PDA

View Full Version : BBC finds plenty of skeptics regarding OBL

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2011, 04:01 AM
Look hcap...more "Deathers" :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13329078

These guys must be sum o' dem redneck racist Tea Baggers you're always flapping your gums about...they don't believe Obama is telling the truth... :lol:

hcap
05-10-2011, 05:43 AM

These guys must be sum o' dem redneck racist Tea Baggers you're always flapping your gums about...they don't believe Obama is telling the truth... :lol:It's on;y a matter of tome before they start a "Issue That Won't Die" thread here. And you, Tom and the usual suspects start posing in Pakistani and calling for nuking India.

rastajenk
05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Michael Moore's a Deather. Isn't he on your side in most matters?

Tom
05-10-2011, 10:51 AM
We need a poll.

Greyfox
05-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Osama bin Laden is deader than a door nail.

I have another question though about the "official explanation."

In reports that I've read, bin Laden was shot as there was a rifle near him.
There was also a fear that he might be wired like a suicide bomber. Fair enough.

However, it seems to me that if some people burst into my house and a 40 minute fire fight was taking place, I'd pick up the rifle and have it ready when anyone burst through the door. Why didn't he??:confused:
Oh I suppose silencers could be on the guns, but surely with over 20 people in the house you would think someone would knock on my door and let me know there was a fire fight going on below. For those reasons I don't quite buy the official party line.

It's too bad they didn't bring him back alive. Some water boarding in Gitmo might have brought troves of information out of that rat. Oh...I forgot Obama banned water boarding. (Personally I think water boarding got this whole operation started with the information it gleaned.)

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2011, 11:15 AM
It's on;y a matter of tome before they start a "Issue That Won't Die" thread here. And you, Tom and the usual suspects start posing in Pakistani and calling for nuking India.Hey man, way to go. I have NEVER once advocated for nuking ANY country, but there you go again, putting words in my mouth and lumping me in with everyone else.

Way to address the video...so what were all those people interviewed? Liars? They live there. They weren't jumping down screaming "death to America." They weren't burning American flags. Maybe you are biased against Pakastanis? Are they not credible eyewitnesses in your mind?

Mind you I haven't presented ANY opinion on the above video, so don't go putting words in my mouth like you usually do. I only present the above BBC video (foreign news sources used to be a favorite of the anti-Bush crowd, remember hcap?) for discussion.

DJofSD
05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-us-pakistan-20110510,0,4688802.story?track=rss

"Pakistan reserves the right to retaliate with full force," Gilani said. "No one should underestimate the resolve and capability of our nation and armed forces to defend our sacred homeland."

There ya go, hcap, some more fodder for you. Enjoy!

hcap
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey man, way to go. I have NEVER once advocated for nuking ANY country, but there you go again, putting words in my mouth and lumping me in with everyone else.

Ok, I will amend that to Tom. Indiscriminate nuking of women and children. Is that acceptable according that extinct cop show? Talk about OBSCENE.

Way to address the video...so what were all those people interviewed? Liars? They live there. They weren't jumping down screaming "death to America." They weren't burning American flags. Maybe you are biased against Pakastanis? Are they not credible eyewitnesses in your mind?

You are kidding aren't you" Talk about stretch and spin :rolleyes:

Mind you I haven't presented ANY opinion on the above video, so don't go putting words in my mouth like you usually do. I only present the above BBC video (foreign news sources used to be a favorite of the anti-Bush crowd, remember hcap?) for discussion.

No opinion other than Obama is the equivalent of Bush and deserves the same :bang: :bang: :bang:

You know this situation is a bit different than
collateral damage during RUMMY/CHENEY time

So maybe we should have asked those Pakistanis before we pulled the trigger, and why aren't they posting here? They will fit right in.

hcap
05-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Michael Moore's a Deather. Isn't he on your side in most matters?I missed the link. Where did Moore say he was a Deather?

DJofSD
05-10-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/michael-moore-tweets

TJDave
05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe you are biased against Pakastanis? Are they not credible eyewitnesses in your mind?

Who doesn't think that?

hcap
05-10-2011, 04:50 PM
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/michael-moore-tweets
Never said OBL wasn't dead.

