PDA

View Full Version : Sen Kerry to shore up relations.....????

newtothegame
05-11-2011, 06:04 AM
I put question marks at the end for a few reasons.....
First of which is why are we paying money to Pakistan??
Seriously??? Seems like blood money to me.....

Sen. Kerry Plans Trip to Pakistan to Get Relations ‘On the Right Track’
Wednesday, May 11, 2011

(CNSNews.com) – Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Sen. John Kerry, co-sponsor of a massive aid package to Pakistan, will travel to Islamabad in the coming days in a bid to get ties back “on the right track” after the Osama bin Laden killing.

“A number of people suggested it would be good to get a dialogue going about the aftermath, and how we get on the right track,” the Massachusetts Democrat told reporters in Washington on Tuesday.

“There are some serious questions, obviously. There are some serious issues that we’ve just got to find a way to resolve together.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/sen-kerry-visiting-pakistan-get-relation

I found this little snip interesting....

"
Kerry and Foreign Relations Committee ranking Republican Sen. Richard Lugar (Ind.) in 2009 co-sponsored legislation to provide Pakistan with $7.5 billion in non-military assistance – $1.5 billion a year for fiscal years 2010 through 2014 -- conditioned on its cooperation in the fight against terrorists."

HUSKER55
05-11-2011, 07:11 AM
must be me, but giving military aid to an unstable region seems dumb

Tom
05-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Barry is teaching him how to bow as we speak.

Let's Roll
05-11-2011, 08:07 AM
In order for Kerry to do a complete job, I strongly suggest he stay in Pakistan permanently.

Robert Goren
05-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Pakistan is the US's worst nightmare, a poor Islamic country with nuclear weapons. We have to tread lightly when dealing with them.

newtothegame
05-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Pakistan is the US's worst nightmare, a poor Islamic country with nuclear weapons. We have to tread lightly when dealing with them.
Tread lightly as continue to pay them to pretend to be our friends???
Provide them military assistance??
Seems that has gotten us alot...NOT!

newtothegame
05-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Last I checked, money can buy alot of things....but have yet to see it buy INTEGRITY!

GaryG
05-11-2011, 09:19 AM
I just saw where Pakistan is going to let the Chinese Commies examine our downed chopper. Shore up relations? Cut the bastards loose from any future aid. They are as much our enemy as any of the arab states.

Robert Goren
05-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Last I checked, money can buy alot of things....but have yet to see it buy INTEGRITY!You are right about that. But that hasn't stopped governments and for that matter, people from trying to in the past nor I doubt, will it in future.

Robert Goren
05-11-2011, 09:43 AM
It is nice to see so many republicans are waking up to the fact that foreign military aid is complete waste of money.

Tom
05-11-2011, 10:41 AM
In order for Kerry to do a complete job, I strongly suggest he stay in Pakistan permanently.

I know of an open apartment he could look into.

Tom
05-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I just saw where Pakistan is going to let the Chinese Commies examine our downed chopper. Shore up relations? Cut the bastards loose from any future aid. They are as much our enemy as any of the arab states.

We should just go in take it back - and let the chips fall where they may.
Them letting the Chi-coms see it an act of war.

For hcap.....everyone is so damned concerned that Pak has nukes.
Don't forget, so do we..........and a superior delivery system.

Tom
05-11-2011, 10:46 AM
It is nice to see so many republicans are waking up to the fact that foreign military aid is complete waste of money.

I have been against all foreign aid for years.
No matter what kind.

You can't take care our your people, you don't deserve to be a country.

mostpost
05-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Are you referring to the chopper that was blown up by the Navy Seals? Blown up as in destroyed. Seriously doubt they will learn much.

BlueShoe
05-11-2011, 03:43 PM
If not Pakistan, then perhaps he could hop over to Vietnam and stay with his old buddy, General Vo Nguyen Giap, the man he went to work for after he left the Navy. Last I heard, the old murderer is still alive even though he is almost 100.

sonnyp
05-11-2011, 03:53 PM

kerry's best move in life was marrying the widow... who had made her best move in life when she,previously, married mr. heinz (as in 57) who passed
and left her with 50 of the 57.

and around and round it goes.

mostpost
05-11-2011, 04:17 PM
If not Pakistan, then perhaps he could hop over to Vietnam and stay with his old buddy, General Vo Nguyen Giap, the man he went to work for after he left the Navy. Last I heard, the old murderer is still alive even though he is almost 100.

As usual with your posts, I am sitting here wondering what the hell is he talking about. Apparently you are referring to a statement allegedly made by Giap that North Viet Nam was about to quit the war but were encouraged by the anti war activism of groups such as Kerry's. Giap supposedly made this statement in one of his memoirs.
Except he didn't. The statement can be found nowhere in any of his writings.
Snopes classifies this rumor as false. Look it up.

JustRalph
05-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Are you referring to the chopper that was blown up by the Navy Seals? Blown up as in destroyed. Seriously doubt they will learn much.

You are wrong. The skin of aircraft is very important. You can't tear it all up and the tail is intact. That is a very important piece of a "stealthy" aircraft.

I doubt it's something they don't already know, but it could be reverse engineered pretty easily by a huge country with the will.

I tend to think if it was really that important, we would have put a few cruise missiles into it by now.

BlueShoe
05-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Apparently you are referring to a statement allegedly made by Giap that North Viet Nam was about to quit the war but were encouraged by the anti war activism of groups such as Kerry's. Giap supposedly made this statement in one of his memoirs.
Whether General Giap, the supreme commander of communist forces at the time, actually said this or not really does not matter. What does matter is that the Vietnam veterans against the War, an organization that Kerry was very active in, engaged in acts that should have been classified as treasonous. Plus there is that murky Swift Boat controversy. Want to go there again? Some of us that wore a uniform during some part of the Vietnam conflict have long memories.