PDA

View Full Version : Have you checked your private messages lately?

trying2win
10-28-2003, 03:43 PM
--Has anyone else run into this problem?...i.e. you send out a few private messages to other PACE ADVANTAGE members. Here are scenarios that happen:

1. Some members are very good at reading their private messages within a reasonable time. That's good to see, thank you. You can't always expect to receive a reply, but it was kind enough of the PA members to read the P.M.'s you sent them just the same.

2. Some members forget to check their private messages on a regular basis (I'm guilty of this myself sometimes). So you send them an e-mail to remind them. Some PA members have the private message feature enabled, but have no e-mail link to remind them of unread P.M.'s.

3. Some of the newer members may have the private message feature enabled, but they may not know how it works. Go to the
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/ section and scroll down the page until the come to the PRIVATE MESSAGES link. Click on that and you get to the next page where you can read your P.M.'s. To the new members not familar with this page where you read your P.M.'s, you can also scroll down the page to check out the P.M. TRACKING feature. Here you can see whether your own P.M.'s have been read or not.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Trying2win

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2003, 06:22 PM
The best way to make sure you are aware of private messages is to enable the POP UP MESSAGE that will appear IF you have a private message waiting. I see a LOT of people have turned this feature OFF....and I don't know why. It is VERY handy.....if I'm online, and someone PMs me while I am online, a pop up message will appear telling me I have a PM.

==PA

Suff
10-28-2003, 06:31 PM
How many are we allowed? I get notices telling me I have to many to get anymore?

And I PM people all the time from here.. that never return them.

I figure they did'nt get it... so I figure next , that if they wanted to get PM's they would enable it. So I Leave it at that.

Guy from this Board kept e-mailing me a question off the Board . I PM'd him 3 times. Then I got an e-mail from him off the Board AGAIN asking why I never answered his question.

I never replied..because the answer at that point was... Cuz your stupid!

Tom
10-28-2003, 07:04 PM
That feature is very handy- I get an email when I get a PM and then a pop up reminder when I log on. Handy.
And I am sure I will be getting some more PMs after the post I just made about the 3YO eclipse award :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2003, 10:41 PM
I believe you are allowed 80 PMs in your box. Try and delete the old ones if you don't need them....and delete the ones in your SENT box as well as the IN box.....

==PA