PDA

View Full Version : You want full fields? EVD Looks like the place

JustRalph
05-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Just nosing around and noticed that EVD has something like 116 horses entered in ten races on Wednesday night.

I may have to start looking at this track again...........

Fastracehorse
05-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Just nosing around and noticed that EVD has something like 116 horses entered in ten races on Wednesday night.

....at all, i gave it shot and came close.....

fffastt

Mineshaft
05-11-2011, 08:25 AM

Its full fields but a lot of rats especially the maiden 5-10K races. It beats the 6 horse fields at Hollywood and Churchill though but does not have the quality as those 2 tracks.

Zman179
05-11-2011, 10:45 AM
I'll take 12 cheap claimers any day over 5 of the best horses on the planet.

PhantomOnTour
05-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Evangeline Downs is about 25mins from my house, but I rarely go there or bet that track. The on-track experience is nothing to write home about...my waitress in a crowded Friday night clubhouse once wrote my order down on her hand...good Lord.

But yes, the fields are full and they now have turf racing. I run restaurants for a living so their PM schedule doesn't fit for me.

Mineshaft
05-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Evangeline Downs is about 25mins from my house, but I rarely go there or bet that track. The on-track experience is nothing to write home about...my waitress in a crowded Friday night clubhouse once wrote my order down on her hand...good Lord.

But yes, the fields are full and they now have turf racing. I run restaurants for a living so their PM schedule doesn't fit for me.

The first nite this year we ate in the clubhouse. After 45 mins after we had ordered we asked the waitress where our food was. She forgot to put the order in. Yes there on track hosteses are freakin horrible.

outofthebox
05-11-2011, 04:24 PM
The first nite this year we ate in the clubhouse. After 45 mins after we had ordered we asked the waitress where our food was. She forgot to put the order in. Yes there on track hosteses are freakin horrible.And now they raised the price of the buffet to $33. The waitresses were complaining of not enough tips.

CincyHorseplayer
05-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I go to the track for races not friggin food.Is that the top priority with all you geriatrics besides taking 3 draft beer $hits apiece??!!:D

Just kidding!!!I couldn't help myself after hearing these types moan all day for years!!!

michiken
05-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Evangeline is the only place I play these days. Give me a 12 horse field of these cheap claimers anyday!

Ken

lamboguy
05-11-2011, 05:14 PM
great racing, full fields and big prices, but expensive signal fees and low rebates.
i will stick with indiana downs and charlietown this eventing and woodbine as well.

incidentally, my company does have woodbine and rebates it more than anyone else

Mineshaft
05-11-2011, 05:21 PM
And now they raised the price of the buffet to $33. The waitresses were complaining of not enough tips.

Thats another thing. They are forcing you to eat the buffet on Fridays and Saturdays. Thanks but no thanks. You will not force me to eat what you want me to eat. Plus the food is terrible. The menus get smaller and smaller each year as far as choices go. I hope nobody goes on the weekends and maybe they will cut the buffet out completely.

hugh
05-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I tried playing EVD for a while.... It was the first track I took copious notes and records on....
For me... it was a little daunting trying to analyze the 12+ fields....
A LOT of big prices though...
I think I'll stick with the smaller fields ... I like Mountaineer and CT.

Kelso
05-11-2011, 11:57 PM
I'll take 12 cheap claimers any day over 5 of the best horses on the planet.THAT is exactly what those who control American racing need to understand. (I suspect many do, but prefer to ignore it.)