PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Curatolo-bug boy

PhantomOnTour
05-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Doin' what a bug boy should....getting his lightweight mounts on or near the lead and playing ball.
Winning at 18% for the Bel meet so far and hitting the board with prices.
Ran 2nd at 60-1 and 7-1 today so far.

Linny
05-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Doin' what a bug boy should....getting his lightweight mounts on or near the lead and playing ball.
Winning at 18% for the Bel meet so far and hitting the board with prices.
Ran 2nd at 60-1 and 7-1 today so far.

He rode well at GP, getting some live mounts for Biancone. He was on Bowman's Causeway for his maiden win. He has a decent sense of pace so he can close a bit too.

mannyberrios
05-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Where is he from?

CryingForTheHorses
05-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Ryan is from france.He spent last summer here at Calder getting his papers straightened out.He rode a couple for me with a win and a 3rd.He is going to be a very good rider and reminds me of Jean Luc Syamn.He watches films everyday and studies the form before each race he rides.I am told he is under contract to Fly Zee stable.Smart kid and tries to do right.Horses seem to run for him.I predict he will go far.

PhantomOnTour
05-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Ryan is from france.He spent last summer here at Calder getting his papers straightened out.He rode a couple for me with a win and a 3rd.He is going to be a very good rider and reminds me of Jean Luc Syamn.He watches films everyday and studies the form before each race he rides.I am told he is under contract to Fly Zee stable.Smart kid and tries to do right.Horses seem to run for him.I predict he will go far.
Yes...seems to ride for Serpe all the time and he's got a bunch of Flying Zee horses. Carlos Martin too.
I like this kid.

the little guy
05-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Yes...seems to ride for Serpe all the time and he's got a bunch of Flying Zee horses. Carlos Martin too.
I like this kid.

There's a specific reason for this.

PhantomOnTour
05-15-2011, 11:42 AM
The above mentioned 60-1 2nd place horse came in behind Forty Prayers, whom you(TLG) touted on the show with J Blewitt...did you hit that ex or tri?
Nice call going against Iguazu.

PhantomOnTour
05-15-2011, 03:00 PM
He strikes at 5-1...wire to wire

PhantomOnTour
07-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Curatolo is named on a few tomorrow at Saratoga :ThmbUp:
Hope he comes back riding the way he left.

Dexter M
07-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Curatolo is named on a few tomorrow at Saratoga :ThmbUp:
Hope he comes back riding the way he left.

hes actually ridden a few for patrick biancone at monmouth recently.

Valuist
12-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Curatolo's ride on Downtowncandybrown today was nothing short of puzzling. The horse broke exceptionally well, had a length and a half to 2 length lead 100 yards out of the gate. Then he proceeds to rate the horse out of the race. What in the hell is he thinking?

lamboguy
12-17-2011, 03:59 PM
ryan curatola has contract with flying Z stable as first call rider.

BUD
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
He seems to give a nice ride.Good To See A New Kid Making A Name.

cj
12-20-2011, 10:36 AM
He may have looked good in May, but he doesn't look very good at all right now.

Linny
12-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Ryan has done well for a 5lb bug. He won a decent # of races at Saratoga even though he missed 1/2 the meet with an injury. I'm not sure what his status is regarding Flying Zee as they are dispersing much of there stock with the passing of Carl Lizza, who had spotted Ryan down in Florida last winter.

All bugs make mistakes, thats why they get the weight break. I was mystified by why he took that horse back, but this isn't the first jock to remind we why we call them pinheads. Going back to the start of AQU (main track) he's won 26 races and has been riding at Parx on dark days which shows and interest in working on his skills rather than taking 2 days off a week.
One indicator that trainers like him is that he's gottten mounts in sakes where he gets no weight allowance.

classhandicapper
12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Curatolo's ride on Downtowncandybrown today was nothing short of puzzling. The horse broke exceptionally well, had a length and a half to 2 length lead 100 yards out of the gate. Then he proceeds to rate the horse out of the race. What in the hell is he thinking?

Yea, that was the kind of ride that can create a permanent bias in your thinking about someone.

BUD
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Never Listen to me When I say A Jock is Good.

I get a winner or 2 and I get biased the other Way.

CJ I am red know, Darn I DID see that race.:bang:

Sorry Mates Carry on

PhantomOnTour
06-25-2012, 05:00 PM
I see Curatolo is having a tough year - only 7% wins from 208 mounts - and only one winner so far at the Mth meet

Good thing he's not riding in NY anymore - he wouldn't sniff 7%
Anyway, I like the kid - hope he gets back on track

lamboguy
06-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Ryan no longer has his bug, no longer has a contract with Flying Z, and most important no longer has his agent Bob Klesaris.

those combined combinations adds up to 7% win.

Dahoss9698
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Ryan no longer has his bug, no longer has a contract with Flying Z, and most important no longer has his agent Bob Klesaris.

those combined combinations adds up to 7% win.

His poor riding didn't help either.