PDA

View Full Version : Horseracing clothing??

sq764
10-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Anyone know where to find reasonably priced horseracing polos, t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc??

I do check ebay and catch some things on occasion, but for the most part I cannot find a lot out there. Since I wear polo shirts almost everyday to work, it would be nice to have a full lineup of horseracing shirts..

Any thoughts would be appreciated..

JustRalph
10-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Sq.... I find that it is hard to find any real good horse racing stuff...... but I know somebody who is considering building a website dedicated to Horse Racing stuff, shirts, hats etc......the problem is the inventory is not there. he is going to have to create or at least have created most of the inventory.

He wants me to help out. He is kind of gun shy that it won't do enough business because there won't be enough interest. I am trying to persuade him to go with it. We shall see...... if there is a market for the stuff..... we might get it done.

I would love to hear from the users of this board on whether they would go for it........or make purchases....etc.......

trying2win
10-29-2003, 01:46 AM
SQ,

--Many years ago at our home track of Northlands Park, I bought the odd harness racing jacket at a reasonable price.

--Unfortunately, later on due to inflation, greed or both,the prices of their merchandise got too high. After awhile, I guess they weren't selling enough stuff (I wonder why?), so they did away with the merchandise stand.

-- A racing fan can still get the merchandise at Northlands Park, but the method has changed. Now there are only two ways to get Northlands Park jackets or baseball caps (I have a few of the caps). It involves earning points on your TAB account, or winning some racetrack clothing on give-away stake race days.

--Oops! I forgot there is a way to get a nice Northlands Park polo shirt. Only problem is, you have to be an employee! Hmm...maybe I'll have to lobby the racing manager to add the polo shirts to the points program.

--Do other racetracks sell clothing at a merchandise stand, or is it the same thing...i.e. the only way to get the racetrack clothing is through earning points on your TAB account?

Trying2win