PDA

View Full Version : Will Thunder Go To NBA Finals ?

maddog42
05-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Yeah I Know, wildly optimistic. But the way they played last night..... They can beat Dallas. Yeah Yeah I know they have to beat Memphis. Last night was a triple overtime classsic.

cj
05-10-2011, 09:41 AM
This Memphis series is going to the wire, and it might kill them both. Either team poses matchup issues for Dallas, but they might not have anything left by then.

On a side note, at what point will they stop letting Zach Randolph hit people in the head?

maddog42
05-10-2011, 10:00 AM
This Memphis series is going to the wire, and it might kill them both. Either team poses matchup issues for Dallas, but they might not have anything left by then.

On a side note, at what point will they stop letting Zach Randolph hit people in the head?

I thought that should have been a double tech instead of just Collison. Not Fair.
We out-toughed memphis last night, but it helped a lot that mayo and the other guard fouled out.

cj
05-10-2011, 10:07 AM
I thought that should have been a double tech instead of just Collison. Not Fair.
We out-toughed memphis last night, but it helped a lot that mayo and the other guard fouled out.

Yeah, that was bad. Also, Randolph hit KD right across the face as KD dunked all over him and nothing was called.

Anyway, huge win. Maybe next time Gasol will wait to start smiling like he'd actually accomplished something until they actually win instead of during the 1st and 2nd quarters.

maddog42
05-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah, that was bad. Also, Randolph hit KD right across the face as KD dunked all over him and nothing was called.

Anyway, huge win. Maybe next time Gasol will wait to start smiling like he'd actually accomplished something until they actually win instead of during the 1st and 2nd quarters.

That wasn't the first time that Randolph fouled Collison. I realize that home teams get the calls, thats Ok with me. I just don't want rinky-dink calls when Perkins puts a body on Randolph back in okc.

Canarsie
05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Whoever plays Dallas I would sag off Kidd and make him shoot and beat me. I can't believe not one analyst said how poor he has been shooting. Dallas was lucky to get a sweep his play to me has been a detriment to the team. His passing is still good but he can be beat off the dribble if there's no help from the weak side. Let him shoot the three and take your chances.

Bryant couldn't really drive with his injury he won't have that luxury next round.

Shows you how smart I am though picked OKC in five never thought Memphis would play this well.

maddog42
05-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Whoever plays Dallas I would sag off Kidd and make him shoot and beat me. I can't believe not one analyst said how poor he has been shooting. Dallas was lucky to get a sweep his play to me has been a detriment to the team. His passing is still good but he can be beat off the dribble if there's no help from the weak side. Let him shoot the three and take your chances.

Bryant couldn't really drive with his injury he won't have that luxury next round.

Shows you how smart I am though picked OKC in five never thought Memphis would play this well.

I agree about Kidd. Dallas is a very good team and they will be favored a bunch.
Perkins has hekped OKC a lot, and we match-up better with big physical teams now. Oh yeah. Cj is right, this series may do us in. Last night was a pivotal game though.

slew101
05-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Barrea has played better than Kidd in several playoff games. He was a big spark in the Game 6 win in Portland.

maddog42
05-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Barrea has played better than Kidd in several playoff games. He was a big spark in the Game 6 win in Portland.

Haven't seen Barrea play much. That is bad news, for me if they have a good back-up. Bench players often win playoff games. Look at Harden.

maddog42
05-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Haven't seen Barrea play much. That is bad news, for me if they have a good back-up. Bench players often win playoff games. Look at Harden.

The Thunder have a lot of depth. This last series has proved it. If Okc wins against Memphis, and this looks likely, The Dallas Series will be fantastic. There is always a lot of dislike (more like downright hatred)from Texas. I was calling the Memphis Series the I40 series. The next one will be the I35 Series.

Zippy Chippy
05-12-2011, 04:50 AM
I have no idea whod win a mavs/thunder s
eries. Flip a coin

Valuist
05-12-2011, 07:47 AM
As much as I hate to say it, its hard to imagine anyone beating Miami.

cj
05-12-2011, 08:56 AM

I think they looked a lot better than they are playing an old Celtics team with a one armed point guard.

maddog42
05-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I think they looked a lot better than they are playing an old Celtics team with a one armed point guard.
With 3 of the top 12 players in basketball, Miami will be formidable. They will be favored to beat CHICAGO, or anyone else. They look like they are barely trying sometimes. Their bench looks weak and that makes them vulnerable.

cj
05-12-2011, 10:30 AM
With 3 of the top 12 players in basketball, Miami will be formidable. They will be favored to beat CHICAGO, or anyone else. They look like they are barely trying sometimes. Their bench looks weak and that makes them vulnerable.

I would say two of the top 3, but Bosh is in NO WAY a top 12 player in the NBA. I'm not sure he is a top 50.

maddog42
05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I would say two of the top 3, but Bosh is in NO WAY a top 12 player in the NBA. I'm not sure he is a top 50.
Before this season, many people put him in the top 10. I agree he is not playing as well, but he is not the goto guy anymore. I personally would put him in the top 20.

Canarsie
05-12-2011, 10:51 AM

I would agree with that 100% but he also makes clutch baskets, blocks, and rebounds in the background. Just my opinion but when they were on their losing streak he was the one who spoke out and started showing much more emotion. Don't think it was a coincidence that they started to roll a little after that.

Everybody remembers Lebrons and Wade's play late but nobody will bring up his tip in. He's like a forgotten entity but they don't win without him.

maddog42
05-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Not in the top 50? I remember him taking over games in Toronto. When they wanted points he was the man. I havent watched many NBA games this year, but I believe most people would disagree. The only miami-celtic game I watched
he looked a little shaky, not the Bosh I remember.

Canarsie
05-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Not in the top 50? I remember him taking over games in Toronto. When they wanted points he was the man. I havent watched many NBA games this year, but I believe most people would disagree. The only miami-celtic game I watched

You just made the argument as nobody remembers players from Toronto because they never won anything. Bosh was the main wheel in Toronto now he's the third or fourth option. I don't hear anyone mentioning Vince Carter who was far better than Bosh.

cj
05-12-2011, 11:22 AM

Who else was going to score for Toronto? How many did he take over? They won like 20!

One thing I've learned in many years of watching the NBA is the "best player on a bad team" syndrome. They are never as good as they look when they move to a better team. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but I am very confident I could name 50 better players.

cj
05-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Everybody remembers Lebrons and Wade's play late but nobody will bring up his tip in. He's like a forgotten entity but they don't win without him.

You'll get no argument from me on that point, but he could easily be replaced by any number of players with similar success. The other two, not so much.

maddog42
05-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Who else was going to score for Toronto? How many did he take over? They won like 20!

One thing I've learned in many years of watching the NBA is the "best player on a bad team" syndrome. They are never as good as they look when they move to a better team. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but I am very confident I could name 50 better players.

