PDA

View Full Version : Derby prices come up light?

Producer
05-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I had the .50 tri and thought for sure I would collect atleast $2000 for it. $988 with a 21-1 on top and the favorite out of the money is not very good in a 19 horse field with millions in the pool.

The big brown tri was about the same and that was with a 5-2 on top.

I guess all the serious bettors knew DI wasn't doing well and Nehro and MMM figured in the money for sure. I'm still highly disappointed by the payoff.

What do you guys think?

Rapid Grey
05-07-2011, 09:56 PM
For a 10 horse field the exacta paid what it normally would....win price X place price of runner up, for a 19 horse field it was light, same for the tri. Super seemed about right.

Figure the smart money hammered the closers after watching the earlier dirt races and AK and Nehro were two of the best and were drawn outside to avoid trouble. I keyed Nehro but only used AK in a couple of saver bets.

lamboguy
05-07-2011, 10:17 PM
how about the smarrt money knew that dialed in was no good? take that horse out of the race and the tricks paid more than fair.

on the face of things though if dialed in was a good horse horse then the result would have brought higher prices.

your only beef is if spent money on dialed in on your tickets. i think nick zito should be ordered to refund the public all their money on his horse. he litterally cheated them out of it.

OFFandRUNNING10
05-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I was also disappointed when I checked my payouts. I thought for sure it would be higher. I was definitely taken back.

Irish Boy
05-07-2011, 10:27 PM
The sorts of people betting on jockeys weren't playing exotics.

GatetoWire
05-07-2011, 10:43 PM
AK was a big buzz horse after his work last Sat.
I hit the Oaks Derby double and thought it was a little light at $345.

If Akienite does not blow up my pick 3's and pick 4's it would have been a really great day.

trackrat59
05-07-2011, 10:44 PM
They were short payouts.

I think serious players had about 8 horses they had to consider. The payouts tell the story. If you follow a couple of forums like this one and paid close attention to the clocker reports from CD for the past two weeks it was not that crazy to come up with the top four horses.

Not saying I cashed anything. Nehro killed me. I had to toss someone so there went Nehro. When I finally saw him in the post parade I thought :bang:

But yeah, the payouts for the trip and super were low.

Producer
05-07-2011, 10:59 PM
how about the smarrt money knew that dialed in was no good? take that horse out of the race and the tricks paid more than fair.

on the face of things though if dialed in was a good horse horse then the result would have brought higher prices.

your only beef is if spent money on dialed in on your tickets. i think nick zito should be ordered to refund the public all their money on his horse. he litterally cheated them out of it.

I figured that about Dialed in, hence the reason I said basically the same thing you just did in my original post. Either way, I thought it would still pay much more with AK on top. Nehro finishing 2nfd is what drove the price down, I believe, because he was the obvious key horse to finish in the money but not win. Still disappointing I thought.

InTheRiver68
05-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I agree. 20:1 on top in a 19-horse field, favorite out of the triple, I expected the tri to pay about twice what it did.

- InTheRiver68

Producer
05-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Speaking of payoffs..

I live in south Florida and went to Calder today to watch the derby. A guy made a 25k bet on Animal Kingdom to win through the same teller I always use. So, i guess the word was out on this horse to people in the know. It just wasn't reflected with all the dumb money in the win pool. #3 and #7 took so much dumb money just because it was Calvin and a female jockey.