PDA

View Full Version : Soldat & Santiva - Toss & Toss

Smarty Cide
05-06-2011, 07:47 PM
i dont get what anyone sees in these horses...

andymays
05-06-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82817

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Santiva I agree with...Soldat I do not...

Jasonm921
05-07-2011, 01:09 AM
I disagree...with Soldat. at 20-1 is a must play. That Florida Derby, for him, was a throw out race. Don't know what happened there but it was so bad that I have to overlook it.

Stillriledup
05-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Soldat is one of the fastest horses in the race on anyone's speed figures. I think that's what people see.

andymays
05-07-2011, 07:51 AM
If you think Mucho Macho Man is a contender then you have to think that Santiva is also a contender. There is also a 4lb weight swing in Santiva's favor off of a wide trip in a race I think he needed against Mucho Macho Man. He had big trouble in his next and he is a grade 2 winner over the Churchill strip. The breeding suggests that Santiva is bred to run forever but who really knows about that? I see upside in Santiva.

toussaud
05-07-2011, 10:07 AM
if solddat can get the lead he is Tarzan. if he does not he is jane. its' that simple.

lamboguy
05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
SOLDAT will get first run, whether he can hold off ARCHARCHARCH is another story. if ARCH gets clean trip from rail he could easily win it. wet track does help SOLDAT.

ArlJim78
05-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Soldat is not on any of my tickets. He's not going to get a comfortable lead so I think his day is over before it starts.

Pell Mell
05-07-2011, 11:24 AM
They already stated they have no intention of going for the lead with Soldat. He got run off his feet by Shack last time. Shack and CTTT will be gunning and both will quit.

toussaud
05-07-2011, 11:37 AM
They already stated they have no intention of going for the lead with Soldat. He got run off his feet by Shack last time. Shack and CTTT will be gunning and both will quit.
if he doesn't get the lead he is an autotoss for me.

PhantomOnTour
05-07-2011, 11:41 AM
What happened in the FlaDby is that he caught a fast pace and simply couldn't keep up. He needs to be close to the front on a moderate pace in order to finish up like he did before the FlaDby. In all 3 wins he's been right on the pace in 1:12 and change. He won't get that today.
Toss.

toussaud
05-07-2011, 12:09 PM
solddat is the race wildcard. you are either of two schools, the first being, he is a need the lead type. the second is, his finish last time was because of the dirt in his lungs and being boxed in. You have to take a stand.

If the first school is right, he will run up the track., If the second school is right, watch out because he will not be boxed in and will be in a perfect stocking position. I personally don't think he can rate. But you have to take a stand somewhere on something.

Plain Steve
05-07-2011, 03:53 PM
If you think Mucho Macho Man is a contender then you have to think that Santiva is also a contender. There is also a 4lb weight swing in Santiva's favor off of a wide trip in a race I think he needed against Mucho Macho Man. He had big trouble in his next and he is a grade 2 winner over the Churchill strip. The breeding suggests that Santiva is bred to run forever but who really knows about that? I see upside in Santiva.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I had totallly missed it.

As of 3:24 PM
MMM 9-1
Santiva 35-1
MOH 12-1

I'm one who believes in looking for value (why i shop at consignment boutiques) and that wagering horses is not just a single race, but a long haul. Need I say more?
Depending on who hits the board and who doesn't, I suspect there may be some very hefty prices in the place and show spots.

Lasix67
05-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Totally disagree with Soldat.

Tom
05-07-2011, 05:35 PM
I think Soldat can sit close, not on the lead, and close.
My take is that he regressed last race - a 4 month layoff, two new tops, then a regression, not that he needed the lead. I think he moves ahead today, and if he does, nothing is close to him. Not only does he the best figs, he had the first and third best late pace numbers.

I may be worn,g but that is why they let us bet.

I can see POF running the same race.

At the 16th pole......

...........:1:
...................:17:
.................:7:
:8:

Tom
05-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Pass the salt.....this crow needs salt! :bang: