PDA

View Full Version : Matt Corothers nails the .50 super high 5

Zippy Chippy
05-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Do you guys think he actually plays it? That was pretty unbelievable for anyone that is watching. 8-1 shot on top..

His ticket was a buck .50 1/6/5/9/710

Light
05-14-2011, 10:41 PM
He seemed too nonchalant about it to have actually played it. I doubt the TVG dudes play very many of their own tickets.They'd go broke.

feelup1963
05-14-2011, 10:55 PM
i dont kind they actually play their ticket/s. not until i see proof of actual ticket/s. they are just touts :bang:

cj
05-14-2011, 11:00 PM
If any of them actually bet them, it would be Matt.

Storm Cadet
05-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Just saw on Matt's Facebook page that he did not place the bet on his selections today! :bang:

toetoe
05-15-2011, 02:44 AM
$1 bet pays $3,000 or so. That's not quite six times the stupidfecta payout with a 36/1 shot in fifth. Pools are just too small, I submit. Also, how much harder is it, the farther down you go in the -fecta ? Hexafecta, septafecta, octafecta, hannibalecta ? Sheesh.

Southieboy
05-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Just saw on Matt's Facebook page that he did not place the bet on his selections today! :bang:

No wonder it hit! ;)

Stillriledup
05-15-2011, 05:41 AM
The irony of it all is that for all the thousands of dollars that TVG hosts have recommended over the years, economy plays, deep pockets plays, this play wins.....for one buck. All the 96 dollar bets, the 112 dollar bets and the 48 dollar bets, the 1 dollar bet wins. And, its given out verbally, at the last second......where as all these other structured plays, put up there in shining graphics with their smiling nodding hosts. Too funny.

llegend39
05-15-2011, 06:46 AM
If any of them actually bet them, it would be Matt.

Matt does play his tickets and he states when he doesnt If you watch 58 Flat he actually goes in to his TVG account during that hour and makes win bets and is keeping track of his ROI. We all know Todd plays his tickets because he is ALWAYS BROKE!

GARY Z
05-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Aside from these "picks" being bets or mind bets, my question is
the salaries paid to these commentators.

HRTV had a lttle fun on picking winners, having a pig that ran
towards a bunch of tennis balls all numbered with the post positions
of several races.The pig picked a ball, returned to its master
several minutes before post time of each race.

The pig actually picked several winners, and I'm sure his salary
is lower than the commentators on both stations, and at this point
his ROI is superior. :eek:

Canarsie
05-15-2011, 08:36 AM
I can't stand 58 flat even my Belmont plays are drastically reduced because I can't get the feed from NJBets. To me when a guy laughs at his own jokes that is truly pathetic. I do like him when he works with others and the "clown" show stops.

Having said that it takes a BIG MAN to admit he didn't have the ticket. I know lots of people who would have claimed they did. Seriously I'm sure you guys and gals know lots of people who would have said they hit when they didn't. Kudos to him BIG TIME.

I once had a friend growing up who had quite a way with the ladies. To his (mhrip) credit when asked "did you have sex"?, he always answered honestly when he could have had bragging rights.

One thing I never do is root against someone even if it's Todd Shrupp whom I really can't stand. I consider it BAD KARMA to do such a thing it will come back and bite you in the ass.

Fingal
05-16-2011, 02:03 AM
Matt does play his tickets and he states when he doesnt If you watch 58 Flat he actually goes in to his TVG account during that hour and makes win bets and is keeping track of his ROI. We all know Todd plays his tickets because he is ALWAYS BROKE!

Last year at Del Mar on :58 flat Matt showed his tickets to the camera.