PDA

View Full Version : Laura de Seroux Fired

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2003, 11:50 PM
She loses all Paulson stock, including Azeri (if she comes back).

He is now going with 2 trainers, Michael Matz and Bill Mott....

Story here:

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=39329&subsec=2

JustRalph
10-29-2003, 12:18 AM
Sounds like he wanted another horse of the year, and he thought the road to HOY ran through the Whitney...........or it ran through some of the big "Boys"

I doubt she has anything to worry about. They are probably lining up owners as I write this. :cool:

tanda
10-29-2003, 11:33 AM
She did run a chickens$%t campaign with her. Same races with weak fields.

Why did they bring her back to whip up on the West Coast girls in boring, predictable fashion? The campaign contributed very little to her career or broodmare value. And she choose not to run against boys so she could get to the Breeders' Cup and that did not even work out. Might as well run against the boys.

delayjf
10-29-2003, 12:49 PM
There was another post on this issue and somebody had a link to a chat line were she got on line and addressed the issue of facing the boys. She had valid points, that almost all fillies and Mares that faced the boys on dirt never got back to their original level of competition. It simple took that much out of them.

Just looking at her speed figures, she would not have been competitive with the boys anyway. If thats why she was fired, Then Paulsons is acting like the spoiled kid that he probably is.
If he had a pair, he could have overrode the trainer and forced De Seroux to run in the Whitney or the BC.

Kentucky Bred
10-29-2003, 10:14 PM
Reportedly de Seroux was not the most diplomatic trainer on the backstretch. Her husband is Emmanuel de Seroux, a renoun bloodstock agent who represents a ton of European and especially French stock. She will find some owners for sure.

But she says that Azeri wasn't right. I watched her on the TVG "Works" show prop a few times before turning in another brilliant work. The trainer said that was totally out of character for her. I have to believe her. Everyone knew she was on course for the BCup.

Later she said that a leg injury was beginning to happen. If she was right, she was robbed.

Kentucky Bred

lsbets
10-30-2003, 07:41 AM
All she does is win 14 out of 16 races and HOY with the horse, and she gets fired. Paulson must be hanging out with Steinbrenner. As far as running against top males, she was not fast enough to do it. There is a big difference between 4 YO male and females. Early in the 3YO year, very possible, little difference, but 4 and up - huge difference. She would have been crushed, and what would that have done to the horses spirit? What kind of damage would that have done? Alan Paulson Steinbrenner.