Spiderman
05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=Greyfox]Osama bin Laden is deader than a door nail.

I have another question though about the "official explanation."

In reports that I've read, bin Laden was shot as there was a rifle near him.
There was also a fear that he might be wired like a suicide bomber. Fair enough.

However, it seems to me that if some people burst into my house and a 40 minute fire fight was taking place, [b]

The entire operation, from landing choppers to liftoff was 40 minutes. Could be that obl was tagged within 5 minutes.

I think someone asked my question in another thread, but here goes: Forty minutes, choppers landing with one crashing, bullets firing and general commotion - where were the cops or someone from the nearby military complex?

bigmack
05-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Never said OBL wasn't dead.
You read through a pile of Mickey Moore's tweets? :lol:

Did you find it riveting material?

hcap
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
You read through a pile of Mickey Moore's tweets? :lol:

Did you find it riveting material?I am still waiting foe where Moore says OBL is not dead. Maybe you guys need a long form and perhaps you and mentor boxcar can take up the slack on whwther or not OBL lives with the fishes. :) :)

DJofSD
05-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Riveting? You mean, like this (http://www.flixster.com/photos/cleavon-little-blazing-saddles-sheriff-bart-likes-to-keep-his-audience-riveted-10232579) ?

highnote
05-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Stratfor.com had a piece about OBL's death today. They make the point that the White House is intentionally releasing different and conflicting stories in order to keep the methods they used to storm the compound secret. They don't the U.S. military secrets to be understood by enemies.

There is a lot of logic to that line of reasoning.

If they release a false story about the mission then in the future the enemy will try to defend against the false tactic.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Stratfor.com had a piece about OBL's death today. They make the point that the White House is intentionally releasing different and conflicting stories in order to keep the methods they used to storm the compound secret. They don't the U.S. military secrets to be understood by enemies.

There is a lot of logic to that line of reasoning.

If they release a false story about the mission then in the future the enemy will try to defend against the false tactic.

I sure am hoping they aren't giving away our methods. I'm willing to accept some of it, but most importantly, I'm fully accepting that Osama bin Laden is truly dead, regarad less of means or circumstances. When his enemy declares him dead and is fully satisfied (by DNA testing, we're assured), so that is something one can accept with full faith.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2011, 09:13 PM
BTW, it is now apparent the helicopter did not crash under enemy fire...instead, it crashed because the tail rotor (innovative and stealthy looking) was reported to have clipped part of the compound...

And now the Chinese are requesting to have a look at this never-before-seen stealth machine...that kind of sucks...

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2011, 09:16 PM
I am still waiting foe where Moore says OBL is not dead.I don't think anyone else here is claiming OBL is not dead either. If there is any question in my mind, it's when he actually died, not if...

Although I wouldn't rule out he's being held somewhere secretly and undergoing all sorts of interrogation. That certainly would have been the smart thing to do given he's the leader of one of the most feared terrorist organizations on Earth.

Can I ask an obvious question here? Why in the world would we kill OBL? Especially when it's now reported he was unarmed and also given the fact our forces on the ground encountered ZERO casualties...meaning they weren't putting up much if any resistance?

Isn't a no-brainer to try and get this guy somewhere and interrogate the shit out of him for months and years? I hope that's what they are doing...I hope they didn't kill the bastard and dump him in the sea an hour later...that makes absolutely ZERO sense.

maddog42
05-10-2011, 09:18 PM

These guys must be sum o' dem redneck racist Tea Baggers you're always flapping your gums about...they don't believe Obama is telling the truth... :lol:

I may not be very politically savvy, and I know we get lied to a lot, but I put the odds of Osama being alive at less than .1%. Maybe less.

bigmack
05-10-2011, 11:33 PM
I am still waiting foe where Moore says OBL is not dead.
The thought of you poised & at the ready to defend the mind of Mike is a well made martini all its own. Thanks again for another glimpse into the nutty world of you.

newtothegame
05-10-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't think anyone else here is claiming OBL is not dead either. If there is any question in my mind, it's when he actually died, not if...

