PDA

View Full Version : Derby Pick 3

Shelby
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
I was excited to bet the Oaks-Woodford-Derby pick 3 offered starting in race 11 today. Handicapped my butt off and felt kind of good about it.

Went to the window at the OTB in Tulsa, OK.

Teller told me I was nuts. No such bet exists.

So, I take the page of the DRF that lists the bet to a different teller and she told me that yes, it does exist but they (the OTB) aren't offering wagering on it.

Color me confused.

Can anyone tell me why?

Oh, and I also tried to bet it from my Twinspires account. No such luck. Not offered there, either--which I find really really bizarre.

Beachbabe
05-06-2011, 10:59 PM
It was probably only offered at the track, Shelby.

but the big question is......did you save money ?

petepick6
05-06-2011, 11:03 PM
It was probably only offered at the track, Shelby.

but the big question is......did you save money ?

I was able to bet it offtrack in Socal.

Shelby
05-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I had Plum Pretty in my bet, so, no, not yet.

I'm not bitter, though, 'cause I had the tri--Plum Pretty-St John's River (yay Rosie) and Zazu....just the 50 cent tri. Wish I would have bet more lol. I was scared because Zazu looked so much smaller than the rest of the field.

Is that common to have bets that are only offered on site? I've never run across that before--but I'm sheltered lol.

toetoe
05-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Well done. With a bit of luck, Rosie might win and pay twice as much ... :confused:
:ThmbUp:

Some_One
05-06-2011, 11:19 PM
HPI had it all (min bet on everything is a loonie though, think that's a legal issue), just another example of how the industry and their many different IT backbones limit the success of the sport.

Beachbabe
05-06-2011, 11:21 PM
I had Plum Pretty in my bet, so, no, not yet.

I'm not bitter, though, 'cause I had the tri--Plum Pretty-St John's River (yay Rosie) and Zazu....just the 50 cent tri. Wish I would have bet more lol. I was scared because Zazu looked so much smaller than the rest of the field.

Is that common to have bets that are only offered on site? I've never run across that before--but I'm sheltered lol.

Very, very nice.
Congrats !! :ThmbUp:

cnollfan
05-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I believe it was offered on Twin Spires, but not under Churchill Downs. The Oaks/Derby double and Oaks/Woodford/Derby Pick 3 each had their own slot on the available track drop-down menu.

duncan04
05-07-2011, 12:20 AM
I believe it was offered on Twin Spires, but not under Churchill Downs. The Oaks/Derby double and Oaks/Woodford/Derby Pick 3 each had their own slot on the available track drop-down menu.

Yeah you are right. It was seperate from the Churchill card!

Grits
05-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Good work, Shelby. Don't worry about what you missed.

NEXT. You're good to go! ;)

Hope you have a good Derby Day with your plays, sweetheart.

pktruckdriver
05-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Shelby, just out of curiosity, what was your Pick 3 Bet??

Congrats on the Tri !!!

Knock'm dead today, well just win, no breakdowns today, please

andymays
05-07-2011, 07:47 AM
I was excited to bet the Oaks-Woodford-Derby pick 3 offered starting in race 11 today. Handicapped my butt off and felt kind of good about it.

Went to the window at the OTB in Tulsa, OK.

Teller told me I was nuts. No such bet exists.

So, I take the page of the DRF that lists the bet to a different teller and she told me that yes, it does exist but they (the OTB) aren't offering wagering on it.

Color me confused.

Can anyone tell me why?

Oh, and I also tried to bet it from my Twinspires account. No such luck. Not offered there, either--which I find really really bizarre.

It had it's own spot on the track menu. I bet it on twin spires. I'm alive! Hooray! :D

I need. :3: :6: :7:

to

:12:

One of the things that is disturbing me about my Derby Pick is that I'm finding that quite a few people I know are using Santiva. It's been my experience that when you think that maybe you've found something and you find that a lot of other people you know like the same horse it usually loses. I have no idea why but it sure seems to happen to me a lot.

Good luck to everyone playing today. At least we can all say that we get to play a couple of very good cards on Friday and Saturday. That's not something we're able to say often enough.

Spiderman
05-07-2011, 08:19 AM
It's a matter of programming the bet into the system.

Shelby
05-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks everyone for the answers. Just got home from the track.

ROUGH day for me yesterday. I had Animal Kingdom and Mucho...no Nehro. My husband had Mucho and Nehro...no Animal Kingdom sigh.

Grits, I read that you had a fabulous day yesterday!! Congratulations!!!!!!

And, congrats to everyone that won!!!

I wouldn't have hit the bet...so...guess it was good I didn't find it!

Dumb me, I didn't think to look around the Twinspires site. I totally assumed that it would be listed under Churchill when I picked what track I wanted to bet.

I would have used the following in my bet:

Oaks- Zazu, Joyful Victory, Daisy Devine (I loved that horse) and Plum Pretty and St John's River

Woodford-Smart Bid, Doubles Partner, Prince Will I Am

Derby-Mucho Macho Man, Pants On Fire, Derby Kitten, Animal Kingdom

Oh well, there's always next time.

Sure wish I would have hit the 50 cent pick 5, too!

edited because I forgot a horse