PDA

View Full Version : Ten Cent Supers at Preakness?

depalma113
05-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Anyone know?

calltopost
05-11-2011, 09:44 AM
bump

OFFandRUNNING10
05-12-2011, 08:55 AM
I do not believe it is available for the preakness but is available for the belmont. anyone confirm?

Stillriledup
05-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I know that Laurel doesnt even have 10 cent supers on their main menu at any time, i guess Pimlico would probably be under the same rules. I'd say no if i had to venture a guess.

JPinMaryland
05-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Boy this would be the way to go if they have them.

ALL/Nehro/ALL/ALL

ezmred
05-13-2011, 08:07 PM
WAGERING MENU

The meet will feature several new wagers. Pimlico has added a second Pick 4 and scrapped the Pick 6 in favor of a Pick 5 (races 5-9), with a reduced takeout of 18%. Wagering will also include 10 cent superfectas and 50 cent Pick 3’s, Pick 4’s and Pick 5’s.

“The goal is to make it affordable and create opportunities for the fans,” added Chuckas. “The 10 cent supers and 50 cent Pick 3, Pick 4 and Pick 5’s do just that.”

(from preakness web site) latest news.

InTheRiver68
05-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes, 10c supers will be available. Laurel didn't have them on their menu because they're new as of the Pimlico meet.

- InTheRiver68

LemonSoupKid
05-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Boy this would be the way to go if they have them.

ALL/Nehro/ALL/ALL

:cool:

Stillriledup
05-13-2011, 10:50 PM
There goes the neighborhood, another track trying to make bets easier and easier to hit. Great, everyone has the super for a dime, everyone wins, hurray!

Irish Boy
05-14-2011, 12:40 AM
There goes the neighborhood, another track trying to make bets easier and easier to hit. Great, everyone has the super for a dime, everyone wins, hurray!
Cool. Now that it's super easy, looks like turning a profit will be no problem at all!

depalma113
05-14-2011, 06:55 AM

Are you crazy? Let's see, you hit a dollar super for $1400. You give the IRS a chunck. You hit the ten cent super for $140 ten times and you keep it all. The ten cent super is the absolute best bet in any form of gambling. Minimal investment, possible astronomical payoffs.

raybo
05-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Are you crazy? Let's see, you hit a dollar super for $1400. You give the IRS a chunck. You hit the ten cent super for $140 ten times and you keep it all. The ten cent super is the absolute best bet in any form of gambling. Minimal investment, possible astronomical payoffs.

That may be true if you're wagering in person, however, if you wager through an ADW I doubt you'll get away with the IRS dodge. These would be considered like wagers and would be treated as if they were 1 wager.

Regardless, I believe the 10 cent super has been a boon for those of us who play them seriously. The 10 cent variety has attracted many players who didn't play the supers because the cost scared them off. Now they can play every horse in the race for the price of a decent sized win bet.

For those of us who play them all the time, much of the added money created in the pools by the 10 centers is uneducated money, regarding superfecta wagering and ticket structure, and this money is up for grabs. Liken it to the inexperienced poker player. Like they say, "If you can't spot the fish at the table, you're it".

Producer
05-14-2011, 10:49 PM

Lowering the base cost of bets is one thing I think is necessary to bring new, young people into the game. People want the chance to make a large score for a minimal investment. Trying to grind out win bets is something not many people can do with much success, or want to do for that matter.

Dahoss9698
05-14-2011, 10:59 PM
I know that Laurel doesnt even have 10 cent supers on their main menu at any time, i guess Pimlico would probably be under the same rules. I'd say no if i had to venture a guess.

Hard to believe you were wrong.