PDA

View Full Version : 10¢ - 50¢ Exotic Wagers

Ray2000
05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Of the 3 Pennsylvania Harness Tracks, only The Meadows has lowered its minimum Superfecta to 50¢ on wheels and boxing, (Last Month I think)

I thought I'd put up this chart in hopes that members here might show me where I have made mistakes. Also I don't have any info on the Canadian Tracks and I have it in the back of my mind, that even if 10¢ or 50¢ bets are offered there, none of my ADWs will let me bet it.

Almost all tracks have a Pic3 and/or Pic4 so I only listed special cases.
Any additions/corrections would be appreciated.

Tri Super Pic3 Pic4 Other
BMLP 50¢ 10¢ - - 50¢ pick5 10¢ Hi5
BR - 10¢ - 50¢ - -
CALX - 10¢ Rolling - - -
CHST - - - - - -
FHLD - 10¢ - - 50¢ pick5
HAR - 10¢ - - - -
HOP 50¢ 10¢ Rolling
HP 50¢ 10¢
LEB - 10¢
BigM - 10¢ Rolling Pick6
MAY 50¢ - - - 50¢ pick5 10¢ Hi5
MEA - 50¢ - - - -
MR - - 50¢ Rolling
NFLD 10¢ 1$Pick5
PCD - - - - - -
PPK - 10¢
RP - 50¢
SCAR - - - - - -
SCD 50¢ 10¢
STGA - - - - - -
TGDN 50¢ 10¢
VD 50¢ 10¢
YR - - - - - -

trying2win
05-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Ray:

Thanks for the info, but I personally would never bet on any Pennsylvania harness tracks on gimmick bets with their 30 % and higher takouts on many 4 or higher horse gimmick bets. Do you know the reason for that kind of outrageous takeout? Is it a track management decision, or is the takeout rate dictated by overpaid, underachieving Neanderthal politicians at the Pennsylvania state government?

Whoever is the guilty one for the outrageous 30% takeouts, should be lobbyed by the harness fans to lower those ridiculous track takeouts. Plus, bettors should lobby their Federal counterparts to repeal the 'signer' takeout as well. When one adds the extra form of takeout of the 'signer' winning bets on top of those 30 % takeout gimmicks, you have a double insult to the beleaugered bettors.

I know, I know...Canadians can be smug about not having to pay extra tax on those 'signer-type' payouts. :D

Good luck at the races!

T2W

baconswitchfarm
05-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Americans can not bet the .20 bets that are offered in Canada. They are not allowed to bet our .10 plays here.

trying2win
05-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Americans can not bet the .20 bets that are offered in Canada. They are not allowed to bet our .10 plays here.

Baconswitchfarm:

Not quite true! One of my betting accounts is at PREMIER TURF CLUB. I can make 10 cent bets that are offered there if I want.:)

T2W

Ray2000
05-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys

Poco was the worst but they did lower the Exotic takeouts to 25%... Still pretty bad

Chester..... WPS 17% DD Ex 20% Tri 30% Sup 32% P3 26% P4 15%
The Meadows. WPS 17% DD Ex 20% Tri 29% All Other Bets 29% ??
Pocono...... WPS 19% DD Ex 20% Triactors and Supers 25%

Actually I'm not moving towards betting those "Dimers", just interested in compiling a ROI "paper" return on Supers and Pic(X) bets. But I get frustrated trying to get the base ticket price on reported results. USTA charts are confusing when it comes to using the Mutuel Prices for tris and supers, and parsing out the Canadian Chart results for computer input, is also a time consuming ordeal.:confused:

Roghaltz
05-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi Ray
STGA offers $0.50 Tris and Pick 3's (2 per card) and Pick 4's (one per card) and dime supers

Best
Ezra

DeanT
05-14-2011, 10:18 AM
The Horseplayers Association wants to do a track rating sheet for harness, like the tbred one, with takeouts, handles, bet types etc.

If anyone wants to help, it is sorely needed! I think it would be a good resource for players, which would be well-used.

RaceTrackDaddy
05-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks guys

Poco was the worst but they did lower the Exotic takeouts to 25%... Still pretty bad

Chester..... WPS 17% DD Ex 20% Tri 30% Sup 32% P3 26% P4 15%
The Meadows. WPS 17% DD Ex 20% Tri 29% All Other Bets 29% ??
Pocono...... WPS 19% DD Ex 20% Triactors and Supers 25%

Actually I'm not moving towards betting those "Dimers", just interested in compiling a ROI "paper" return on Supers and Pic(X) bets. But I get frustrated trying to get the base ticket price on reported results. USTA charts are confusing when it comes to using the Mutuel Prices for tris and supers, and parsing out the Canadian Chart results for computer input, is also a time consuming ordeal.:confused:

The Meadows has a Pick-4 at 20 percent rate with a guarentee pool of $5k each Monday and Tuesday matinee card. The wager is also one of those carryover pools in that when no one connects, they pay out 20 percent of the pool wagered and carryover the balance to the next available racecard.

Ray2000
05-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Thx to Ezra and Bobby Z. I'll add that info to my files.

Dean

If you need any info for that HANA chart that I might have, let me know. In addition to the Fan Track ratings, Takeouts, Wager Types, Handles and Track website links... I would like to see PP stats, Speed Ratings of some sort, USTA links to their track info sheets. ......BIG JOB. Hope you guys get around to it someday.