PDA

View Full Version : another messed up chart (Ark derby)

JPinMaryland
05-14-2011, 11:53 PM
I dont want to sound like continued Nehro bashing because he has talent, but apparently they messed up his position on the back stretch/turn at the AK derby. This is more like just continuing to make note of bad chart calls...

http://blog.twinspires.com/2011/05/nehro-you-cant-believe-everything-you.html

cj
05-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Like I commented there, the rush to get charts printed is a joke. Nobody needs them 15 minutes after the race. Use video, take time, and get them right. If errors like this are made for a major G1 race, imagine what happens for a 5k NW2LT claimer at Evangeline Downs!

JPinMaryland
05-15-2011, 02:55 PM
I know and Nehro is a pretty key horse for the TC; as handicappers need to compare his AK dby to dance city and sway away the preakness.

Tom
05-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I can see missing a horse an mixing two up. Iy happens.

But, apparently, Quality Control doesn't.
No excuse for his - none at all.

classhandicapper
05-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately, until all this stuff is automated we are going to be stuck with the occasional manual inaccuraces.

Getting the lengths wrong seems more forgivable bgecause it's really hard to tell sometimes even if you make a huge effort to do so . Mixing up the horses is a little less forgivable even though that can be tough sometimes also in large fields when horses are off camera briefly etc..

It's up to the sharpest race watchers to notify the DRF if they spot an error. Or, they can use their insights to their gambling advantage later.:D