Although I wouldn't rule out he's being held somewhere secretly and undergoing all sorts of interrogation. That certainly would have been the smart thing to do given he's the leader of one of the most feared terrorist organizations on Earth.

Can I ask an obvious question here? Why in the world would we kill OBL? Especially when it's now reported he was unarmed and also given the fact our forces on the ground encountered ZERO casualties...meaning they weren't putting up much if any resistance?

Isn't a no-brainer to try and get this guy somewhere and interrogate the shit out of him for months and years? I hope that's what they are doing...I hope they didn't kill the bastard and dump him in the sea an hour later...that makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Mike, You bring up some valid questions.....especially in light of the stories and contradictions which have come forth so far from this administration.
I would think...if given the scenario that this guy is alive and in our custody, that we as a country would need to say he is dead. The outcries (not that I would personally care) would be much greater then what we have seen. Having him "dead" sends a definite message.
I too would love to see him being interrogated to no end for the rest of his miserable life in some dark, cold, damp place. It would be a much better ending then a bullet above the left eye and one in the chest.

riskman
05-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I don't think anyone else here is claiming OBL is not dead either. If there is any question in my mind, it's when he actually died, not if...

Your post makes a lot of sense.The US says it wants to interrogate OBL wives, who are in Pakistani custody. If information about bin Laden is wanted, why didn’t the U.S. grab the unarmed OBL and take him away for interrogation? He then should have been sent for trial at the UN International Criminal Court in the Hague, as a mass murderer.
OBL's decade-long US jihad has cost American taxpayers somewere in the area of $1.300 trillion, and left the U.S. stuck in 2 wars. OBL's goal of bankrupting and bleeding the US. is well on its way thanks to 2 wars and lot of help from Wall Street’s flim flam artists.
Since the death photos will not be released, what about a photo of OBL alive before a bullet was put in his head. I remember reading somewhere that some sort of facial imaging was performed to confirm that it was in fact OBL before they wasted him.Could be wrong on this point. I for one would be more satisfied if the US had paraded bin Laden's body before the cameras and brought him back to the US for forensic testing. Instead the U.S.dropped the world's most wanted terrorist into the sea? Hard to figure all of this, but I am sure it is much more complicated than this scenario and we will never know the entire story.

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2011, 03:56 AM
The more you think about it, the more stupid the official story becomes.

I mean, seriously...when you think about what actually happened...had BUSH done this, the left-leaners would be UP IN ARMS and you KNOW this is a fact.

The whole thing stinks, whether it's fact or fiction.

Bush's military found Saddam Hussein ARMED and they didn't shoot him dead on the spot.

I think the opposition to Obama has a serious angle they can play here...questioning Obama's competence as commander-in-chief in his dealing with OBL.

How do you just KILL such a TREASURE TROVE of terrorist information like OBL? Especially when he was NOT armed, and he and his men, by all accounts, were NOT resisting all that much (NO CASUALTIES on our side, except one downed helicopter that apparently went down because of pilot error).

It makes absolutely zero sense why OBL wasn't cuffed and whisked away on a chopper to nowhere. What idiot came up with this PLAN?

Here is the leader of al-Qaeda...he knows where all the bodies as well as the bombs are buried...he knows about finances and contacts and sleeper cells and sympathetic leaders and media outlets and ALL THIS OTHER STUFF that nobody else knows....he's standing there, unarmed...the rest of the house offers not much in the way of resistance that our forces can easily handle...

And we shoot him dead...bye bye potential WEALTH of information...yeah...just shoot him dead and dump his body into the sea...makes a helluva lot of sense to me...NOT.

Leon Panetta was roundly criticized before he assumed his position as head of the CIA, as was Obama before he assumed his position as CIC.

Now I see why.

BTW, the "Osama Bump" for Obama's approval ratings was short lived boys...what is it down to now? +3 ticks?

JustRalph
05-11-2011, 04:07 AM
I have read that they had him under surveillance since August 2010. You can kill him with no remorse, if you already know all of his secrets.

Interesting questions though........

bigmack
05-11-2011, 04:55 AM
I really don't get this overanalysis of his death.

His role in the Afghan conflict with the Soviets was overblown. His role in 9/11 was overblown. His death, and its circumstances, are COMPLETELY overblown.

