PDA

View Full Version : What comes after Tampa Bay

windoor
05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Some time ago I asked for some tracks that play similar to Philly, and Tampa Bay was one of tracks suggested.

After a quick study, I picked up on it and have done quite well with it.
A big thanks to whoever it was.

Where are these horses racing now that Tampa is done with its meet?
A quick search yielded nothing.

Regards,

Windoor.

Mineshaft
05-14-2011, 05:41 PM
You looking for the quality of horses or a particular track surface or the way a track plays?

sonnyp
05-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Some time ago I asked for some tracks that play similar to Philly, and Tampa Bay was one of tracks suggested.

Regards,

Windoor.

im not qualified to comment on how the tracks play, but the trainers head north. the mid atlantic tracks monmouth, maryland and i saw a post that delaware was attracting a bunch. i'd think finger lakes gets its share also.

windoor
05-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I would think all three.

In Maryland, (back in the day) the horses just moved down the road from Laurel to Bowie to Pimlico and a short meet at Timonium. Haven't played there in years.

Not true with Tampa apparently.

I tend to do better with Claimers in the 5 to 25K range. Not too cheap such as Charlestown and Pen nat'l. Though I may revisit these tracks after I get my database up and running. No speed bias tracks. Hated Pimlico for this reason.

Played Delaware last year with mixed results. Think I'll pass this year.

Regards,

Windoor

Bennie
05-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Some will stay in Florida and head over to Calder, others head Maryland, Philly, Monmouth, Delaware areas but Jamie Ness likes to go to Presque Isle which is opening up. I think he finds the artificial track there keeps his horses conditioned for the deeper track at Tampa when he migrates back South. Daniel Centeno and a few other jocks usually make the trip also. Of course, Centeno was Ness's go to guy so I think he followed Ness there. Been waiting for Centeno to return from injury and waiting to see if Villa-Gomez or Gonclaves go to take Ness mounts.

Mineshaft
05-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I would think all three.

In Maryland, (back in the day) the horses just moved down the road from Laurel to Bowie to Pimlico and a short meet at Timonium. Haven't played there in years.

Not true with Tampa apparently.

I tend to do better with Claimers in the 5 to 25K range. Not too cheap such as Charlestown and Pen nat'l. Though I may revisit these tracks after I get my database up and running. No speed bias tracks. Hated Pimlico for this reason.

Played Delaware last year with mixed results. Think I'll pass this year.

Regards,

Windoor

Lone Star and Churchill will probably mirror Tampa in terms of quality with Churchill being better quality horses than either Tampa or Lone Star

raybo
05-14-2011, 11:10 PM

Regards,

Windoor.

You might check some older PPs to see where these horse went when they left TB last year.

toussaud
05-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Lone Star and Churchill will probably mirror Tampa in terms of quality with Churchill being better quality horses than either Tampa or Lone Star
churchill and tampa bay downs, for all of 3 days of the meet (oaks, derby, stephen foster day)" is basically tampa bay west

lone star park is a long way down. long star park is probably on the same level as pimlico right now. not even sure that high. it's pretty bad down there.

JohnGalt1
05-15-2011, 08:30 AM
A few show up at Canterbury Park, too.

Robert Goren
05-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Most of the Tampa horses end up at Calder. If you looking for something like Tampa then look there, at CD(although they had trouble with short fields last year), Ohio summer tracks and Indiana Downs. Louisiana Downs might be worth a look too. The level 2 and 3 east coast tracks look like they are going be scrambling for horses this summer.

Mineshaft
05-15-2011, 02:07 PM
there are short fields everywhere on the East Coast

RichieP
05-15-2011, 04:28 PM
there are short fields everywhere on the East Coast

With Evangeline being a notable exception! :) These Cajun's rock man :jump:

raybo
05-15-2011, 04:39 PM
With Evangeline being a notable exception! :) These Cajun's rock man :jump:

Absolutely! I love EvD. And yes, you can definitely make money wagering there. But, you gotta think outside the box a little more than most tracks.

appistappis
05-15-2011, 11:40 PM
a lot of the tampa lower horses end up at suffolk.

judd
05-16-2011, 05:19 AM
after tampa comes sarasota :D

eastie
05-16-2011, 10:46 AM
after Tampa comes the nursing home....for many

Valuist
05-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I see a decent number of Tampa ship ins at Arlington but I would have to think the solid majority head to Calder.

Maybe some will go to Georgia IF that state gets racing. Speaking of which, do we really need another state with racing? Seems like we need a few tracks to close.