Scoring is not a good way to rank NBA Players, but BOSH was 27th this year. #9
Last year. After looking at all the good players ahead of him this might be a good rank for him. It doesn't help that #2 and #4 are on same team. The thunder have about 40 percent chance of reaching the finals, but about a 30% chance of BEATING Miami . Multiply these together and i would say the the THUNDER have 12 percent chance of winning it all. Not too shabby for an okc team that didn't win 25 games 2 years ago.

PhantomOnTour
05-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I sure hope so.
I have a sizeable wager with a friend that they will get there. It's not a monetary wager, it's a buddy wager and these are MUCH more important than winning 50 bucks.
Go Thunder!

maddog42
05-13-2011, 09:29 AM
I sure hope so.
I have a sizeable wager with a friend that they will get there. It's not a monetary wager, it's a buddy wager and these are MUCH more important than winning 50 bucks.
Go Thunder!
Buddy wagers are worth a lot more than money. Kevin Mchale said a couple days ago that OKC did too much celebrating, and said that Memphis would win tonight because of that. Hope he's wrong.

cj
05-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Buddy wagers are worth a lot more than money. Kevin Mchale said a couple days ago that OKC did too much celebrating, and said that Memphis would win tonight because of that. Hope he's wrong.

Kevin McHale was a good player, but he is a terrible analyst. What was his coaching record? He also has the distinction of being a worse GM than Isaiah, and that is really saying something.

If the Griz need something like the 11th and 12th guys coming off the bench and actually wanting to play to inspire them in an elimination game, they have bigger problems than Royal Ivey hitting a 3.

maddog42
05-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Kevin McHale was a good player, but he is a terrible analyst. What was his coaching record? He also has the distinction of being a worse GM than Isaiah, and that is really saying something.

If the Griz need something like the 11th and 12th guys coming off the bench and actually wanting to play to inspire them in an elimination game, they have bigger problems than Royal Ivey hitting a 3.

Kevin Mchale was a great player and a terrible coach. Why do great players often make terrible coaches. Name me a very good player who was a good coach.
Maybe Mo Cheeks will be?

maddog42
05-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Kevin Mchale was a great player and a terrible coach. Why do great players often make terrible coaches. Name me a very good player who was a good coach.
Maybe Mo Cheeks will be?
I won't accept Phil Jackson.

Canarsie
05-13-2011, 11:07 AM
You'll get no argument from me on that point, but he could easily be replaced by any number of players with similar success. The other two, not so much.

I like your basketball knowledge. :ThmbUp:

So let me ask you this? If Carmello played with them would they be better, worse, or the same?

I say worse the guy doesn't play defense don't care what others say. He had two run outs out of three plays against Boston. That's unheard of for any forward let alone a so called superstar.

I would also like to give props to Rondo for playing with a dislocated elbow. I had two dislocated shoulders and playing wasn't easy for a while if one popped out. He was smart not taking pain killers or a shot because then he wouldn't be so cognizant of the injury. Some of the stuff he did playing with it was amazing. Take it from a guy who tried on a much LOWER level. I would be very surprised if surgery wasn't performed because if it pops out during the season he'll be down for a length of time.

One more thing while I'm at it would like some opinions. I still learn so much from Van Gundy and Hubie Brown and nothing at all from Steve Kerr. Really don't like listening to him he brings nothing to the table for me. Gives opinions after the replauy not while the game is going on and you can see it on the screen.

Canarsie
05-13-2011, 11:09 AM
I sure hope so.
Go Thunder!

Bragging rights on a bet with a friend are priceless.

Canarsie
05-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Maybe Mo Cheeks will be?

Bill Russell 2 championships as a coach.

cj
05-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I like your basketball knowledge. :ThmbUp:

So let me ask you this? If Carmello played with them would they be better, worse, or the same?

I say worse the guy doesn't play defense don't care what others say. He had two run outs out of three plays against Boston. That's unheard of for any forward let alone a so called superstar.

I would also like to give props to Rondo for playing with a dislocated elbow. I had two dislocated shoulders and playing wasn't easy for a while if one popped out. He was smart not taking pain killers or a shot because then he wouldn't be so cognizant of the injury. Some of the stuff he did playing with it was amazing. Take it from a guy who tried on a much LOWER level. I would be very surprised if surgery wasn't performed because if it pops out during the season he'll be down for a length of time.

One more thing while I'm at it would like some opinions. I still learn so much from Van Gundy and Hubie Brown and nothing at all from Steve Kerr. Really don't like listening to him he brings nothing to the table for me. Gives opinions after the replauy not while the game is going on and you can see it on the screen.

Definitely worse with Carmello. Only one guy can shoot at a time! Like Lebron and DWade or not, those guys bring it on both ends of the floor.

I think Fratello is the best, bar none. Van Gundy is good too. Brown, in my opinion, talks way too much and is not nearly what he once was. He was very good in his earlier days.

Believe it or not, I miss Bill Walton!

maddog42
05-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Bill Russell 2 championships as a coach.

Russell was great, but he was player-coach. Nitpicky? Yep.

mostpost
05-14-2011, 01:17 AM

I just tried it. It isn't hard at all. ;)

mostpost
05-14-2011, 01:26 AM

Not as bad as a one legged soccer player.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSxmFFMCCdY
Fast forward to 1:40

Canarsie
05-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Believe it or not, I miss Bill Walton!

Well we agree to disagree on this one he annoyed the heck out of me. I agree with Fratello he is quite good.

Maybe because I played but give me a guy who breaks down plays or defenses any day. There is so much good stuff off the ball that the great ones bring to your attention.

Do you think the Thunder mailed it in middle of third quarter yesterday? They had so many unforced turnovers I was shaking my head they are so much better than that. Tomorrow should be awesome especially if my Red Sox can also win.

cj
05-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Well we agree to disagree on this one he annoyed the heck out of me. I agree with Fratello he is quite good.

Maybe because I played but give me a guy who breaks down plays or defenses any day. There is so much good stuff off the ball that the great ones bring to your attention.

Do you think the Thunder mailed it in middle of third quarter yesterday? They had so many unforced turnovers I was shaking my head they are so much better than that. Tomorrow should be awesome especially if my Red Sox can also win.

I don't know, looked like Durant was just out of it. Westbrook played great, but you can only do so much. They can't play any worse and were in it until late, so it isn't all bad.

BlueShoe
05-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Name me a very good player who was a good coach.
Former Detroit Piston "Bad Boy" Bill Laimbeer. That is, if you count womens basketball. Coach of the Detroit Shock of the WNBA from 2002-2009, he led the team to three league chanpionships. His success astounded many fans. Because of his scowling ugly disposition and bad reputatation while a player, that he could coach was a surprise. Would have thought that he would have terrified the young ladies on his team, and have them in tears, but apparently that was not the case. Has been said that he still wants to coach in the NBA. Would be interesting to see how he would do if given the chance.

