PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom

CryingForTheHorses
05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Wow congrats to Team Valor with the great victory in the KD derby.

Nacumi
05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Congratulations to Graham Motion, on a wonderful day, with a second in the Woodford with Mr. Strawbridge's Smart Bid, backed up by his first Derby win!
Animal Kingdom, sired by a stone turf miler, from a German mare, influenced by stayer after stayer on the dam's side...gotta love the new American dirt racing! ;)

098poi
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM
I saw this pic on the web last week and was struck by the muscles. Then I thought ahhh the camera just caught the right moment.

Hammerhead
05-07-2011, 07:17 PM
My Best Horse only because of the name to fit my rescue animals and my landlady who does the same thing. Sorry folks I have seen to many homeless animals to try and wager on anything else. ;)

onefast99
05-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Wow congrats to Team Valor with the great victory in the KD derby.
They did have a great win but the comments made by one of the connections after the race were uncalled for. There was no need for that owner to call the previous trainer and other trainers liars.

point given
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
They did have a great win but the comments made by one of the connections after the race were uncalled for. There was no need for that owner to call the previous trainer and other trainers liars.

I thought it wass refreshingly honest, not your usual ass kissing froth.

JustRalph
05-07-2011, 10:43 PM

well, now that you put it that way, I am with you......

Ass Kissing Froth!! That's great ! :ThmbUp:

onefast99
05-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Not a good way to celebrate the win. It had nothing to do with the win or the past trainer.

OntheRail
05-08-2011, 01:35 PM
We don't know WHAT he was basing the statement on... But I'm sure it is correct from his point of view.

We need more honest to god truth in the game... and less forth as another put it.

Relwob Owner
05-08-2011, 01:53 PM

I agree with you here....where others see it as "refreshing" and "honest", I see it as classless.....I dont like the usual ass kissing post race comments either and am all for honesty at times, but dont feel like this was the place for it. There were so many positives about the win to talk about and I think it would have been best to leave out any negative things.

Stillriledup
05-08-2011, 03:07 PM

I disagree. Racing and their lapdog media often brush things under the rug. TVG for example will keep smiling, laughing and interviewing Douglas O'Neill rather than ask him about Burna Dette, his many drug overages or other stuff that puts him in a bad light. This is not what we need. We need a racing version of TMZ to put the cheaters out on the carpet and flog them.

Tom
05-08-2011, 04:13 PM
well, now that you put it that way, I am with you......

Ass Kissing Froth!! That's great ! :ThmbUp:

Conjures up a cool visual, too! :D

Greyfox
05-08-2011, 04:22 PM

:ThmbUp: I agree. It was completely out of spirit with the moment and tasteless.

PaceAdvantage
05-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Not a good way to celebrate the win. It had nothing to do with the win or the past trainer.Yes it did. Spun a different way, it was a complement to Mr. Motion.

Sugar Ron
05-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Well, good to see another horse which prepared on superior surfaces (syn, grass) and is actually bred to race over a real distance of ground take down a big dirt contest.

eastie
05-09-2011, 10:00 AM
anyone remember seeing his gallop out after the spiral ? it was posted up here and i can't find it anywhere

Badactor
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
2011 Kentucky Derby winner: ANIMAL KINGDOM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/UpInClass/OZshots/AnimalKingdomDerby137winner.jpg
More photos from Derby Week @ http://upinclass.blogspot.com/

FenceBored
05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Well, good to see another horse which prepared on superior surfaces (syn, grass) and is actually bred to race over a real distance of ground take down a big dirt contest.

BmjHT5GpAYQ

As Steve Winwood might say:You just troll with it, buddy
Come on and just troll with it, buddy

Sugar Ron
05-09-2011, 01:42 PM
~YAWN~

Your handle is appropriate, FenceBored.

I'm just hoping something comes along soon to help fill that ENORMOUS void after the greatest female runner in history stepped off the stage after last year's BCC.

Uncle Bust clearly wasn't up to the challenge.

Perhaps this Animal beast can at least spark some short-term interest in this sinking ship of a sport...

FenceBored
05-09-2011, 02:21 PM
~YAWN~

Your handle is appropriate, FenceBored.

I'm just hoping something comes along soon to help fill that ENORMOUS void after the greatest female runner in history stepped off the stage after last year's BCC.

Uncle Bust clearly wasn't up to the challenge.

Perhaps this Animal beast can at least spark some short-term interest in this sinking ship of a sport...

I remember when you were part of the old R & B group called the Trollers.

Zenyatta Fan, and my name is Sugar Ron
I like a board filled with dirtsucking Rachel Fans
And I like a board with people who'll feed me
And PA fits that description, fellas,
Come with me

Take my bait, come with me ijits of web-land
Let me show you how I get my licks
Spouting nonsense for kicks

Now watch as I
Troll, troll on
Troll on, troll on

Sugar Ron
05-09-2011, 03:02 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You should start your own group, FenceBored ... and call it The Snoozers.

