PDA

View Full Version : Question about the best toolbar.

andymays
05-06-2011, 11:51 PM
I bought a new machine with Windows 7. It's not up and running yet. I like the Yahoo Toolbar but for some reason it sometimes crashes Explorer.

Does anyone have an opinion on the best toolbar? I'd like to stick with Yahoo but I'm open to other options.

Any advice is appreciated.

turfnsport
05-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Yahoo? Internet Explorer? Andy, are you still wearing a leisure suit and white shoes too?

HUSKER55
05-07-2011, 12:45 AM
this is just my opinion but yahoo and explorer don't seem to play well together. I do not do a lot of play on the internet but the grandkids like google chrome and they play alot.

good luck

JustRalph
05-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Yahoo? Internet Explorer? Andy, are you still wearing a leisure suit and white shoes too?

Chrome!!!

http://tctechcrunch.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/chrome.jpg

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2011, 03:21 AM
I second the Chrome recommendation. I was a die hard IE guy for YEARS.

Chrome made a believer out of me...I will never go back...

chickenhead
05-07-2011, 11:24 AM
no toolbar is the best toolbar. Chrome FTW.

bigmack
05-07-2011, 11:49 AM
People are creatures of habit. If they've always used IE, they stick with it.

Change is good if you're in an IE world. I've "flipped" a number of folk to Chrome. Some go back to IE out of habit. In those cases I resort to physical tactics to encourage a sway. I start with the Achilles tendon & move up.

They roll with Chrome thereafter out of fear. :cool:

GameTheory
05-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I still prefer Firefox to Chrome (although I have to use a few add-ons to get it the way I like it) -- what's so special about Chrome? There are some technical reasons that Chrome just won't work for me (that won't apply to most people), but still I find Firefox easier to use anyway. (And the new Firefox is just as fast as Chrome, so if that was an advantage it is gone.)

chickenhead
05-07-2011, 06:15 PM
auto-update with new features every couple weeks, no pop-up reminders, fast launch and browsing, "less chrome" default appearance, omnibar, bookmark sync, built in pdf reader -- there were a lot of good reasons to leave Firefox..I've heard 4.0 was a big improvement but I don't really have any reason to go back, no killer feature that I've heard of. Their earlier releases seriously hurt their image, it was such a POS compared to Chrome.

bigmack
05-07-2011, 06:22 PM
When I type a site I've never visited, Chrome knows what I mean. It's light, it's tight, it's Chrome.

I know speed/benchmark tests show FF and Chrome pari-passu, but my experience to date shows FF struggling while Chrome bomphs into position with ease. Much like Norton bomphing out of a pair of gag cuffs.

I use very little in the way of add-ons. I judge my browser experience as ease of navigation.

andymays
05-07-2011, 07:36 PM

I like than one. :ThmbUp:

andymays
05-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the information people. I greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like Chrome is the way to go.

raybo
05-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I'm like most here, I used IE, then FF, even tried Safari (yuk), Chrome works best for what I do.

Toolbar? Nope, don't want or need one. And I get really tired of being asked if I want to download Yahoo Toolbar every time I get something updated or get something new. You couldn't pay me to use that thing.

Around my house Yahoo is pronounced "yay-who?"