Canarsie
05-15-2011, 01:28 PM
I loved Laimbeer even though he was dirty. He and I had a similar type of game. I was 6 feet at 12 years old they always made me play the 'hole". Problem was I weighed 165 pounds used to get the crap beat out of me. I remember once defending a guy 6'6" 270 and when he turned around for a short hook I was toast. I then decided to grab the middle loop on his jeans when he tried it. The guy got so mad after missing a few he took the basketball and threw it straight into my back OUCH.

Boy did we trash talk even back then but it was lots of fun.

maddog42
05-15-2011, 08:37 PM
I loved Laimbeer even though he was dirty. He and I had a similar type of game. I was 6 feet at 12 years old they always made me play the 'hole". Problem was I weighed 165 pounds used to get the crap beat out of me. I remember once defending a guy 6'6" 270 and when he turned around for a short hook I was toast. I then decided to grab the middle loop on his jeans when he tried it. The guy got so mad after missing a few he took the basketball and threw it straight into my back OUCH.

Boy did we trash talk even back then but it was lots of fun.

I had 3 older brothers and I am the youngest of 7 kids. I KNOW that type of basketball. Sometimes you play to get one good shot in.

cj
05-15-2011, 10:50 PM
I had 3 older brothers and I am the youngest of 7 kids. I KNOW that type of basketball. Sometimes you play to get one good shot in.

What is impressive is the Grizz try to play that kind of game, and a young fast team like the Thunder gave as good as they got.

maddog42
05-16-2011, 12:09 AM
What is impressive is the Grizz try to play that kind of game, and a young fast team like the Thunder gave as good as they got.

Nick Collison sure did. He played so much better defense and was so much tougher than anyone else on the court. That is my kind of basketball. Scoring is
only half of basketball. We don't win the Memphis series without him.

Canarsie
05-16-2011, 08:30 AM
To me the best part of the game is off the ball and try to figure out the next pass, block, rotation and other good stuff.

I can't wait to see how OKC plays Kidd should be very interesting.

cj
05-16-2011, 08:37 AM
To me the best part of the game is off the ball and try to figure out the next pass, block, rotation and other good stuff.

How is Kidd going to cover Westbrook? I mean, obviously he can't, but they'll have to do something to slow him down. This series is a totally different match up for OKC. Ibaka will play a much bigger role, while Collison's will be reduced somewhat.

maddog42
05-16-2011, 08:48 AM

Your point about sagging off kidd will probably get a tryout. We usually apply on-ball pressure though. After watching Chicago manhandle Miami I realized how good they were. They played twice as good of defense as Miami. This is the second time I watched them this year. Bosh had a good game scoring, but he cannot handle the bigs, Noah etc. for Chicago. Last night was such total domination on defense for Chicago that Miami does not look good. The wiseguys
in Vegas were wrong to favor Miami. Also the announcer publicly declared Bosh
a top 25 player in NBA just not Lebron wade level. Probably true about the 5 time allstar. I too was caught up in the Big 3 hype.

Robert Goren
05-16-2011, 09:04 AM
The problem with the heat is that outside of the big three all they have is a bunch of players who would be the 9th or 10th man on almost every other team in the NBA. If one of the big three is off the floor, they are seriously out manned.

cj's dad
05-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Question for OKC fans:

Who guards Dirk and can/will that player be successful ?

cj
05-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Question for OKC fans:

Probably not, nobody can guard Dirk. Jeff Green had some success against him but he is gone now. The Mavs need more than just Dirk though. Should be a great series.

cj
05-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Your point about sagging off kidd will probably get a tryout. We usually apply on-ball pressure though. After watching Chicago manhandle Miami I realized how good they were. They played twice as good of defense as Miami. This is the second time I watched them this year. Bosh had a good game scoring, but he cannot handle the bigs, Noah etc. for Chicago. Last night was such total domination on defense for Chicago that Miami does not look good. The wiseguys
a top 25 player in NBA just not Lebron wade level. Probably true about the 5 time allstar. I too was caught up in the Big 3 hype.

He didn't make the first three All NBA teams, so you have to come up with 10 more (easy) to say he isn't top 25.

Canarsie
05-16-2011, 11:53 AM

I heard that too almost fell through the floor but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm a fan of basketball right now everyone is jumping on the Chicago bandwagon last time I saw it change this much was the Boston massacre and we all know how that turned out. There's plenty of basketball left but I hope the guys here who bet Chicago cash.

Whoever said coaching was overrated though just had to look at game 1. Thibodeau was brilliant they should give him a raise for the game plan. Spoelstra was out coached want to see what lineup he puts out for game 2.

Kidd is going to be tired just playing defense I still would let him try and beat me till proven otherwise. Then again I'm not the coach I'm sure there will be a solid game plan in place.

Bet you didn't know the guy who owned the SS before the sale lived in Canarsie where I grew up. People tell me I knew him but there is no recollection from me.

Pace Cap'n
05-16-2011, 10:22 PM
As noted above, the best action can often be found away from the ball. Most folks, it seems, just watch the ball and follow it around. Here's what works for me to follow the action, not just the ball, in the half-court game.

As the ball comes across the midcourt line, cast your gaze to the foul line. Do not focus intently on the line, rather maintain a soft focus a few feet above the line. (say waist high on an imaginary foul shooter.) Maintain that same gaze throughout the possession.

You will find that in your peripheral vision you will see the entire half-court, all the players, and it's impossible to lose track of the ball. When teams run set plays, you will often see them develop several passes ahead. When the foul is away from the ball, you'll see it.

Go Thunder!

maddog42
05-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Question for OKC fans:

There is some talk here about Okc going small against Dallas. Durant would guard Dirk. This would give them match-up problems Because Dirk can't handle Durant. I don't think Dallas would go small but they have done that frequently this year.

Stillriledup
05-16-2011, 11:50 PM

The series was 'already over' when the guy got hurt, so the one armed PG excuse didnt cost them games 1 and 2.. Also, these guys screwed themselves when they got rid of Perkins, Doc said the chemistry was all messed up, i dont think it was as much of an old issues as it was a perk-less issue.

cj
05-17-2011, 08:28 AM
The series was 'already over' when the guy got hurt, so the one armed PG excuse didnt cost them games 1 and 2.. Also, these guys screwed themselves when they got rid of Perkins, Doc said the chemistry was all messed up, i dont think it was as much of an old issues as it was a perk-less issue.

The Series was hardly over. Boston easily could have won games 4 and 5 with a one armed man playing the point after winning game 3 with him playing that way for a half.

maddog42
05-17-2011, 08:35 AM
I for one appreciate Perkins. He is tough minded. He gets too many technicals,but he is worth it. Between Perkins, Mohammed ,Collison and Ibaka we can throw some Bigs at people. These guys are going to win some games for us.

