PDA

View Full Version : Sway Away and Astrology

GatetoWire
05-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Anyone have an idea on who is going ride these two in the Preakness?
Bonde has been using Rosario on Smiling Tiger lately.
Will Assmusen stick with Nakatani?

Striker
05-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Anyone have an idea on who is going ride these two in the Preakness?
Bonde has been using Rosario on Smiling Tiger lately.
Will Assmusen stick with Nakatani?
I believe Smith rode Astrology last out so that he could secure the Preakness mount on him since Steve A said that would be the race they were targeting. I had heard that Martin Garcia was going to ride Sway Away if he got into the derby but not sure if that will be the way that Bonde goes now.

calltopost
05-16-2011, 01:37 PM
I heard G. Gomez on Sway Away but forget where I read it. Sorry.

That would be nice though - no early moves etc.

picojim
05-16-2011, 06:37 PM
I had heard that Martin Garcia was going to ride Sway Away if he got into the derby but not sure if that will be the way that Bonde goes now.

Garcia will ride Midnight Interlude in the Preakness

GatetoWire
05-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Gomez on Sway Away.
Nakatani was going to be on Astrology but will take Nehro first if both are entered.

point given
05-17-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm making Sway Away my wiseguy horse as Watchmaker on his early line made him 20/1. He got to the lead in the Arkansas derby and then got disinterested or tired late. I'm hoping Gomez learned something in that race and caan time a good close with him.

Doza
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm making Sway Away my wiseguy horse as Watchmaker on his early line made him 20/1. He got to the lead in the Arkansas derby and then got disinterested or tired late. I'm hoping Gomez learned something in that race and caan time a good close with him.

I believe P. Val rode Sway Away in the Ark Derby.

Plain Steve
05-19-2011, 08:08 AM

At 6.5 and 7 furlongs he's late, at 9f he gets the lead and can't hold it. Just my opinion, but he's had some good chances and came up empty. I'd love to see him taking money, better odds on my horse.