PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

sonnyp
05-14-2011, 11:31 PM
tonight, when informed he would be batting 9th in the line up, jorge posada informed yankee manager joe girardi that he was being "disrespected" and refused to play against the red sox.

$$$$$ amounts in pro sports get thrown about and sometimes you loose perspective of what it amounts to.

posada has a $13 mil. contract. that means each and every BASEBALL GAME on jorge's schedule brings him $72,000. BASEBALL....9 INNINGS.....BASEBALL !!!!!

he's being disrespected ????

we all should be disrespected like this.

WOW !!!!

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Ummm...that's not the story that is being told. That "disrespected" part was mere speculation on the part of reporters...that's not what Jorge said.

Of course, we're all free to draw our own conclusions, but I'm simply clearing up your misstatement of fact.

sonnyp
05-14-2011, 11:48 PM
my "misstatement" is based on what's on ESPN.com as this is being typed.

i certainly didn't hear the conversation, but that is what is being reported.

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Here's what they wrote: "A source with knowledge of the situation told ESPNNewYork.com that Posada felt "disrespected" about being bumped to the ninth spot in the lineup. He then told Girardi he couldn't play at that point in the order."

The truth is Posada and Girardi didn't say anything of the sort went down.

Of course, they were doing damage control publicly, although it was interesting that Posada chastised GM Brian Cashman for talking to FOX during the game, something I found very surprising and telling at the same time...Posada would be the last guy that I would expect to be calling out Cashman like that in a post-game press conference, but there he was...

I also found it interesting that the longer the press conference in front of his locker went on, the more crimson Posada's ears became...a definite tell... :lol:

However, I'm sure the truth is much closer to your version and this mysterious "source."

The Yankees are in a bit of a mess at the moment...

sonnyp
05-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Here's what they wrote: "A source with knowledge of the situation told ESPNNewYork.com that Posada felt "disrespected" about being bumped to the ninth spot in the lineup. He then told Girardi he couldn't play at that point in the order."

The truth is Posada and Girardi didn't say anything of the sort went down.

Of course, they were doing damage control publicly, although it was interesting that Posada chastised GM Brian Cashman for talking to FOX during the game, something I found very surprising and telling at the same time...Posada would be the last guy that I would expect to be calling out Cashman like that in a post-game press conference, but there he was...

I also found it interesting that the longer the press conference in front of his locker went on, the more crimson Posada's ears became...a definite tell... :lol:

However, I'm sure the truth is much closer to your version and this mysterious "source."

The Yankees are in a bit of a mess at the moment...

"my version" is what's being reported on ESPN.COM

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2011, 12:08 AM
That's not what you posted in your original post. Your original post made it seem as fact that this is exactly what Posada said. Then you go on to bash the guy about the money he makes, when in fact, Posada was never quoted as saying any such thing...

All in all, not worth arguing anymore...

thaskalos
05-15-2011, 12:32 AM
tonight, when informed he would be batting 9th in the line up, jorge posada informed yankee manager joe girardi that he was being "disrespected" and refused to play against the red sox.

$$$$$ amounts in pro sports get thrown about and sometimes you loose perspective of what it amounts to.

posada has a $13 mil. contract. that means each and every BASEBALL GAME on jorge's schedule brings him $72,000. BASEBALL....9 INNINGS.....BASEBALL !!!!!

he's being disrespected ????

we all should be disrespected like this.

WOW !!!!
Disrespected?

Batting .165 and still in the lineup? That spells r-e-s-p-e-c-t in MY book...

lamboguy
05-15-2011, 09:11 AM
the only thing that i can derive from this is that we live in a crazy world and gold is still going to $1600.

Robert Goren
05-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Sitting for a few games can only help this guy, no matter whose idea it is, or whether it is an injury or not that causing the slump. Aging stars always feel disrespected when managers start treating them like their numbers show they should. In NY, it is national news, every place else it is a local story.

sonnyp
05-16-2011, 03:48 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/15/SPAG1JGJPS.DTL

Hanover1
05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Bench the crumb, then unload him asap......

onefast99
05-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Sitting for a few games can only help this guy, no matter whose idea it is, or whether it is an injury or not that causing the slump. Aging stars always feel disrespected when managers start treating them like their numbers show they should. In NY, it is national news, every place else it is a local story.
They substituted Andew Jones for Jorge, Jones cracked a homer and Posada was the first to greet him. The Yankees are starting to show wear and tear and we are only 25% through the season. Boston looks very tough even with a very iffy defensive player like Youkilis on third. Tampa Bay still has some good young players who are all hitting above their average. The Yankees need some sort of a line-up change to spark this team before they find themselves in a deep hole.

Bettowin
05-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Hip Hip Jorge!!

Still like that commercial:)

Dahoss9698
05-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Boston looks very tough even with a very iffy defensive player like Youkilis on third.

Youkilis is an iffy defensive player? He won a gold glove a few years back and set the record for most consecutive errorless games at 1st base in 2008. I'll give you that he's a better 1st baseman than he is at 3rd, but I don't think he's an iffy defensive player at all.

RaceBookJoe
05-16-2011, 06:23 PM
The "Posadapocalypse" rbj

sonnyp
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Hip Hip Jorge!!

Still like that commercial:)

how about the one where his dad calls the dugout during the game to give him tips on his hitting cause he watches every game from florida on direct tv.

he better get hi-def.

cj's dad
05-16-2011, 08:39 PM
As a lifelong Orioles fan, one who sat on his fathers shoulders watching the parade thru downtown Baltimore of the 1954 O's team, I can say that I bleed O's orange.

I do however root for the Yanks if the O's can't win. The reason ? the Yankee players are beyond reproach; no issues on or off the field. 27 trophies- class act- etc..

Go O's and if not - go Yankees

DRIVEWAY
05-16-2011, 11:25 PM
As a lifelong Orioles fan, one who sat on his fathers shoulders watching the parade thru downtown Baltimore of the 1954 O's team, I can say that I bleed O's orange.

I do however root for the Yanks if the O's can't win. The reason ? the Yankee players are beyond reproach; no issues on or off the field. 27 trophies- class act- etc..

Is Roger Clemens one of those players?

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Is Roger Clemens one of those players?Roger didn't start "experimenting" as a Yankee. He came to us that way... :lol:

DRIVEWAY
05-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Roger didn't start "experimenting" as a Yankee. He came to us that way... :lol:

Did you hear that joke from Alex Rodriguez?

cj's dad
05-17-2011, 01:24 PM
I was referring to the current team. Last I checked, RC was retired and besides the steroid allegations came out after he was a Yankee if I remember correctly.

Is Roger Clemens one of those players?

DRIVEWAY
05-17-2011, 01:50 PM
I was referring to the current team. Last I checked, RC was retired and besides the steroid allegations came out after he was a Yankee if I remember correctly.

It sure sounded like you rooted for the Orioles or Yankees since 1954. What about current team player Alex Rodriquez? Didn't the Yankees resign him after he admitted that he took steroids. Didn't the Yankees resign "The Ageless" Clemens for a second time when speculation was rampant that he was a juicer.

The Yankees past or present are not beyond reproach. The Yankees will do anything to win a championship. Spend any amount of money or look the other way when necessary.

OTM Al
05-17-2011, 01:58 PM

They also happen to be the original American League version of the Baltimore Orioles (1901-1902, managed initially by John McGraw) that were able to move in after the original NL Orioles were contracted in 1900. The owner of the Giants had blocked them being in New York, but they were able to finally move there after the AL and NL made peace in 1903.