Canarsie
05-17-2011, 08:54 AM

Your basketball knowledge is near zero. Take it from a guy who had two dislocated shoulders Rondo just playing was heroic. It they had a PG who was 70% of his talent he wouldn't have even played. If Perkins was there they still would have lost without an effective Rondo. I hate to tell you this but it's a PG driven league now 3 out of 4 teams left have pretty good ones. Miami is an exception but will definitely get a better one with the mid level exemption they will have next year. Priority number one for them.

The reason they got rid of Perkins was that he wouldn't resign. They were caught in between a rock and a hard place.

http://clnsradio.com/2011/random/report-kendrick-perkins-scowls-at-celtics-contract-offer/

It's easy for people to knock a team when it isn't your money. The NBA penalizes a team with a luxury tax.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q16

The Celtics paid almost 15 million in 2009-2010 case closed.

Stillriledup
05-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Your basketball knowledge is near zero. Take it from a guy who had two dislocated shoulders Rondo just playing was heroic. It they had a PG who was 70% of his talent he wouldn't have even played. If Perkins was there they still would have lost without an effective Rondo. I hate to tell you this but it's a PG driven league now 3 out of 4 teams left have pretty good ones. Miami is an exception but will definitely get a better one with the mid level exemption they will have next year. Priority number one for them.

The reason they got rid of Perkins was that he wouldn't resign. They were caught in between a rock and a hard place.

http://clnsradio.com/2011/random/report-kendrick-perkins-scowls-at-celtics-contract-offer/

It's easy for people to knock a team when it isn't your money. The NBA penalizes a team with a luxury tax.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q16

The Celtics paid almost 15 million in 2009-2010 case closed.

I guess you know more than Doc Rivers. He said Perkins leaving was a big mistake and MY knowledge is zero. Right, ok.

:sleeping:

Stillriledup
05-17-2011, 07:20 PM
The Series was hardly over. Boston easily could have won games 4 and 5 with a one armed man playing the point after winning game 3 with him playing that way for a half.

Hardly over? It was almost all the way over. If a player is out on the court, he's good to go. If he had 'one arm' and that one arm was a detriment to his play, than he wouldnt have been out there. Doc Rivers, who knows a smidge more than you about basketball, thought it was ok for him to play. To me, that mean's he's good to go, his arm was no excuse for them losing.

cj
05-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Hardly over? It was almost all the way over. If a player is out on the court, he's good to go. If he had 'one arm' and that one arm was a detriment to his play, than he wouldnt have been out there. Doc Rivers, who knows a smidge more than you about basketball, thought it was ok for him to play. To me, that mean's he's good to go, his arm was no excuse for them losing.

As Canarsie said, of course having one arm was a detriment to his play. You obviously didn't watch the games. If Boston had someone that was better than a one-armed Rondo, he wouldn't have played. However, they don't, so he played a lot.

Seriously, you've posted some really dumb stuff here in the past, but this takes the cake. You should really stick to starting inane threads and mucking up the others in the horse racing section.

cj
05-17-2011, 08:22 PM
I guess you know more than Doc Rivers. He said Perkins leaving was a big mistake and MY knowledge is zero. Right, ok.

This is because Doc doesn't care about finances, he is a coach. Perkins was gone after the season. They tried to get something before they lost him. It didn't really work out very well, but they tried. Anyone can second guess after the fact, even Doc Rivers.

Stillriledup
05-17-2011, 10:12 PM
This is because Doc doesn't care about finances, he is a coach. Perkins was gone after the season. They tried to get something before they lost him. It didn't really work out very well, but they tried. Anyone can second guess after the fact, even Doc Rivers.

I'm not talking about Doc caring or not caring about finances, i'm talking about what he actually said about Perkins.

Stillriledup
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
As Canarsie said, of course having one arm was a detriment to his play. You obviously didn't watch the games. If Boston had someone that was better than a one-armed Rondo, he wouldn't have played. However, they don't, so he played a lot.

Seriously, you've posted some really dumb stuff here in the past, but this takes the cake. You should really stick to starting inane threads and mucking up the others in the horse racing section.

Rondo being hurt had nothing to do with them losing. They got creamed, they got completely outplayed from the first whistle of game 1 to the end of the series. My point was that Rondo being hurt is not an excuse, they werent winning that series even if Rondo was 100 percent healthy...that's the point i was trying to make.

cj
05-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Rondo being hurt had nothing to do with them losing. They got creamed, they got completely outplayed from the first whistle of game 1 to the end of the series. My point was that Rondo being hurt is not an excuse, they werent winning that series even if Rondo was 100 percent healthy...that's the point i was trying to make.

You clearly didn't watch the games and are talking out of your ass. Maybe the Heat do win if Rondo doesn't get hurt, but it is far from the certainty you try to make it out to be. If series were based on the home team winning the first two games, the Mavs would be 2006 champions.

cj
05-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm not talking about Doc caring or not caring about finances, i'm talking about what he actually said about Perkins.

I know what he said. It has nothing to do with anything other than saying it didn't help the team. Wow, there is a revelation after they were eliminated two rounds earlier than last year. Thank goodness Doc Rivers was around to spell it out for you.

maddog42
05-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Question for OKC fans:

Cj was right, nobody can guard Nowitzki. He is red hot, but he will cool. Incredibly bad call by refs against okc.

Stillriledup
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
You clearly didn't watch the games and are talking out of your ass. Maybe the Heat do win if Rondo doesn't get hurt, but it is far from the certainty you try to make it out to be. If series were based on the home team winning the first two games, the Mavs would be 2006 champions.

It was OVA! :D

Not all teams who win the first 2 games win the series, but in THIS series, if you watched the games (and i know you did you little devil!) you were like UT OH and knew the Celtics were just not good enough this year.

cj
05-17-2011, 11:13 PM

Not all teams who win the first 2 games win the series, but in THIS series, if you watched the games (and i know you did you little devil!) you were like UT OH and knew the Celtics were just not good enough this year.

JAT.

cj
05-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Cj was right, nobody can guard Nowitzki. He is red hot, but he will cool. Incredibly bad call by refs against okc.

Apparently, breathing on Dirk is a foul in game 1. Still, he is making the shots.

maddog42
05-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Apparently, breathing on Dirk is a foul in game 1. Still, he is making the shots.
I have never seen such bad calls in a game.

cj
05-18-2011, 12:00 AM
I have never seen such bad calls in a game.

Yeah, way too many fouls called. That isn't a shock for a Joey Crawford game. If the Mavs shoot like that the rest of the series, they'll win, but that would be hard to do. The Thunder shouldn't be worried, and teams off long layoffs often show it in Game 2, not Game 1.

maddog42
05-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah, way too many fouls called. That isn't a shock for a Joey Crawford game. If the Mavs shoot like that the rest of the series, they'll win, but that would be hard to do. The Thunder shouldn't be worried, and teams off long layoffs often show it in Game 2, not Game 1.
As you know I am a big Nowitzki fan, but these announcers just go on and on about how good he is. They are terrible. Those Mickey Mouse calls when you barely touch Nowitzki really made for a slow terrible game to watch. Westbrook Considering the opposition should have played better.

cj
05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
I do find it hard to believe that Joey Crawford, he who was suspended for an entire post season only four years ago, is the best the NBA has to officiate one of only two remaining series. They really need to get some younger officials in the NBA.

Here is the best Joey Crawford moment ever:

wugrOmbsV3U

Crawford called the foul on Billups to protect his ridiculous positioning.

Bettowin
05-18-2011, 12:45 AM
I like the Thunder and rooted for them all year but they can't play defense not to mention against one of the best offensive players in the league.

Really thought Dallas would start out slow and got burned on them scoring 55 in the first half. Got it back and then some taking the 2nd half over.

If the Thunder insist on pushing the game and shooting in the first 10 or 15 seconds of each posession they are toast. They are playing against the big boys now:)

maddog42
05-18-2011, 12:56 AM
I do find it hard to believe that Joey Crawford, he who was suspended for an entire post season only four years ago, is the best the NBA has to officiate one of only two remaining series. They really need to get some younger officials in the NBA.

Here is the best Joey Crawford moment ever:

wugrOmbsV3U

Crawford called the foul on Billups to protect his ridiculous positioning.

Amazing! What a petty official.

maddog42
05-18-2011, 01:01 AM
I like the Thunder and rooted for them all year but they can't play defense not to mention against one of the best offensive players in the league.

Really thought Dallas would start out slow and got burned on them scoring 55 in the first half. Got it back and then some taking the 2nd half over.

If the Thunder insist on pushing the game and shooting in the first 10 or 15 seconds of each posession they are toast. They are playing against the big boys now:)

First of all, you don't win 2 series without playing defense. Do they play as good as Chicago? No. I think they played better defense than Dallas did tonight but still lost. It happens. The Thunder will win a couple games in this series at least.
I think Chicago will win the whole shebang. And the Thunder usually play better D than this.

dav4463
05-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Dirk is a 7 foot jumpshooter who scored a grand total of 2 points in the paint, yet got 24 free throws! No player in the history of the NBA gets those calls!

Durant and D.Wade attack the basket. That's why they get calls. Dirk does not attack, yet still gets calls!

The game was called way too tight. It wasn't basketball, it was a free throw contest.

I've reffed games where I've seen 7th grade girls take harder hits than Dirk did; and they didn't fall down!

Some teams and players get preferential calls. Dirk shot 63 free throws in six games against Portland, but only 15 in four games against LA. That is because LA doesn't foul?...I think it just because it is LA. Then tonight, 24 freet throws in one game despite never going to the basket!

Mavs shot incredibly well in addition to all the free throws. Still, if Westbrook just plays halfway decent, the Thunder win the game!

dav4463
05-18-2011, 01:08 AM

I think it was Joey who called a game between the Mavericks and Spurs a while back when the teams combined for 99 free throws! It was ridiculous. It doesn't allow a team to get any flow going; and the best free throw shooting team wins. I don't want a free throw contest. I want to see basketball.

cj
05-18-2011, 09:19 AM

I think Denver and Memphis would beg to differ. The Thunder shut them both down pretty well.

Canarsie
05-18-2011, 09:41 AM

Amazing you were nowhere to be found till now. Don't we all love redboarding? If you knew before the series began how come I didn't see one post from your lack of knowledge analogy?

As far as Rondo his elbow could pop out just using a fork for dinner it took a lot of guts to play even with the arm wrapped.

A lot of people whose opinion I respect picked Boston. Big deal they were wrong at least they went public before the tip off of game one. Maybe you could learn something from them and make a stand once in a while.

Wiley
05-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Dirk is a 7 foot jumpshooter who scored a grand total of 2 points in the paint, yet got 24 free throws! No player in the history of the NBA gets those calls!

Durant and D.Wade attack the basket. That's why they get calls. Dirk does not attack, yet still gets calls!

Great point David.

Dirk could've also been tossed on the shove on a Durant drive, did not even call a flagrant though.

If Carlisle makes adjustments think the Thunder can win this series. I don't follow the west division much but to me I would make everyone but Terry and Nowitzki beat me. I would double off of Kidd, play maybe Perkins on N, body and front him, the best way to stop him is to not let him get the ball and as slow as he is you should be able to do this, N's only move is that step back jumper so you know what's coming.

Barea got in the lane way too easy so they need to stop him earlier in the play, he doesn't look that quick to me so not sure how the Thunder allowed him to drive so effectively.

Westbrook needs to slow down a bit and look more for the dribble, drive and dish against the zone, he missed a boatload of contested drives to the basket.

Cuban had nothing to complain about the way this game was called.

Looks like it will be a fun series.

Canarsie
05-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Ok I watched the game twice and here's my observations for what it's worth.

Don't think the foul calls decided the game even though they didn't let them play. OKC actually went to the line more.

There's nothing you can do when a 7 footer makes a 18-20 bank shot off the glass it's not your night. He's a great player but nobody can have 2 nights back to back like that it's almost impossible.

They played Kidd exactly as I though but Dallas may have outsmarted them as he only took 3 shots all from 3 point land. The problem was the Dallas bench played lights out again it's tough to repeat an effort like that.

OKC needs to get into the paint more and be more physical. Make them work harder on the defensive end and you will reap rewards. The one play that bothered me was in the second quarter and they sagged off Kidd and someone was wide open for a three in the corner which he (can't remember who it was) drilled. The rotation has to be better than that but it's only one game.

Barea was very impressive putting his body on Durant didn't see that from Kidd at all. I would expect him to get more minutes he did the same thing against the Lakers. He might be the "X" factor.

Both Chicago and Dallas shot lights out in game one it's still a long series. I for one think both are going at least six (notice I'm saying it now) possibly 7 games. I really can't fathom any of the 4 teams shooting lights out for an extended period of time.

The best 4 teams are really in the conference finals there's a reason they got there. Adjustments will be made by all four to me it's a great part of the game trying to figure out what they're going to do.

Robert Goren
05-18-2011, 10:15 AM
OK City needs their big men to play some defence. If they don't, it is going to be a short series. The OKC defence parted like the Red Sea did for Moses when ever a Mav drove to the basket. They played like they had 5 fouls from the openning tipoff.

maddog42
05-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I think Denver and Memphis would beg to differ. The Thunder shut them both down pretty well.

I agree with this about 75%. The thunder are still young and many times stupid.
They go from looking like 3 time NBA champs to chumps often 1 play apart. I know many teams do this, but the Thunder really have a lot of talent. They will be better next year barring injuries. One step at a time. If they start playing more consistent ,they will be nba champs this year.

maddog42
05-20-2011, 12:33 AM
I agree with this about 75%. The thunder are still young and many times stupid.
They go from looking like 3 time NBA champs to chumps often 1 play apart. I know many teams do this, but the Thunder really have a lot of talent. They will be better next year barring injuries. One step at a time. If they start playing more consistent ,they will be nba champs this year.

They looked like 3-time nba champs tonight. Scott Brooks is a helluva coach and gutsy as hell to sit Westbrook down. I love it. I like westbrook too, but he is young and will learn to keep his cool.

Canarsie
05-20-2011, 08:24 AM
I listened to part of the game from my phone hooked up to the OKC station. Those two guys aren't bad at all I was impressed. I was glad they said the decision to back off Kidd was the right one I sort of felt vindicated.

I can't believe how much Brooks got knocked for not playing Westbrook. Didn't hear a peep about Thibodeau letting his bench play after winning. To me if you win how can you question the decision isn't that what it's all about?

Amazing how one game changes the perception of things.

cj
05-20-2011, 02:29 PM
LX97JXD0Uv0

JeremyJet
05-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah, that was an awesome jam. Durant is Pippin like. Long and sleek ... long arms ... athletic ... nice jumper ... basketball smarts. I haven't watched him enough to have an opinion on his defense. For those of you that have watched him enough, does he play good D? I knew Portland made a mistake when they passed on him in the draft.

maddog42
05-21-2011, 12:23 AM
I listened to part of the game from my phone hooked up to the OKC station. Those two guys aren't bad at all I was impressed. I was glad they said the decision to back off Kidd was the right one I sort of felt vindicated.

I can't believe how much Brooks got knocked for not playing Westbrook. Didn't hear a peep about Thibodeau letting his bench play after winning. To me if you win how can you question the decision isn't that what it's all about?

Amazing how one game changes the perception of things.

I don't keep up with basketball but I assume the Western Conference is still stronger overall and maybe with 1 or 2 teams in the East are as strong as top 6
in the west. I thought I just heard on the radio that vegas now favors the Thunder to win it all? Wow. How the mighty have fallen.

maddog42
05-21-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't keep up with basketball but I assume the Western Conference is still stronger overall and maybe with 1 or 2 teams in the East are as strong as top 6
in the west. I thought I just heard on the radio that vegas now favors the Thunder to win it all? Wow. How the mighty have fallen.
Ok I checked and vegas insider has us 5/1 to win it all behind all the other 3 teams. I don't believe this is quite fair to the Thunder. I know Dallas has the best road record in the nba, but We have homefield advantage. Dallas is probably better but they are at a disadvantage now. I took some crap from my friends about giving the Thunder a 12% chance of winning it all in a previous post, but I feel vindicated now.

maddog42
05-21-2011, 12:42 AM
This from Pregame.com:
Dallas Mavericks have cashed 15 straight games against the Vegas spread. Since at least 1995 that is the longest ATS winning streak in the NBA – no matter if you are talking regular season or playoffs. The odds of winning 15 straight against the spread are 32,768 to 1 against. Dallas has not lost even a single game ATS since 4/06/2011. 13 in a row was the prior longest ATS streak - by the Sacramento Kings between 11/6/2000 and 12/08/2000.

Well I guess the Thunder had some powerful JUJU. Because that streak came to an end.

Canarsie
05-21-2011, 08:03 AM

I'm just a fan of basketball don't have a team. But on the Bulls thread it's funny to hear their fans saying it's Thibodeau's fault for the game 2 loss. The facts are the Bulls are a below average shooting team. The 3's that were dropping in game one were off the mark in game 2. How is that the coaches fault? They had great looks just couldn't drain them.

Nowitzki will have a better game 3 though not as good as game 1. Brooks is a very good coach who doesn't get the attention he deserves. So is Carlisle the pre game strategy should make for a very entertaining chess match.

cj
05-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, that was an awesome jam. Durant is Pippin like. Long and sleek ... long arms ... athletic ... nice jumper ... basketball smarts. I haven't watched him enough to have an opinion on his defense. For those of you that have watched him enough, does he play good D? I knew Portland made a mistake when they passed on him in the draft.

He plays pretty good D, not great but pretty good. He does seem to really step it up when it is tight late.

maddog42
05-21-2011, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=cj]He plays pretty good D, not great but pretty good. He does seem to really step it up when it is tight late.[/QUOTe

Carlisle said Thunder was the best team they have faced in the playoffs. Resident expert on espn radio disagreed and said no way that the Thunder was better than LA. Ok I know it has more to do with matchups, but the lakers got swept. Thunder will win at least 2 games and probably more against Dallas. These so-called experts are a little slow on giving the thunder their due. Got to go watch The Thunder beat Dallas in Loud City.

cj
05-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Not very good tonight. It was a weird game in that both Dirk and KD stunk it up, but Dallas played well otherwise. I think Brooks has to realize that we can't play Sefalosha and Perkins at the same time. Anyone good team can stop 3 against 5.

cj's dad
05-22-2011, 12:24 AM
I watched and OKC never seemed to get into any kind of rhythm. Maybe Dallas caused that but I don't think so. Maybe OKC is simply not good enough. After all Dallas did sweep the Lakers.

cj
05-22-2011, 12:27 AM
They just had a terrible shooting night. It happens. They may win, they may not, but I wouldn't say this game was the be all and end all.

ElKabong
05-22-2011, 01:52 AM
heard one of the talkingheads say the okc starters (not named Durant) quit on the coach, making a point.....we'll see if that takes legs or not

dav4463
05-22-2011, 03:37 AM
Thunder looked flat. They had better bring it in game four. Something just wasn't right tonight. It looked like they were out of sync. It's like they were aiming their shots instead of letting it flow naturally. They looked tight and nervous.

Canarsie
05-22-2011, 08:47 AM
heard one of the talkingheads say the okc starters (not named Durant) quit on the coach, making a point.....we'll see if that takes legs or not

Missed the game last night but a comment like that is hard to fathom. Three wins away from the finals no way would they EVER do that. It's not like their a dynasty when you get the opportunity it must be seized.

So did they quit in the fourth quarter when a big run was made?

cj
05-22-2011, 01:35 PM

That is probably the dumbest thing I've seen said yet. Who exactly quit? The bench was terrible last night outside of Collison.

cj
05-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Thunder looked flat. They had better bring it in game four. Something just wasn't right tonight. It looked like they were out of sync. It's like they were aiming their shots instead of letting it flow naturally. They looked tight and nervous.

Brooks really needs to stop playing Sefalosha and Perkins together. That is just killing us. Any team can guard three guys.

sonnyp
05-22-2011, 03:08 PM
i watched the second half. after being down 20+ they got it to 5 or 6 and then just couldn't buy a hoop.

don't watch much NBA, but seems like westbrooke uses poor judgement and tries to take the game over. where was durant ?

maddog42
05-22-2011, 07:18 PM

I definitely don't think the Thunder Quit. They almost set a playoff record for fewest 3 pointers, and that was the difference in the game. They played poor defense,except on Nowitzki, in the first half.

cj
05-22-2011, 07:47 PM
I definitely don't think the Thunder Quit. They almost set a playoff record for fewest 3 pointers, and that was the difference in the game. They played poor defense,except on Nowitzki, in the first half.