Charles Manson was a supposed monster who "masterminded" killings. 'Masterminded', such a media driven concept. Dumb turd is hangin' in a CA prison with a swastika tattooed on his head.

Like Chuckie, OBL was a mere turd. He had loot from his family. Loot can buy no shortage of dumb shits willing to do nefarious things.

How 'bout them White Sox?

Tom
05-11-2011, 07:51 AM
The most ridiculous thing about it is some here supported shooting him dead but opposed water boarding him! :lol::lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2011, 10:38 AM
I really don't get this overanalysis of his death.

His role in the Afghan conflict with the Soviets was overblown. His role in 9/11 was overblown. His death, and its circumstances, are COMPLETELY overblown.

Charles Manson was a supposed monster who "masterminded" killings. 'Masterminded', such a media driven concept. Dumb turd is hangin' in a CA prison with a swastika tattooed on his head.

Like Chuckie, OBL was a mere turd. He had loot from his family. Loot can buy no shortage of dumb shits willing to do nefarious things.

How 'bout them White Sox?Everything you state, I definitely agree with. In principle. :lol:

FantasticDan
05-11-2011, 10:51 AM
BTW, the "Osama Bump" for Obama's approval ratings was short lived boys...what is it down to now? +3 ticks?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110511/ap_on_re_us/us_ap_poll_obama_boost

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2011, 11:06 AM
I guess I misread the headline yesterday on marketwatch.com

In any event, he certainly needed a bump, because I doubt the economy is going to be helping him out anytime soon.

mostpost
05-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Hey man, way to go. I have NEVER once advocated for nuking ANY country, but there you go again, putting words in my mouth and lumping me in with everyone else.

They were people who believed what they need to believe, just as the birthers in this country believe what they need to believe.
They are not credible eyewitnesses, because they were not eyewitnesses. They are people in a marketplace. Unless the marketplace was located inside bin Laden's compound they have no more credibility than you or I.

mostpost
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
The more you think about it, the more stupid the official story becomes.

I mean, seriously...when you think about what actually happened...had BUSH done this, the left-leaners would be UP IN ARMS and you KNOW this is a fact.
Bush could have taken bin Laden out at Tora Bora and did not. In fact he ordered our troops away. Bush deactivated the military/CIA force charged with finding and killing bin Laden. Obama reauthorized it and did kill bin Laden
Also you need to learn the difference between a fact and a conjecture. If Bush had killed bin Laden in the same way as Obama and left leaners had criticized him for it, then you could say it was a fact. None of those things happened, so you are only assuming you know what the reaction would have been.

The whole thing stinks, whether it's fact or fiction.

Bush's military found Saddam Hussein ARMED and they didn't shoot him dead on the spot.
Saddam Hussein was in Iraq. We were in Iraq with the blessing of the Iraqi government. We turned Saddam over to the Iraqis for trial in their courts.
There was little doubt what the outcome of the trial would be.

bin Laden was hiding in a country (Pakistan) in which their was a great deal of doubt as to what would have happened to him if we turned him over to them.

And it becomes a much riskier operation if those involved are given a mission plan with too many options.

I think the opposition to Obama has a serious angle they can play here...questioning Obama's competence as commander-in-chief in his dealing with OBL.
I think the opposition to Obama does not care if they have a serious angle they can play. I have seen dozens of nonsense angles on this forum which they have not hesitated to employ.

How do you just KILL such a TREASURE TROVE of terrorist information like OBL? Especially when he was NOT armed, and he and his men, by all accounts, were NOT resisting all that much (NO CASUALTIES on our side, except one downed helicopter that apparently went down because of pilot error).

It makes absolutely zero sense why OBL wasn't cuffed and whisked away on a chopper to nowhere. What idiot came up with this PLAN?

Here is the leader of al-Qaeda...he knows where all the bodies as well as the bombs are buried...he knows about finances and contacts and sleeper cells and sympathetic leaders and media outlets and ALL THIS OTHER STUFF that nobody else knows....he's standing there, unarmed...the rest of the house offers not much in the way of resistance that our forces can easily handle...

