View Full Version : Yum Brands Some bloke on the P A system from CD says

BeatTheChalk
05-07-2011, 06:23 PM
in his best English accent ....He names the 4 Restaurants ... and goes on
and on about how many there are etc ... No class at all whatsoever. And
why cant we get an American on the PA System ??? I give up

Tom
05-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I liked TACK-O Bell....come on dude, learn how to pronounce your sponsor at least. :D

JustRalph
05-07-2011, 07:03 PM
wasn't that the track announcer ?

BeatTheChalk
05-07-2011, 07:26 PM
wasn't that the track announcer ?

You are correct. Another great move by CD. Not enough good
announcers in the United States. Yawl really think that any
high class track in England would even THINK of having an
announcer -- who is not a member of the Mother Country ?

JPinMaryland
05-07-2011, 11:08 PM
People with English accents are thought to lend an air of aristocracy to products. you often hear these sorts of accents when you listen to ads for expensive automobiles, or perhaps perfumes and stuff like that.

Whether that's what sells horse racing is open to question, but I guess that's what the thinking is. English accent = touch of class... :confused:

Some_One
05-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Isn't Trevor from South Africa?

sandpit
05-08-2011, 08:25 AM
in his best English accent ....He names the 4 Restaurants ... and goes on
and on about how many there are etc ... No class at all whatsoever. And
why cant we get an American on the PA System ??? I give up

You should have heard him talking pre and post race about the G1 Humana Distaff. The company is the longest running sponsor of any stakes on Derby weekend and one of the biggest healthcare conglomerates in the nation. He must have said Humana 50 times during his spiel, and every time it was "Who-man-a" instead of the correct "Hugh-man-a". I'm sure the company sponsors were happy. I'm not sure how much time he spends in Louisville, but you can't turn on a radio or tv without hearing the company's name in the news, so it's not like he hasn't heard it before.

FenceBored
05-08-2011, 08:50 AM
You should have heard him talking pre and post race about the G1 Humana Distaff. The company is the longest running sponsor of any stakes on Derby weekend and one of the biggest healthcare conglomerates in the nation. He must have said Humana 50 times during his spiel, and every time it was "Who-man-a" instead of the correct "Hugh-man-a". I'm sure the company sponsors were happy. I'm not sure how much time he spends in Louisville, but you can't turn on a radio or tv without hearing the company's name in the news, so it's not like he hasn't heard it before.

The folks at Humana have been called worse.

Bruddah
05-08-2011, 09:02 AM
You are correct. Another great move by CD. Not enough good
announcers in the United States. Yawl really think that any
high class track in England would even THINK of having an
announcer -- who is not a member of the Mother Country ?

I have been saying exactly this for years and have been roundly criticized for it.

Enough of this Politically Correct Globalization by the World's "Blue Bloods". Most of the World mess today is due to Globalization of finances. How's that working out for you?

Robert Goren
05-08-2011, 09:04 AM
The folks at Humana have been called worse.And deservedly so.