PDA

View Full Version : Question on MULTICAPS file extension

trying2win
05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Something strange is going on with the MULTICAPS data files from BRIS lately. In order to make the data files work in several of my handicappng programs, I used to first unzip the file, then change the .MCP file extension to .DRF

Lately, when I unzip a MULTICAPS data file, the .MCP extension is missing, and I don't know how to change the .MCP file to a .DRF file now. :confused:

One thing I discovered lately though (that I didn't realize before) is that the .MCP data file will work on most of my handicapping programs, without having to alterate it to a .DRF designation. Unfortunately, I have the odd handicapping program that only works with the .DRF extension.

I realize I could spend extra money on purchasing the single data files from BRIS, but I don't want to go that extra expense while on the MULTFCAPS unlimited discount program at present.

Can anyone help me solve this MULTICAPS data problem. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

T2W

GameTheory
05-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Something strange is going on with the MULTICAPS data files from BRIS lately. In order to make the data files work in several of my handicappng programs, I used to first unzip the file, then change the .MCP file extension to .DRF

Lately, when I unzip a MULTICAPS data file, the .MCP extension is missing, and I don't know how to change the .MCP file to a .DRF file now. :confused:

One thing I discovered lately though (that I didn't realize before) is that the .MCP data file will work on most of my handicapping programs, without having to alterate it to a .DRF designation. Unfortunately, I have the odd handicapping program that only works with the .DRF extension.

I realize I could spend extra money on purchasing the single data files from BRIS, but I don't want to go that extra expense while on the MULTFCAPS unlimited discount program at present.

Can anyone help me solve this MULTICAPS data problem. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

T2WIf the extension is missing, it could be that your folder view is set to "hide extensions for known file types" (which is the default). In other words, if you change a non-mcp file to .mcp and the extension then disappears, that is the case and you just need to change your folder view settings in Windows (where that is depends on windows version).

trying2win
05-12-2011, 04:57 PM
If the extension is missing, it could be that your folder view is set to "hide extensions for known file types" (which is the default). In other words, if you change a non-mcp file to .mcp and the extension then disappears, that is the case and you just need to change your folder view settings in Windows (where that is depends on windows version).

Game Theory:

After a little tinkering in the folder view section set up (I use WINDOWS 7 now), I got the problem solved. I must have advertently hit a wrong button on the computer the last few days to cause this problem. Well, the good thing is that I learned something new today to add to my troubleshooting knowledge.

Thanks a million for your help! :ThmbUp:

T2W

GameTheory
05-12-2011, 05:18 PM
I must have advertently hit a wrong button on the computer the last few days to cause this problem. Either that, or .mcp became "known", which means it is associated with some program and maybe it wasn't before.

trying2win
05-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Either that, or .mcp became "known", which means it is associated with some program and maybe it wasn't before.

GAME THEORY:

That's good to know too for future reference.

Thanks again,

T2W

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Either that, or .mcp became "known", which means it is associated with some program and maybe it wasn't before.And boy is it a bitch to remove a known association in windows 7...but it can be done...