And we shoot him dead...bye bye potential WEALTH of information...yeah...just shoot him dead and dump his body into the sea...makes a helluva lot of sense to me...NOT.

Why do you believe he knows all this stuff? Aren't organizations like Al Qaeda always set up so that no one person knows too much? Bin Laden's value to Al Qaeda was as a symbol. Don't you think that Al Qaeda had a plan if bin Laden were captured? Don't you think they would change every thing in that case.

Leon Panetta was roundly criticized before he assumed his position as head of the CIA, as was Obama before he assumed his position as CIC.

Now I see why.

sixty percent.

Greyfox
05-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Comment by mostpost:

"Saddam Hussein was in Iraq. We were in Iraq with the blessing of the Iraqi government."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You make it sound like Iraq invited the troops to come into the country and play hide and seek with Saddam with the Governments blessing. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's a classic distortion. For cripes sake Saddam was the Government until he was chased into a rabbit hole.:lol:

mostpost
05-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Comment by mostpost:

"Saddam Hussein was in Iraq. We were in Iraq with the blessing of the Iraqi government."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You make it sound like Iraq invited the troops to come into the country and play hide and seek with Saddam with the Governments blessing. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's a classic distortion. For cripes sake Saddam was the Government until he was chased into a rabbit hole.:lol:
I know we were not invited in by the Iraqi government at the time of the invasion. At the time we captured Saddam we were there with the approval of the government. We captured Saddam with the approval of the Iraqi government. My statement was perfectly correct.

Rookies
05-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I know we were not invited in by the Iraqi government at the time of the invasion. At the time we captured Saddam we were there with the approval of the government. We captured Saddam with the approval of the Iraqi government. My statement was perfectly correct.

Holding serve well in this normal, daily, anti Obama, gotcha' game, Mosty! :ThmbUp:

All your statements on solid ground, as far as I'm concerned.

Greyfox
05-11-2011, 04:08 PM

Your statement was perfectly correct, except it also committed a "sin of omission." In effect, someone without full knowledge of history would have been quite misled. (For example, someone who was 6 in 2001 who is 15 or 16 today could have easily misinterpreted it.)
Also, if the troops had caught Saddam on their first day in Baghdad, before an interim Government was set up, he would have ultimately received the same fate. And...that interim Government was in no position to not give their blessing.

I'm more inclined to agree with your points that who knows what bin Laden's fate would have been if he were turned over to Pakistanis or perhaps the World Court.

Greyfox
05-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Correction: Rather than be accused of being a revisionist myself, be it noted the second Iraq War was started in 2003. The type of person that I am talking about would be 13 or 14 today.

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Holding serve? What nonsense. Mostpost is doing nothing but distorting my words...accusing me of doing things I have never done.

And another thing. When people post the FULL TEXT of copyrighted material from now on, I will not go through the trouble of editing the post down and finding the link, and I instruct all the mods to follow my lead.

You'd think after 10+ years of this, people would get the message.

From now on, such posts and replies will simply be deleted.

mostpost
05-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Holding serve? What nonsense. Mostpost is doing nothing but distorting my words...accusing me of doing things I have never done.

Where did I distort your words in this thread or in any thread?

mostpost
05-11-2011, 08:41 PM

And another thing. When people post the FULL TEXT of copyrighted material from now on, I will not go through the trouble of editing the post down and finding the link, and I instruct all the mods to follow my lead.

Here is the link to Redshift's Washpost article.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-if-bin-laden-had-been-captured-not-killed-an-alternate-history/2011/05/05/AFl7EO8F_story.html

And here are a few excerpts to keep everyone happy.

“He said” — the interpreter shook his head in disbelief — “‘I surrender.’ ”

and.
Yes, actually,” Obama said. “I wish someone had pushed that bastard out of the helicopter seven months ago.”

highnote
05-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Not sure if I'm changing the direction of this topic, but rather than start a new thread, I'll post this quote from a Yahoo article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110511/ts_yblog_thelookout/bin-laden-family-condemns-killing-while-wife-says-one-son-escaped

In a statement, bin Laden's sons questioned why their father "was not arrested and tried in a court of law so that the truth is revealed to the people of the world." It is not known how many of bin Laden's numerous sons (there are believed to be as many as 17) endorsed the statement.

