PDA

View Full Version : get stormy

toussaud
05-07-2011, 04:53 PM
has become a very very good turf horse.

depalma113
05-07-2011, 04:54 PM
It was the idiot jockeys that let him steal that one.

6 furlongs in 1:15 and change! Come on!

OTM Al
05-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Not really. He was the only E type in the race and a must use. Had the #1 horse stayed in, I was tossing him completely.

JustRalph
05-07-2011, 10:38 PM
It was the idiot jockeys that let him steal that one.

6 furlongs in 1:15 and change! Come on!

I gotta agree here. There are lots of horses that could have made that work out

garyscpa
05-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Not really. He was the only E type in the race and a must use. Had the #1 horse stayed in, I was tossing him completely.

Yep, the Little Mike scratch changed the whole race.

eastie
05-07-2011, 11:25 PM
yeah . they scratched him and bet on Get Stormy

salty
05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
My favorite turf horse. I told everyone near me that he could do it and nobody listened to me. Too bad that is the best price he will be all year unless he is underestimated again.

Grits
05-08-2011, 01:40 PM
My favorite turf horse. I told everyone near me that he could do it and nobody listened to me. Too bad that is the best price he will be all year unless he is underestimated again.

Going wire to wire in the G1 Maker's Mark Mile a few weeks ago at Keeneland, you'd think he'd have gotten much more respect yesterday. Off as the 6th betting choice, he's a fine runner, and handsome, too. A looker.

Shelby
05-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Going wire to wire in the G1 Maker's Mark Mile a few weeks ago at Keeneland, you'd think he'd have gotten much more respect yesterday. Off as the 6th betting choice, he's a fine runner, and handsome, too. A looker.

I sure won't leave him out of my picks again.

CincyHorseplayer
05-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Absolutely Al.He definitely passed the class test in that field and had a stick out like a sore thumb pace advantage.I enjoyed every step of that victory by him at 7-1.

OTM Al
05-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Absolutely Al.He definitely passed the class test in that field and had a stick out like a sore thumb pace advantage.I enjoyed every step of that victory by him at 7-1.

He's got 2 Gr 1s now, so you can't take that away from him, but any pace pressure at all he's done and he doesn't go any further than 9f. Not what I'd call a solid Gr 1 field either and probably top to bottom the weakest of the 6 stakes. That front running style will do him no good in a real Gr 1 like we saw at the BC because he simply isn't fast enough to hold it. Of course he could be the main reason Goldie wins a 4th mile if Frankel comes over.....

CincyHorseplayer
05-08-2011, 06:02 PM
He's got 2 Gr 1s now, so you can't take that away from him, but any pace pressure at all he's done and he doesn't go any further than 9f. Not what I'd call a solid Gr 1 field either and probably top to bottom the weakest of the 6 stakes. That front running style will do him no good in a real Gr 1 like we saw at the BC because he simply isn't fast enough to hold it. Of course he could be the main reason Goldie wins a 4th mile if Frankel comes over.....

Oh I don't disagree with the overall analysis of his ability and what it holds for the future.I'm not looking at this as it pertains to the big picture.In the race though he had 1 Gr-1,2 Gr-2's,and 2 Gr-3's.The only other Gr-1 winners were Prince Will at the marathon distance,and Teaks North by a nose back in February,and Mr Medication's horse.As a lone frontrunner on paper it was a shocker to see his odds.I was bummed out about the race because I thought he'd be 5/2 or so.He is definitely at his distance limit.But the sun,moon,and stars lined up for him and made a great bet.You gotta give it up for this angle on turf.Everybody thinks closer all day on the lawn and when the pace scenario presents itself it pays off.This race reminded me so much of Denomination in the Hillsborough at Tampa on turf on 3/12.Class qualifier in the field and front end pace advantage.I've gotten beat 3 other times with this scenario this year but the winners paid 12-1 and 7-1.

PhantomOnTour
05-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Boils down to race shapes, no matter the surface....unless we're talking synthetics.
On paper this race figured to be slow-slow early and that's what a lone E wants.
Good job by Ramon....he wired the Dixie Gr2 on turf at Pimlico last year on Strike A Deal.

OTM Al
06-13-2011, 09:33 AM
And after Sunday can there be any doubt that he can't hold with any decent pace pressure? Mile and an eighth is probably at his extreme limit to win anyway. Guess he does have that in common with Goldikova, but little else.

eastie
06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
as a matter of fact ....yes. How many in a row is he supposed to win ? He runs fast and runs hard. He came past me one day at saratoga and he was flying as fast as I've seen a guy coming home on the lead. next start he will be back in the winners circle

OTM Al
06-13-2011, 04:36 PM
as a matter of fact ....yes. How many in a row is he supposed to win ? He runs fast and runs hard. He came past me one day at saratoga and he was flying as fast as I've seen a guy coming home on the lead. next start he will be back in the winners circle

When a mutiple Gr1 winner faces a Gr3 field he should win, especially when he gets the trip he wants. Instead he got run into the ground by a Gr3 level 7 year old coming off a layoff. He'll win next time as long as he faces no pace pressure. Otherwise he can't even win a decent conditioned allowance. I know you like him, but you need to face reality here. This horse has a single dimension and was an absolute bet against yesterday. I just chose the wrong one to beat him.

eastie
06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
i went to the double wedding, not the funeral yesterday. He'll whistle at saratoga again this year. when Mr Hoss even liked him, i knew he was really a a cinch.

OTM Al
06-13-2011, 06:51 PM
i went to the double wedding, not the funeral yesterday. He'll whistle at saratoga again this year. when Mr Hoss even liked him, i knew he was really a a cinch.

I liked him in that race too and cashed because he was LONE SPEED. If he can get the same set up, he will win and I will bet him, but if there is only one other that will go with him, he will lose and I will toss him completely. He is a very predictable horse.

cnollfan
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
I liked him in that race too and cashed because he was LONE SPEED. If he can get the same set up, he will win and I will bet him, but if there is only one other that will go with him, he will lose and I will toss him completely. He is a very predictable horse.

Despite his predictability, he was 7-1 when he figured to win, and 4/5 when he figured to lose.

OTM Al
06-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Despite his predictability, he was 7-1 when he figured to win, and 4/5 when he figured to lose.

Means too many aren't applying pace dynamics to turf. So shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :)

CincyHorseplayer
06-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Yeah what's frustration here?!!

As Cnoll said getting 7-1 on him when he had everything in his favor,then having him a bet against at 4/5,what's the problem?

I'm guessing you can't beat him or join him!!!Missed the bet on and missed the bet against.if you knew he was the lone front runner on 5/7,why didn't you bet him?

I missed a solid early pace horse on turf last Saturday myself.It was embarrassing.Staring me dead in the face.It happens.I was with 3 guys from this board and mentioned it.Felt like a total dumba$s afterward!