PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman Selects

Spiderman
05-07-2011, 07:53 AM
The winner will be a surprise, as will my selection. Following the viewing of all contender prep races and sorting out the hype, the best prepared horse for the Derby is Archarcharch. The post position draw is unfortunate and the stampede to the first turn will impede his chances. Decisive Moment and Comma To The Top will drop toward the rail and close the running lane. Other closers will have the advantage of settling in position and making first run. Arch3x will have too much ground to recover from early problems.

The pace will be fast and preclude the early runners from finishing in the top slots. There are several who have displayed fast-closing ability: Arch3x, Brilliant Speed, Dialed In, Master of Hounds, Midnight Interlude, Mucho Macho Man, Animal Kingdom and Nehro.

:1: Contender with much to overcome
:2: Brilliant Speed will have similar problems to the aforementioned, Arch3x :8: Dialed In is a one-run type with tremendous ability :11: Master of Hounds is touted to possess the best pedigree for distance :13: Mucho Macho Man has post position and ability to settle in a stalking position and be the first to overtake the early leaders :15: Midnight Interlude is a rising star and will have more than Comma ToThe Top to beat :16: Animal Kingdom has shown tractability and is the only entrant to win at 1 1/8, twice :19: Nehro has impressed with late running kick in last three races.

Playing the trifecta and superfecta, the following will commprise my ticket:

Win contenders: :8: :16: :19:

WPS contenders: :1: :13: :15:

Fourth contenders: :2: :11:

Trifecta: :8: :16: :19: // :1: :8: :13: :15: :16: :19: // :1: :8: :13: :15: :16: :19:

Superfecta: Same as trifecta with :2: and :11: added to fourth slot

Exacta: :8: :16: :19: // :1: :8: :16: :19:

Winner: :16:

Good luck.

OFFandRUNNING10
05-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Soldat has won twice at 1 1/8 miles

Spiderman
05-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Soldat has won twice at 1 1/8 miles
I sit corrected, missed it because Soldat was not on closers list or a contender, IMHO

depalma113
05-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Midnight Interlude
Dialed In
Animal Kingdom
Mucho Macho Man

Will add Master of Hounds, Soldat, Brilliant Speed, underneath in the exotics.

:15: :8: :16: :13:
over
:15: :8: :2: :11: :13: :17: :16:
over
:15: :8: :2: :11: :13: :17: :16:

Spiderman
05-07-2011, 06:59 PM
The winner will be a surprise, as will my selection. Following the viewing of all contender prep races and sorting out the hype, the best prepared horse for the Derby is Archarcharch. The post position draw is unfortunate and the stampede to the first turn will impede his chances. Decisive Moment and Comma To The Top will drop toward the rail and close the running lane. Other closers will have the advantage of settling in position and making first run. Arch3x will have too much ground to recover from early problems.

The pace will be fast and preclude the early runners from finishing in the top slots. There are several who have displayed fast-closing ability: Arch3x, Brilliant Speed, Dialed In, Master of Hounds, Midnight Interlude, Mucho Macho Man, Animal Kingdom and Nehro.

:2: Brilliant Speed will have similar problems to the aforementioned, Arch3x :8: Dialed In is a one-run type with tremendous ability :11: Master of Hounds is touted to possess the best pedigree for distance :13: Mucho Macho Man has post position and ability to settle in a stalking position and be the first to overtake the early leaders :15: Midnight Interlude is a rising star and will have more than Comma ToThe Top to beat :16: Animal Kingdom has shown tractability and is the only entrant to win at 1 1/8, twice :19: Nehro has impressed with late running kick in last three races.

Trifecta: :8: :16: :19: // :1: :8: :13: :15: :16: :19: // :1: :8: :13: :15: :16: :19:

Good luck.

Not bad at all. The Hounds was closing and missed 4th for the super, too.

098poi
05-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Nice call and congrats to anyone else who hit!

njcurveball
05-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Nice handicapping Spider Man. Just stay away from anything on Broadway. :D

Congrats on a good day! :ThmbUp:

parlay
05-07-2011, 09:30 PM
very well done.
hope you cashed

point given
05-07-2011, 09:32 PM
great job handicapping alan :ThmbUp:

plainolebill
05-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Great job!

Grits
05-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Spiderman, outstanding analysis and handicapping.

Exotic1
05-08-2011, 11:34 AM

Good luck.

Yours was "Very Well Done" !!!

My picks were on the "Rare" side.

RXB
05-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Spiderman, you really nailed it. Congratulations.

Bruddah
05-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Mega Ditto's Spiderman

I haven't seen anyone, in a long long time, that has handicapped a race that well. I hope you bet it well.

Congratulations :ThmbUp:

Spiderman
05-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Animal Kingdom looks like he can go on to be very special. Let's nail the Preakness.

PaceAdvantage
05-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Excellent picks + analysis. I still don't see where Animal Kingdom fits into one of the top "fast-closers" in the race. Not by my numbers anyway...

JustRalph
05-09-2011, 02:47 AM
Excellent picks + analysis. I still don't see where Animal Kingdom fits into one of the top "fast-closers" in the race. Not by my numbers anyway...

exactly how I saw it. Hey, he came to life at the right time. That's always good in the KY Derby. I am looking forward to next year.

Spider, nice call.

Spiderman
05-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Ak's fluidity of motion in watching replays of all his races was the main inspiration for selection. He started his career in a 2-turn race at AP from an outside post and all four career starts were in 2-turn races. I wrote, that he is tractable because he did not need more than hand-urging or a chirp from jockey to get into gear. In his second career race, he was attending the early pace, in the stretch a horse came to him and he easily drew away. His race prior to Derby was an easy win, though it had comparative low numbers because it was at TP. he did enough to win easily.

I use no particular system. Basing selections solely on numbers is doctrinaire and restrictive. The stuff between-the-lines is important.

Midnight Cruiser
05-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Very nice Spider. My hats off to you for that pick-hope you cashed a bunch.

theguarantee
05-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Major credit is due. After originally completely tossing AK, I did end up including him in the place spot of my exacta just because Byk and some others kept saying that he was working best of any. I don't think I ever would've used a horse in the win spot that never tried the dirt even with the nice works, but that is what makes it such a great call. And he won so easily. It's just too bad Uncle Mo scratched, you would've been paid even more handsomely had he not.

calltopost
05-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Surprised you didn't have MMM in there for the win too?

Along with Mike Welsch and Joe Drape, Spidey had the 16!

Hey Spidey, do you like Astrology in the Preakness?

Mr_Ed
05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I wanna be notified when Spiderman handicap's a race.

I don't care if I'm in the middle of open heart surgery, sex, or a wicked crap.

Thank you.

netbet
05-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Nice work Spiderman.

Congrats.

Patrick

Zippy Chippy
05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Great Job. Impressive

samyn on the green
05-09-2011, 11:22 PM
A tour de force. A handicapping magnum opus. Exceptionally well done.

newtothegame
05-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Nice cappin there web head......:D

Maybe I should watch what you post more often and not base everything on your "off topic" post lol....
Congrats again on a job well done sir!

Sinner369
05-09-2011, 11:35 PM

Good luck.

Great picking Spider, congratulations......

What are you picking for the Preakness?

JustRalph
05-10-2011, 01:30 AM
I wanna be notified when Spiderman handicap's a race.

I don't care if I'm in the middle of open heart surgery, sex, or a wicked crap.

Thank you.

not necessarily in that order...........