he should be fired. If a company is losing money because the owner does not know how to run his business why should the employees pay for his incompetence.?

Now what if the owner is competent, the workers dedicated and hardworking, yet business is bad due to economic times? In this case the parties should decide how to proceed. I mean all the parties. The owner has the right to lay off workers. Before he does so he should approach his workers about temporary pay cuts or furlough days. If I were working in such a situation I would I would accept temporary pay cuts or furlough days to avoid other people being laid off. A couple of caveats; I would have no qualms about laying off anyone who had worked at the company less than a year and I would want a time limit on the cuts and furlough days.

As to your gas station scenario, you can believe this or not, but it is true.
If this happened at the gas station I frequent, I would inform the owner.
To do otherwise would be stealing.

mostpost
05-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Sunday, at a Valero gas station in L.A. a glitch was made in the system – gas that was supposed to be $4.29 per gallon was calculated as $1.10 for premium unleaded. Everyone that pulled up could see that they paid about $20 instead of $60. No one said a thing, and the station owner lost $21,000 in three hours. What would you have done in that situation?"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/bec...t-away-with-it/

I just went back and read the story from the Blaze. The accompanying poll says that 67% of the respondents would have informed the owner. But none of the over 300 drivers who bought gas that morning did. Either the poll respondents are lying or the area around the station is populated by a lot of dishonest people.

Then there was this blog.
http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2011/05/valero_gas_station_in_wilmington_sells_gas_for_110 _a_gallon.php

The writer, Simone Walker, thinks this was the greatest thing ever. She is probably also in favor of bank robbery and looting after a natural disaster. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DJofSD
05-19-2011, 02:57 PM
While no one is exactly Marius (prisoner 24601), mosty is certainly Jean Valjean.

Tom
05-19-2011, 03:21 PM
What unmitigated gall you have to assume your have a right to the fruits of someone's else's investment! The profits are the rewards for taking on the risks - which you sure as hell do not share.

What a selfish, lazy attitude you have. I see now why employers used to beat their employees - maybe we try that out again! You sound like a leech to me.

mostpost
05-19-2011, 03:45 PM
What unmitigated gall you have to assume your have a right to the fruits of someone's else's investment! The profits are the rewards for taking on the risks - which you sure as hell do not share.

What a selfish, lazy attitude you have. I see now why employers used to beat their employees - maybe we try that out again! You sound like a leech to me.

What unmitigated gall you have to assume the right to the fruits of someone else's labor!! Risks don't create rewards. If they did we could all become rich by skydiving. :bang: :bang:

mostpost
05-19-2011, 04:13 PM
While no one is exactly Marius (prisoner 24601), mosty is certainly Jean Valjean.
Explain. :confused: :confused: :confused:

DJofSD
05-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Have you read "Les Miserables" or seen the broadway product?

newtothegame
05-19-2011, 04:35 PM
What unmitigated gall you have to assume the right to the fruits of someone else's labor!! Risks don't create rewards. If they did we could all become rich by skydiving. :bang: :bang:

There can be NO reward without the risk though.......
Or you could join your fellow american :faint: in detroit and play the lottery, WIN, AND collect food stamps!

mostpost
05-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Have you read "Les Miserables" or seen the broadway product?
I haven't read the book. I did not see the Broadway musical, but I have seen a number of specials on public TV. I am familiar with the show and with the character of Jean Valjean. From what I know of Jean Valjean your comment was a compliment. But that can't be. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tom
05-19-2011, 06:39 PM
What unmitigated gall you have to assume the right to the fruits of someone else's labor!!

It is called a job - you decide if the pay is acceptable then agree to do your best.

End of frigging story. You have NO RIGHTS to anything more.