I think the defense was fine. They simply didn't score. When you don't score and take bad shots, it leads to easy baskets on the other end as well.

maddog42
05-22-2011, 07:56 PM
I think the defense was fine. They simply didn't score. When you don't score and take bad shots, it leads to easy baskets on the other end as well.

Magic Johnson pointed out at half time, that Dallas shot 58% or around there. I think by definition that is not good defense. Now I know they got too many layups and easy baskets and were very hot shooting, partly because of the double team to N. Pick your poison type thing. Also Dallas played very good defense. We got virtually no transition baskets in 1st half.

cj
05-22-2011, 08:03 PM
The Thunder gave up 52 points despite playing horrendously on offense. I don't think they shot 58% and only scored 52, but I could be wrong. In any case, the pitiful offense, and it was pitiful, certainly boosted the numbers.

I'm not saying the defense was great, but it was adequate.

maddog42
05-22-2011, 10:16 PM
The Thunder gave up 52 points despite playing horrendously on offense. I don't think they shot 58% and only scored 52, but I could be wrong. In any case, the pitiful offense, and it was pitiful, certainly boosted the numbers.

I'm not saying the defense was great, but it was adequate.

I think I made a mistake. Maybe Dallas scored 58% in first quarter? Anyhow your point is well taken. We were 1 of 17 in 3point shots. Incredible. They were 43.9% from the field for the game. They were 14 of 18 from FT. We were 32 of 36 from free throw line. Why couldn't we shoot a little worse from ft line and a little better from 3pt line? When was the last time you heard of a team having an 18 point advantage in Free throws and lose the game? They made 7 3-pointers.

redshift1
05-22-2011, 11:49 PM
After watching tonights game it looks more and more like:

Dallas beats Oklahoma

Miami beats Chicago

Miami beats Dallas

ElKabong
05-23-2011, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=cj]That is probably the dumbest thing I've seen said yet. Who exactly quit? The bench was terrible last night outside of Collison.[/QUOTE

heard it on 1310am here, a nationally syndicated "sporting news radio" duo. The comment was made about an hour after the game.

I've seen worse, heard worse. Eight men out comes to mind. Iverson comes to mind. Kentucky basketball in the 50s comes to mind. Arizona State basketball at the turn of the century (Hedake Smith) comes to mind. Alydar's owners comes to mind. Willie Davis in 1975 (or was it 76) comes to mind. NBA refs comes to mind. Greg Davis' offense vs OU in the early-mid 200s come to mind. Manny Ramirez comes to mind

Lot of quitters, lot of shady stuff in sports. Nothing surprises me anymore. I don't necessarily agree with the comment made, but I won't argue with it either. OKC played uninspired basketball sat nite early on

maddog42
05-23-2011, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=cj]That is probably the dumbest thing I've seen said yet. Who exactly quit? The bench was terrible last night outside of Collison.[/QUOTE

heard it on 1310am here, a nationally syndicated "sporting news radio" duo. The comment was made about an hour after the game.

I've seen worse, heard worse. Eight men out comes to mind. Iverson comes to mind. Kentucky basketball in the 50s comes to mind. Arizona State basketball at the turn of the century (Hedake Smith) comes to mind. Alydar's owners comes to mind. Willie Davis in 1975 (or was it 76) comes to mind. NBA refs comes to mind. Greg Davis' offense vs OU in the early-mid 200s come to mind. Manny Ramirez comes to mind

Lot of quitters, lot of shady stuff in sports. Nothing surprises me anymore. I don't necessarily agree with the comment made, but I won't argue with it either. OKC played uninspired basketball sat nite early on

I take it you are from Texas. A Longhorn perhaps?

cj
05-23-2011, 07:09 PM

I was talking about this series, not that other stuff. Sorry if I was so vague. I've learned more and more with following the NBA closely how little the national media actually know about the teams.

maddog42
05-23-2011, 07:32 PM
After watching tonights game it looks more and more like:

Dallas beats Oklahoma

Miami beats Chicago

Miami beats Dallas

Realistically we were always a legitimate Dog to Dallas. I think we shocked and angered Dallas in Game 2. In Game 1 we took Dallas's best punch and still came back and made it close. Tonight will be a helluva game 4 and we will go back to Dallas probably tied. This looks like a 7 games series.
As far as Miami Chicago that too looks like a barn burner. If Chicago starts playing D again they win.

ElKabong
05-23-2011, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=ElKabong]

I take it you are from Texas. A Longhorn perhaps?

Why? The fact that I brought up Public Enemy #1 when it came to gameplanning big games until Vince took control of the team and we finally played up to our potential??? Where on earth would you get an idea like that? :cool:

He didn't call a decent "big" game until Mack gave the offense to the guys on the field- namely Vince. After 2005, I had no problem with his gameplanning. He learned from VY to not play close to the vest vs talented defenses....you attack the shit out of them.

then you attack them more....

Ou is ranked #1 in a preseason poll. I don't want to hijack a thread, plenty of time to post on that later on. The Big 8 +4 -2 is going to be a weak conf this year. The stars are lined up for the stooper to run the table

redshift1
05-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Thunder burned somebody's money tonight .....

cj
05-24-2011, 12:29 AM
The Thunder are young and need to learn to close out games obviously, but still, we were jobbed. I rarely ever blame referees but that was as bad as it gets tonight.

maddog42
05-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Never saw a team with that much talent, play so bad (texas 2010)Not just bad coaching. Bad chemistry. The last OU team under Blake was close though. I guess qb was part of it. Who will be qb this year?

maddog42
05-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Realistically we were always a legitimate Dog to Dallas. I think we shocked and angered Dallas in Game 2. In Game 1 we took Dallas's best punch and still came back and made it close. Tonight will be a helluva game 4 and we will go back to Dallas probably tied. This looks like a 7 games series.
As far as Miami Chicago that too looks like a barn burner. If Chicago starts playing D again they win.

Never saw such a collapse except by Dallas versus Miami a few years back. The Thunder took another step up the ladder this year maybe 2. The Dallas Thunder rivalry will intensify in the next few years. There is a natural animosity there.

maddog42
05-24-2011, 01:11 AM
The Thunder are young and need to learn to close out games obviously, but still, we were jobbed. I rarely ever blame referees but that was as bad as it gets tonight.
I wasn't there like you were, but from my perspective, it seemed better called than at least 2 previous games. I don't have a box score, but I know Dallas shot way more free-throws in 1st half. Durant was fouled a couple times and they ruled it a turnover. The terrible out of bounds call that the tv announcers mentioned. This game was agonizing to watch from a Thunder fans perspective.
You could see it coming. Same Idiot Refs from the game 1: breath on Dirk and we blow whistle Refs.

dav4463
05-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Dirk always gets the benefit of doubt. I've never seen a jumpshooter who goes to the line more than him!

