PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Travel Pick?

strapper
05-13-2011, 10:58 AM
If you could pick one country overseas to travel to for holiday which one would it be? I'm between England and Austrlia, with New Zealand 3rd. Doubt if I ever go, but it's nice to dream. Still plenty of places in the good ol' USA I haven't seen, that's for sure. :)

cj's dad
05-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Ireland- beautiful and friendly

Tom
05-13-2011, 11:47 AM
New Jersey.

Let's Roll
05-13-2011, 12:00 PM
I always wanted to visit Germany, since my favorite musicians come from there. Thought about Australia too, looking to fish for big game, like marlin.

sandpit
05-13-2011, 11:31 PM
New Zealand: Incredibly beautiful and you can hike and camp anywhere and not worry about a grizzly, cougar, cheetah or anything ripping you to shreds.

Mongolia: the vast openness and power of the ancient culture has always been attractive to me.

GameTheory
05-14-2011, 12:06 AM
New Zealand: Incredibly beautiful and you can hike and camp anywhere and not worry about a grizzly, cougar, cheetah or anything ripping you to shreds.Obviously you haven't seen "Black Sheep".

PHMyVljAP_A

NJ Stinks
05-14-2011, 12:08 AM
New Jersey.

There's no call for that! :mad:

;)

I suggest England or France, Strapper. Or both. I'm sure Australia and New Zealand would be awesome too but racecourses may be further apart. :cool:

BlueShoe
05-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Incredibly beautiful and you can hike and camp anywhere and not worry about a grizzly, cougar, cheetah or anything ripping you to shreds.
Would very much enjoy observing such wildlife. Before even considering foreign travel there are too many places in the USA that I have yet to see. Spending a week hiking the backcountry of Yellowstone, for example, viewing its abundant wildlife, and yes, perhaps spotting a grizzly or a pack of wolves.

JustRalph
05-14-2011, 01:54 AM
Mexico

Hell, I can see it with about a 12 minute drive from my house........but it's just not the same............. :bang:

toetoe
05-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Cartagena, Colombia. :jump:

Dick Schmidt
05-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Well, to give you a serious reply, it depends on what you are looking for. New Zealand is beautiful but quiet and a bit dull. If you aren't into looking at vistas all day, rent Lord of the Rings. Australia is big, wild and has very few people. Has jungles and deserts. Lots of deserts. However once you get over the wildlife it is similar to the U.S. Nothing very old and you need an airplane to get around unless you think the drive between LA and Las Vegas is scenic. Great Britain is also very pretty but with a massive dose of history.

The house we lived in when we were in London had two kinds of bricks. I thought it was just sloppy work. Nope, bomb damage from WWII. The main road from our part of town was laid out by the Romans and ran straight up to Hadrian's Wall. The Tower of London was started by William the Conqueror about 1080. Stopped for tea in a tiny little cottage near Stonehenge and found it was built in 950. The owner pointed us to "the old graveyard down the road." Just how old does a church graveyard have to be to have someone who owns a 1000 year old house call it old.

Of the three, I liked England the best, but then I'm a history buff. My son really liked New Zealand and diving the Great Barrier Reef is unbelievable. Decide what you want and go there first, then the other two. Have fun.

Dick

sandpit
05-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Would very much enjoy observing such wildlife. Before even considering foreign travel there are too many places in the USA that I have yet to see. Spending a week hiking the backcountry of Yellowstone, for example, viewing its abundant wildlife, and yes, perhaps spotting a grizzly or a pack of wolves.

I love seeing wildlife here and have been lucky to see plenty of it in the western US and Alaska.

The original question was about going overseas, so I didn't include the U.S. But I agree, there's plenty to see in this country.

Scanman
05-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Depends on the purpose of your trip, this is where I can help:

Racing: France (if you can manage speaking even a little French) Top to bottom the best racing experience. If the langauage is an issue, then the UK or Ireland. The tracks are more closely geographically located and there great variety in the racecourses. If it's racing, PM me before you set up your itinerary. I may be of some help.

Beer: Belgium.

History: Military - France; Art - Italy

Religion/Christianity: Italy

Golf: Scotland or Ireland

Have a great trip whatever you decide.

sonnyp
05-16-2011, 07:01 PM
before i got a "new" knee i loved to fis rivers and streams for trout. i think i've lost my chance but i would love to have tried:

new zealand
patagonia, chile

not foreign but,

katmai penninsula, alaska (rivers flowing into lake illiamna)

Tom
05-16-2011, 09:25 PM
There's no call for that! images/UBGX/E18.gif

Heh, heh, heh.....alright. California then.

DJofSD
05-16-2011, 10:30 PM
England. I understand the hunting is very good -- at least that's what I've been told. Watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg) for highlights of the ancient art of rabbit hunting.