I actually agree with bin Laden's son. Why couldn't he have been tried in a court. I'd like to hear the testimony. I know we've read in the news and seen and heard news reports that bin Laden was behind 9/11. I would like to know the details and hear his side of the story. I understand that there are different rules in war than in normal times, but still, war criminals do sometimes get tried.

"We maintain that arbitrary killing is not a solution to political problems," the statement continued, adding that "justice must be seen to be done."

Not sure this was an arbitrary killing, but I agree arbitrary is not a solution to a political problem. Of course, that didn't stop people from arbitrarily killing Benazir Bhutto.

President Obama has rejected suggestions that the killing was improper, telling "60 Minutes" that anyone who questioned whether bin Laden deserved his fate "needs to have their head examined."

I disagreed with Obama when I heard him say this on the 60 Minutes interview. I would think that the Pope and perhaps the Dalai Lama might question whether or not bin Laden deserved his fate. I question whether or not he deserved his fate.

Look, Charles Manson may have directed his followers to kill people, but he didn't kill anyone and he still lives in prison. There are probably a lot of people who think Manson deserved the death penalty. However, I think he is probably psychotic and therefore not guilty by reason of insanity. Perhaps bin Laden should have been found guilty by reason of insanity? Who knows? We will never know because he never had to stand trial.

Last, there are probably a lot of good counter arguments. These are just my opinions, not my convictions. I might easily change my mind if a persuasive argument is made contrary to mine.

-----

Addendum:

One more thing -- just found this after searching "who was the mastermind behind 9/11"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/14/us/14terror.html

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration said Friday that it would prosecute Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the self-described mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, in a Manhattan federal courtroom, a decision that ignited a sharp political debate but took a step toward resolving one of the most pressing terrorism detention issues.

So if Khalid was the mastermind behind 9/11 was he put to death?

Was bin Laden's role that of the head of Al Qaeda? I think bin Laden was behind some attacks on a U.S. embassy -- is that correct? If so, then as an enemy combatant, he probably got what he deserved. So perhaps Obama is correct. As I said, I can easily be pursuaded to change my mind with a good argument or when presented with new facts.

highnote
05-11-2011, 11:04 PM
It's funny... some accounts say bin Laden denies he was behind the 911 attacks and other accounts say he takes credit for them.

So which is it?

NY Times says Khalid was the mastermind.

Are there more than one mastermind behind the attacks?

Tom
05-11-2011, 11:40 PM
He is fish poop.
That is a good thing.

Too bad we let any of his sons live.

redshift1
05-11-2011, 11:54 PM

My mistake..... was unaware of the rules regarding reproducing full articles..
will use links in the future. I thought if you listed the source it was fine.

highnote
05-11-2011, 11:56 PM
He is fish poop.

Is he? Most people don't believe anything Obama says. Why believe this?

I don't know anything about his sons. He had between 20 and 26 children. Assuming 1/2 were sons, what did his 10-13 sons do to deserve to die?

Greyfox
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM

The son that said he would like to have seen his Dad tried in a court of law was a pacifist who completely rejected his father's ideology long ago and told him so.
He wrote the book "Growing Up bin Laden."

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2011, 03:12 AM
My mistake..... was unaware of the rules regarding reproducing full articles..
will use links in the future. I thought if you listed the source it was fine.A link + a paragraph or two to convey a meaning is all that is allowed under copyright law. And some copyright holders don't even agree with that interpretration.

highnote
05-12-2011, 10:35 AM
A link + a paragraph or two to convey a meaning is all that is allowed under copyright law. And some copyright holders don't even agree with that interpretration.

You have to read the copyright notice on the page your pasting from. Stratfor, for example, allows you to post the entire piece, but you have to post their copyright notice and a link to their site.

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2011, 11:15 AM
You have to read the copyright notice on the page your pasting from. Stratfor, for example, allows you to post the entire piece, but you have to post their copyright notice and a link to their site.And that's why I have never edited or deleted a post from Stratfor

Tom
05-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Even then, a link and a paragraph means a lot cleaner thread - long, long posts tend to make threads uninviting, like repeated long quotes.

JMO