That being said, he made some unbelievable shots and just dominated the late stretch of the 4th quarter. OKC looked lost on offense, took a lot of bad shots, and the momentum switched.

This was depressing. I can't stand Mark Cuban being happy! Man, I hope somebody knocks out the Mavs. Only two teams from Texas have titles. Let's keep it that way!

redshift1
05-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Miami will end the Mavs run .. as much as I dislike Miami

Zippy Chippy
05-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Thunder burned somebody's money tonight .....

I needed the thunder just to win (money line)

Was screaming for Brooks to take westbrook out again. The Guy is an out of control idiot.

PhantomOnTour
05-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Sefalosha took a very bad 3 with 9 secs still on the shot clock and a bit more than that on the game clock (maybe 20 secs?). The Dallas guard had slipped and Sef could have done better than taking an awkward looking jumper. OKC was up by 2 at that point.

Unless they (OKC) have something I haven't seen yet this series is over.

ceejay
05-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't watch enough basketball to know if yesterday's game was typical NBA refereeing, but it looked to me like different players have different standards for what would be called a foul. For example, If you are 7 feet tall and named "Dirk" and another player breaths on you, you are shooting free throws.

Was last night's volume level in the arena typical? It was only my 2nd time down there and it truly was deafening. I do not think that watching on TV lets the viewer truly appreciate the noise level.

cj
05-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I don't watch enough basketball to know if yesterday's game was typical NBA refereeing, but it looked to me like different players have different standards for what would be called a foul. For example, If you are 7 feet tall and named "Dirk" and another player breaths on you, you are shooting free throws.

Was last night's volume level in the arena typical? It was only my 2nd time down there and it truly was deafening. I do not think that watching on TV lets the viewer truly appreciate the noise level.

It was pretty typical for the playoffs. TV definitely blocks out the sound. I've been to sporting venues all over the world for all different sports, and nothing has been as loud as the OKC Arena.

It is very true about Dirk, but for some reason KD was given very few calls yesterday. He was blatantly hacked at least three times that not only weren't called, they led directly to baskets at the other end. Yesterday was the first time I've ever heard the "Refs you suck" chant in OKC. At one point it was 17-2 free throws and OKC were the ones being aggressive on offense.

If I were Durant I would start fighting people to draw attention to the mugging he endures every single game, and that is before he gets the ball.

cj
05-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Sefalosha took a very bad 3 with 9 secs still on the shot clock and a bit more than that on the game clock (maybe 20 secs?). The Dallas guard had slipped and Sef could have done better than taking an awkward looking jumper. OKC was up by 2 at that point.

Unless they (OKC) have something I haven't seen yet this series is over.

Sefalosha is terrible. I keep hearing what a great defender he is, and he is pretty good, but when you can't knock down wide open shots it doesn't matter. Harden fouling out was really the key to the end of the game.

maddog42
05-24-2011, 03:16 PM
It was pretty typical for the playoffs. TV definitely blocks out the sound. I've been to sporting venues all over the world for all different sports, and nothing has been as loud as the OKC Arena.

It is very true about Dirk, but for some reason KD was given very few calls yesterday. He was blatantly hacked at least three times that not only weren't called, they led directly to baskets at the other end. Yesterday was the first time I've ever heard the "Refs you suck" chant in OKC. At one point it was 17-2 free throws and OKC were the ones being aggressive on offense.

If I were Durant I would start fighting people to draw attention to the mugging he endures every single game, and that is before he gets the ball.

Cj you probably would have destroyed your TV set if you had been watching at home. The announcer said at least once what a well called game it was. When I disagreed with your earlier post about the officiating not being that bad. I should have qualified it. It WAS better than most of the earlier games, just terrible considering this is NBA Western Conference Finals. Those officials
would eject Durant Quicker than you could spit.

ceejay
05-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Yesterday was the first time I've ever heard the "Refs you suck" chant in OKC. At one point it was 17-2 free throws and OKC were the ones being aggressive on offense.

I was wondering what the crowd was yelling. Where I come from, it would have been something far less polite.

Maybe NBA teams need to follow the NHL model and have a designated enforcer who you don't really care if he is kicked out :lol: . You know that scrawny guy who plays for the Mavericks (I never caught his name) would have gotten his.

cj
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Cj you probably would have destroyed your TV set if you had been watching at home. The announcer said at least once what a well called game it was. When I disagreed with your earlier post about the officiating not being that bad. I should have qualified it. It WAS better than most of the earlier games, just terrible considering this is NBA Western Conference Finals. Those officials
would eject Durant Quicker than you could spit.

You will never really hear much about officiating on television. The only people that cover it any more are ESPN and NBA TV, both of which have financial reasons not to talk about it. They will if it is so bad it can't be avoided, but that is about it.

PhantomOnTour
05-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Sefalosha is terrible. I keep hearing what a great defender he is, and he is pretty good, but when you can't knock down wide open shots it doesn't matter. Harden fouling out was really the key to the end of the game.
Yep...I've been impressed with him in the postseason. He went out with around 4 1/2mins to go in the game and OKC immediately hit the skids.
Man did they blow a big lead though.

Canarsie
05-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Call me crazy but I see OKC putting out a major effort tonight and bringing this to at least a game six. It's been a learning experience for them and they are a very young team.

Question for the OKC fans on Perkins. National media is saying the trade really didn't help either team as anticipated. Does the local scribes or fans feel the same way? Of course they are only saying this because their down 3-1 typical how it is these days.

cj
05-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Call me crazy but I see OKC putting out a major effort tonight and bringing this to at least a game six. It's been a learning experience for them and they are a very young team.

Question for the OKC fans on Perkins. National media is saying the trade really didn't help either team as anticipated. Does the local scribes or fans feel the same way? Of course they are only saying this because their down 3-1 typical how it is these days.

Perkins will be fine, but he is still slowed from surgery. Dallas is a bad match up for him, though the recent talk did seem to inspire him last game.

maddog42
05-26-2011, 11:58 PM

The local media have been very positive about Perkins. Most of them realize he is playing at about 75% because of injury. He brings a toughness to this team, and most believe his impact does not show up on stat sheets. Some of the national perception about OKC is that we are soft, whatever that means.Perkins makes us less soft. I guess making it to the nba equivalent to the final 4 makes us the 4th toughest team in the league. Although we are a young team, we lack a certain toughness and experience will solve most of that. I personally think we might be one piece short of an NBA title. Wait till next year.....

maddog42
05-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Perkins will be fine, but he is still slowed from surgery. Dallas is a bad match up for him, though the recent talk did seem to inspire him last game.

Al Eschbach on the Sports Animal radio show said that Sefalosha claimed to only be about 70% in the last couple games. Why was he starting? He certainly was not playing as good defense as usual. I wonder why they didn't start Harden instead ?