Do you have ANYTHING interesting to say about the Derby winnner ... or even Uncle Bust???

Dahoss9698
05-09-2011, 03:35 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Do you have ANYTHING interesting to say about the Derby winnner ... or even Uncle Bust???

The irony here is amazing.

Valuist
05-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Funniest post race comment:

Millie Ball on HRTV: "He's won on grass before so maybe we'll see him on the grass again in the near future."

Only problem was this statement was said with a straight face.

Let me guess, Millie.....if you were training Cigar, after he won the NYRA Mile, you would moved him back to grass?

JPinMaryland
05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
If secretariat could run on turf I guess anyone can...

FenceBored
05-09-2011, 06:11 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I like Animal Kingdom because he's faster than Zenyatta?

eastie
05-10-2011, 12:43 AM
anyone remember seeing his gallop out after the spiral ? it was posted up here and i can't find it anywhere

anyone ?

Rackon
05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Here is the Spiral from YouTube...it doesn't show much of the gallop out.

Looked like he won it pretty easy when called on, looked like he could go much longer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuEXYsVQt8.

keithw84
05-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Animal Kingdom: 2:02.04
Zenyatta: 2:02.28 + a head

eastie
05-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Here is the Spiral from YouTube...it doesn't show much of the gallop out.

Looked like he won it pretty easy when called on, looked like he could go much longer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuEXYsVQt8.

somebody had posted a shot of the gallop out....it scared me off the hoss at first, but after seeing him work I felt better. i would like to see what had scared me again to see why it did. My brother says on the poly some hosses pull up kinda funny, lookin a little ouchie, so I figured i was seeing things, But I sure would like to see what I saw, see?

Sugar Ron
05-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Yeah, on paper they were all faster than Zenyatta...

FenceBored
05-12-2011, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the new .sig. :ThmbUp:

keithw84
05-12-2011, 12:14 PM
I know "plastic" is the pejorative term for poly/synthetic tracks. Is "paper" now the pejorative term for dirt?

Rackon
05-12-2011, 12:51 PM
somebody had posted a shot of the gallop out....it scared me off the hoss at first, but after seeing him work I felt better. i would like to see what had scared me again to see why it did. My brother says on the poly some hosses pull up kinda funny, lookin a little ouchie, so I figured i was seeing things, But I sure would like to see what I saw, see?

The Spiral was a long time ago. Watch his gallop out from the KD, I would think that would be much more instructive on his current form and physical condition, especially since he's not racing on poly in the near future. This horse has never looked "ouchie" to me anyway, in fact - contrary to all my previous attitudes about hopefuls on poly not being in my KD watches - I put AK in my KD Derby Dozen. ANyway, if he was sore, we'd know by now. Motion is very conservative, if that horse wasn't right he wouldn't be running.

In fact AK's way of going is like a lot a good horses: smooth, easy, ground covering. That's one of the things I really liked about him and still do.

toussaud
05-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Funniest post race comment:

Millie Ball on HRTV: "He's won on grass before so maybe we'll see him on the grass again in the near future."

Only problem was this statement was said with a straight face.

Let me guess, Millie.....if you were training Cigar, after he won the NYRA Mile, you would moved him back to grass?
I don't see what is so funny. The jacksons said that the long term goal for barbaro was the arc. big red of course was undefeated on turf, and he didn't make his first turf start until after he won the TC. Big brown ran on the turf and won after he won the derby and preakness. I don't see the big deal. What's wrong with a versitle horse? wouldn't it be pretty damn cool to see the derby/hopefully triple crown winner race in say the Hirsh at belmont? That would be pretty neat.

I would even say, considering how shot our bloodlines have gotten with all these high class sprinters we have going to stud, and alot of the stamina coming from very turfish pedigrees, get used to the idea.

not everyone thinks that dirt is the holy grail of racing.

Tom
05-12-2011, 01:57 PM

The only time she raced against them, one of them beat her.

maddog42
05-12-2011, 03:11 PM
The only time she raced against them, one of them beat her.

Not true. Remember the other breeders cup race.

keithw84
05-15-2011, 01:41 AM

http://www.drf.com/news/hard-make-sense-slow-kentucky-derby-pace

In the Derby, the first 13 horses under the wire ran their final half-mile in under 50 seconds, and nine of them cracked 49, running faster final half-miles than Zenyatta.

Sugar Ron
05-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the new .sig. :ThmbUp:

Please stop with this bastardization of one of the greatest rock songs ever recorded.

Just use my excellent siggy :cool: