PDA

View Full Version : To the people who say rosie can't ride..

toussaud
05-06-2011, 06:03 PM
watch the replay of the oaks and get back to me.

Dahoss9698
05-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Who said she can't ride?

Some_One
05-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Smart move, when she missed the break, she went into Calvin mode, almost got there.

toussaud
05-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Who said she can't ride?
you apparently missed the Rosie sucking it up at keenleand thread a few days ago

Dahoss9698
05-06-2011, 06:16 PM
you apparently missed the Rosie sucking it up at keenleand thread a few days ago

You apparently missed the Keeneland meet. She rode terrible.

Doesn't make her a bad rider, they all go through streaks and slumps. She just rode a fantastic race.

tribecaagent
05-06-2011, 06:22 PM
She certainly rode an excellent race. Question: if she stays inside does she win?

toussaud
05-06-2011, 06:25 PM
She certainly rode an excellent race. Question: if she stays inside does she win?
if she stays inside i think martin pins her

Cardus
05-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Strawman argument of the week.

nijinski
05-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Question is who pins Borel , and has he gone to anger management?

BMustang
05-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Rosie obviously failed to note that the Gato Del Sol connections commissioned a study to see if they would save more ground from an outside post, by diving immediately to the rail, or to attempt to angle to get to the rail at the point it starts into the clubhouse turn.

Survey says - Angle over gradually, don't dive. Rosie dove.

Of course you have to be clearly behind the field as both St.John's River and Gato were, and of course Gato was going a mile and a quarter and Rosie was going a mile and an eighth. All in all she might have had the best horse - came up short.

Robert Goren
05-07-2011, 12:27 AM
The long and the short of it. She had the best horse and she still got beat.

cj
05-07-2011, 12:29 AM

Why exactly was that the best horse?

Dahoss9698
05-07-2011, 12:30 AM

I'm not sure she was on the best horse. Her ride was what made the finish so close. If she doesn't stay inside she's beaten a few lengths, not a neck.

The winner ran big, she just ran out of ground. She did everything right and got beat. It happens.

jelly
05-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Don't know where the title comes from,everyone i know is impressed with her.

Jasonm921
05-07-2011, 01:21 AM
The girl is real good.

Robert Goren
05-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Why exactly was that the best horse?Because I bet her after reading she was on your tickets.:)

turninforhome10
05-07-2011, 02:15 AM
She had her pick at the Fairgrounds. KY is a different ball game. She is a good rider and watch for her to beat feet back to Delaware next week where she is a superstar. She will be an odds killer at Delaware.

salty
05-07-2011, 05:04 AM
She had her pick at the Fairgrounds. KY is a different ball game. She is a good rider and watch for her to beat feet back to Delaware next week where she is a superstar. She will be an odds killer at Delaware.

I believe she is an odds killer on any horse she is on, everywhere.

andymays
05-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Rosie is an outstanding rider. She is one of those Jockeys that horses seem to like having her riding them. They seem to move up for her.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/racing/kentucky-oaks-win-looks-plum-pretty/

Excerpt:

ROSIE NAPRAVNIK (St. John’s River) -- “To me she felt like she was standing good, but she must not have been square because it was just an awkward step first out. Not having that good break, I decided to angle over and see what we could do from there. We got such a perfect trip down on the rail. She’s a very, very talented filly.

“It’s so exciting; I’m so happy to be here; I’m so lucky.

“Down the lane I’m thinking my first Grade I, I’m thinking a million dollars, I’m thinking Kentucky Oaks, I’m thinking Girl Power in the Oaks. It was such a disappointing loss, but you can’t take anything away from the filly. She ran so well.”

Tom
05-07-2011, 08:25 AM
She's young, fit, and has a lot of ideals still not shattered.
That is a good combination. Hope she keeps the trinity going for a long time.

She's got my Pants on Fire! :eek:

Red Knave
05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Easy, big fella. :)

toussaud
05-07-2011, 10:56 AM
She's young, fit, and has a lot of ideals still not shattered.
That is a good combination. Hope she keeps the trinity going for a long time.

i'm surprised the natural joke took that long to come up with

cj
08-09-2012, 06:55 PM
She is getting good mounts at the Spa, but she can't find the winner's circle with a map and a compass.

sammy the sage
08-09-2012, 10:05 PM
She is getting good mounts at the Spa, but she can't find the winner's circle with a map and a compass.

Well messed up toe...or maybe just maybe...hand issues as well...MIGHT contribute TOO that...

therussmeister
08-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Emma Wilson is every bit as good as Napravnik; and certainly is a better finisher. Where are her fans?:rolleyes:
In Canada.

Beachbabe
08-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't get it. If she's getting good mounts, then trainers must see something special in her.
She's riding against the best riders in the country (Dominguez; Velazquez;Castellano; Leparoux; Rosario), so I doubt she's going to hit the 25% win mark (I know she's only at 8% now). As Sammy said, she's been fighting some nagging injuries. It's her first year riding at Saratoga. And almost every jockey has had times of slumps.

Emma Jean Wilson got the occasional mount at Gulfstream this year and her win figure was far from sterling.

Yeah....and what's "finishing like a woman" mean ? Fixing her hair while riding down the stretch ???? :bang: :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
08-09-2012, 10:36 PM

Supposedly she's riding with an injury. Im not sure what it is, but that rumor is floating around.

usedtolovetvg
08-09-2012, 10:41 PM
She'll try the rail or will split horses when there's little room. She's got guts and I think she is a very strong rider. If she stays healthy and that a big if, she'll make us all forget about Julie, uh, uh uh.

sammy the sage
08-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I would venture to say that MOST of the woman poster's here FINISH better than most the men... :lol:

When Rosie's right...she finishes EXTREMELY well...but not only is she battling physical issue's....but am hearing man issues as well...

I know of several other jock(s/ettes)...who've had the SAME problems....if you're NOT 100% into THE ride...well...it does MAKE a difference.!

cj
08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
As a bettor, I just need to know she isn't winning. She isn't riding well on the inside, and she isn't judging pace well either.

Ocala Mike
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Doesn't help that she's riding a lot of Zito's stiffs. Has the plague swept his barn or what?

thespaah
08-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Doesn't help that she's riding a lot of Zito's stiffs. Has the plague swept his barn or what?
ICE FREAKIN COLD Zito is....
....As of this past Sunday 8/5 he was 2 for 18.
Last win was on 8/2 with Napravnik in the irons.

NTamm1215
08-11-2012, 02:41 PM

She's 1-9 on Zito's horses at the meet. She's 6-100 on everyone else's horses.

Valuist
08-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Who did she dominate at FG? Lanerie? Bridgmohan? Then you also have the cast of characters from Delta and Evangeline.

Valuist
08-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Just saw on Twitter she has lost with her last 41 mounts.

rtrack
08-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I same the headline and couldn't resist responding. I bet rosie pretty good on Galluscio's horse Pure Nature in the 5th today at the Spa. She's trying to get everything she can out of her horse and goes to the right handed whip to stop her horse from legally drifting in front of Alvarado's horse. I'm thinking that if she hits Pure Nature left handed she wins. I successfully threw out Stall's horse, Grand Contender, the favorite, in the next race merely because she was riding him. She's on a schneid in a big way and some of it is her fault.

Robert Fischer
08-11-2012, 08:59 PM
You gotta have a winnable horse, and sometimes you gotta have the setup as well.

Stats alone aren't really fair to jockeys. I honestly don't have a book on AN.

She's usually somewhere near "avg" IMO.

Not usually as bad as her stats look @ Sar,

but not usually as good as some of here higher% stats from other meets either...

sammy the sage
08-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Well...Sun...8/12...she's got the BIGGEST day of career future...no excuses..per say...

Back to Back race's on Chalk...big name trainer...Juvie stakes at "Toga"

The question has been asked...answer tomorrow pm!

horses4courses
08-12-2012, 06:15 PM
If Rosie doesn't win the Adirondack on this 2-5 shot, she may consider taking a vacation and letting that foot heal properly.

horses4courses
08-12-2012, 06:18 PM
If Rosie doesn't win the Adirondack on this 2-5 shot, she may consider taking a vacation and letting that foot heal properly.

Cancel that Carribean booking.......... ;)

sammy the sage
08-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Ya got the BEST horse...you CAN ride...injuries or not...

Glad to see she did AS expected...at least for today!

cj
08-13-2012, 06:09 PM
She wins again today...on fire, just had to revive this thread!

thespaah
08-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Very nice well timed finish. Horse had a long way to go in the stretch to get to the leaders.

Dony55
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Honestly at the fairgrounds meet she did very well but at Saratoga she is simply not bettable and go ahead and bet her if you think better. I bet her and have watched her, shes has not done what it takes to win in New york and i will not touch her with a 12 inch pole in that track. But fairgrounds her and Mcmahon were my two favs.

Dony55
08-13-2012, 07:18 PM
You gotta have a winnable horse, and sometimes you gotta have the setup as well.

Stats alone aren't really fair to jockeys. I honestly don't have a book on AN.

She's usually somewhere near "avg" IMO.

Not usually as bad as her stats look @ Sar,

but not usually as good as some of here higher% stats from other meets either...

Shes gets live mounts all the time and simply underperforms.

the little guy
08-13-2012, 07:36 PM

I believe that was the first turf race she has won since the first race of the meet.

andymays
08-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Rosie will go down as the best female jockey ever and I think the world of Julie Krone.

Chantal isn't in the same class as Rosie or Julie.

SharpCat
08-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Rosie will go down as the best female jockey ever and I think the world of Julie Krone.

I put Chantal and Rosie in roughly the same class with those 2 well behind Julie.

Dahoss9698
08-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I put Chantal and Rosie in roughly the same class with those 2 well behind Julie.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Rosie might be a bit better than Chantal, but Julie was in another planet compared to the two of them.

the little guy
08-14-2012, 11:39 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Rosie might be a bit better than Chantal, but Julie was in another planet compared to the two of them.

Yeah, the suggestion that Rosie is better than Krone is absurd. Wilmer Garcia has a better chance of being better than Angel Cordero.

Krone was a great rider.

LLHorses
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Chantal posed nude. That makes her the best female jockey in my mind. :D

Can't see this picture enough

PICTURE (http://i.thestar.com/images/6e/99/3b7d40a44cfda4d4600f58221e43.jpg) :eek:

PICTURE (http://ranchandcoast.com/assets/articles/0628120436ChantalSutherlandVK5_4549.jpg) :eek:

PICTURE (http://images.redetv.com.br/siteredetv/grupos/esporte/redetviesportes/fotos/GAL_4725/grandes/IFOT_44062.jpg) :eek:

PICTURE (http://img.cas.sk/img/4/gallery/1331474_dzokejka-dostihy-kone-chantal-sutherland.jpg) :eek:

netbet
08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
She didn't pose nude. According to her, she had a thong on and they airbrushed it off.

Still a great picture though. :jump:

thespaah
08-14-2012, 04:06 PM

I have to say no way to that...Julie Krone is the greatest female rider ever.
Napravnik has a long way to go to match Krone.

thespaah
08-14-2012, 04:10 PM
She didn't pose nude. According to her, she had a thong on and they airbrushed it off.

Still a great picture though. :jump:
Oh sure....Ok Chantal. Whatever you say. Still looks GREAT!

thespaah
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Oh God Yes!!!!

Alacrity
08-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Rosie will pass Julie as long as long as Rosie can avoid major injuries. It's inevitable. Rosie is only 24 and look how far she has made it so far. The sky is the limit for her.

cj
08-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Rosie will pass Julie as long as long as Rosie can avoid major injuries. It's inevitable. Rosie is only 24 and look how far she has made it so far. The sky is the limit for her.

The sky is the limit? Really? I don't see that much talent. When I watched Ramon in Maryland and Delaware, that was sky is the limit talent to me.

LRL Racing
08-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Just have to weigh in on this one since Rosie has rode about five horses for me and has two wins, one second and two outs. She rides very confidently which most racehorses will respond to and she is very nice person who comes from a good family. She has riden exceptionally well for my money. One was a stakes win. Tucker ran very well for her at FG and CD and I look forward to reuniting with her and I think Tucker will too! My trainer loves her as a rider and as a person so that is also good enough for me.

Chantel is beautiful.

Julie Krone was a great rider.

Thanks & God Bless!

thespaah
08-14-2012, 07:59 PM
What is Napravnik's win career win total?

Dahoss9698
08-14-2012, 09:23 PM

How far has she really made it? Unless I'm missing a race (certainly possible) she's won one grade 1 race in her career. I know she's battling a foot injury, but to say she has underperformed this meet would be putting it mildly.

A guy like Irad Ortiz is just one win short of Rosie's total at Saratoga so far and I can say with 100% certainty Rosie has been riding WAY more live horses than he has. Let's face it, Rosie has one of the best agents in the game and he has lined up a lot of strong mounts in very live barns for her and for whatever reason it just hasn't happened for her.

She has potential and as long as she is with Muzikar she's going to be riding live horses. But I think people have kind of forgotten how good Krone was for a long time.

Alacrity
08-14-2012, 10:17 PM
What is Napravnik's win career win total?

Why does it matter?

How far has she really made it? Unless I'm missing a race (certainly possible) she's won one grade 1 race in her career. I know she's battling a foot injury, but to say she has underperformed this meet would be putting it mildly.

A guy like Irad Ortiz is just one win short of Rosie's total at Saratoga so far and I can say with 100% certainty Rosie has been riding WAY more live horses than he has. Let's face it, Rosie has one of the best agents in the game and he has lined up a lot of strong mounts in very live barns for her and for whatever reason it just hasn't happened for her.

She has potential and as long as she is with Muzikar she's going to be riding live horses. But I think people have kind of forgotten how good Krone was for a long time.

Well she also won the Louisiana Derby which is a Grade 2, but it is a million dollar race.

Like every other athlete in the world, she's just going through a bad slump right now. She'll snanp out of it soon enough.

thespaah
08-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Why does it matter?

Well she also won the Louisiana Derby which is a Grade 2, but it is a million dollar race.

Like every other athlete in the world, she's just going through a bad slump right now. She'll snanp out of it soon enough.
It matters because some are comparing her to Julie Krone. Krone is accepted to be the greatest female rider in T-Bred history. That's a tall hill to climb.
My point is not that Napravnik cannot get there, but that she has a long way to go.
It would be like comparing Bryce Harper to Stan Musial. The kid has the goods, but it is inappropriate to make the comparison at this time.

thespaah
08-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Just have to weigh in on this one since Rosie has rode about five horses for me and has two wins, one second and two outs. She rides very confidently which most racehorses will respond to and she is very nice person who comes from a good family. She has riden exceptionally well for my money. One was a stakes win. Tucker ran very well for her at FG and CD and I look forward to reuniting with her and I think Tucker will too! My trainer loves her as a rider and as a person so that is also good enough for me.

Chantel is beautiful.

Julie Krone was a great rider.

Thanks & God Bless!
And there ya have it. An observation from a reliable source.
Question for you. Do you think Napravnik has the goods to be in the same part of the mansion with Julie Krone?
Rosie is obviously a very capable rider. She has over 900 starts as of 8/13 so she is getting plenty of business. She is currently 7th in purse earnings and in the top 10 in wins.

castaway01
08-15-2012, 09:07 AM
For what it's worth...

Wins in first seven years of career:
Julie Krone: 1167
Rosie Napravnik: 1227

In her eighth and ninth years of riding, Julie won 731 races in total (in wins, those years were the peak of her career). Rosie has 131 wins thus far in her eighth year, so she'd better get moving.

burnsy
08-15-2012, 11:45 AM
this is still going...........its a joke. Who says Rosie can't ride? Why is she riding in the biggest meet the world offers? From where i'm sitting the lowest apprentice getting mounts at Saratoga......can ride. To anyone that says any of these people "can't ride" including Rosie....Why don't you say it to one of the jocks faces? I hope they reply......"Hey Buddy, you can't ride". Because that would be closer to the truth than any of this nonsense. Oh, and its easy to come in here and get great mounts too. You are only against hall of famers thats all! Rosie can't ride...may be the dumbest statement made here. Shes only riding the best horses against the best competition money can buy. Those trainers and owners must be morons then....lol. give me a break. The worst jockey in that colony could be top ten material anyplace else...including some of the apprentices! Saying any of these people "can't ride" kind of makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about. Unless you started the meet thinking she could win it....which makes you look even dumber. This is a tough meet...Lezcano is doing well and hes had tough times here. Garcia is struggling and hes won the meet here before. Cornelio is not near the top and hes won the meet here too before. If you can get a mount...try riding...lets see how you can do?....lol

Alacrity
08-15-2012, 01:39 PM
For what it's worth...

Wins in first seven years of career:
Julie Krone: 1167
Rosie Napravnik: 1227

In her eighth and ninth years of riding, Julie won 731 races in total (in wins, those years were the peak of her career). Rosie has 131 wins thus far in her eighth year, so she'd better get moving.

She also had 1,958 and 1,673 mounts each in those 2 years. No jockey gets that many mounts anymore. After those 2 years though Krone's win total each year dropped off quite a bit and she never came close to winning that many races again.

5-6 years from now will be a perfect time to revisit this assuming of course that Rosie is still riding.

castaway01
08-15-2012, 01:58 PM
She also had 1,958 and 1,673 mounts each in those 2 years. No jockey gets that many mounts anymore. After those 2 years though Krone's win total each year dropped off quite a bit and she never came close to winning that many races again.

5-6 years from now will be a perfect time to revisit this assuming of course that Rosie is still riding.

Well, she had that many mounts because Julie busted her ass riding both day and nighttime tracks. She put in a lot of hard work. It's not like she had anything handed to her.

Napravnik is a talented rider in a slump. Is she ridiculously talented like Dominguez? No, but she is good. However, saying she's better than Julie Krone is like saying Tim Lincecum is better than Steve Carlton. Check back in a decade and we'll see where she stands.

usedtolovetvg
08-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I think it would be a pretty bold statement to say that Rosie is a better rider now than Julie was at her peak. I think that most of her supporters, and count me in that group, think that she has the potential to be as good or better. She has guts, determination and ambition. From my perspective she also has all the tools. Will she reach that level? As has been stated, only time will tell. To think that there will never be another Julie Krone, Michael Jordan, Ted Williams, Wayne Gretzky, or even Michael Phelps would be fairly narrow-minded thinking.

Dahoss9698
08-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Speaking of underperfoming this meet...how about Javier Castellano? Nobody (including Dominguez) has ridden more live horses this meet and he's grossly underperformed.

Not to mention he's back to the premature around the turn move, that ensures his horses have nothing left late.

the little guy
08-15-2012, 02:29 PM
However, saying she's better than Julie Krone is like saying Tim Lincecum is better than Steve Carlton. Check back in a decade and we'll see where she stands.

Excellent analogy!

Dahoss9698
08-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Why does it matter?

Of course she'll snap out of it. But I'll ask again, how far has she made it at this point? She has a long way to go to be compared to some of the names she has been compared to.

Alacrity
08-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, she had that many mounts because Julie busted her ass riding both day and nighttime tracks. She put in a lot of hard work. It's not like she had anything handed to her.

Napravnik is a talented rider in a slump. Is she ridiculously talented like Dominguez? No, but she is good. However, saying she's better than Julie Krone is like saying Tim Lincecum is better than Steve Carlton. Check back in a decade and we'll see where she stands.

I've never said Rosie was better than Krone right now. I said she will be when it's all said and done. And whats with all the buzz with this Dominguez guy?

How hard can it be to bring home a winner when half of your mounts are on the 1st and 2nd choices? I mean.....if you know the basics of being a jockey and have at least a little bit of talent.....why shouldn't you bring home as many winners as he does?

Of course she'll snap out of it. But I'll ask again, how far has she made it at this point? She has a long way to go to be compared to some of the names she has been compared to.

For a 24 year old female jockey I'll say she's made it pretty far. I acknowledge she has quite a ways to go before she catches Krone, but since she'll be riding the toughest meets from here on out barring any misfortunes, I see no reason she won't pass Krone. She just finished 4th in the standings at the toughest meet in the country in her first year there. Even tougher than in recent memory this year because of a few other top jockeys that switched their tack to Belmont this year.

Dahoss9698
08-15-2012, 03:06 PM
For a 24 year old female jockey I'll say she's made it pretty far. I acknowledge she has quite a ways to go before she catches Krone, but since she'll be riding the toughest meets from here on out barring any misfortunes, I see no reason she won't pass Krone. She just finished 4th in the standings at the toughest meet in the country in her first year there. Even tougher than in recent memory this year because of a few other top jockeys that switched their tack to Belmont this year.

Lots of assuming here. Let's revisit this is a few years.

But your comments on Dominguez are pretty silly. You can't fault him for riding good horses while praising Rosie for the same thing. Have you looked at her mounts this meet?

castaway01
08-15-2012, 05:12 PM
I've never said Rosie was better than Krone right now. I said she will be when it's all said and done. And whats with all the buzz with this Dominguez guy?

Okay, we're heading off topic but I mentioned Dominguez because he's the one guy in the past 10 years that when I watched him ride (at Delaware) I was amazed by his touch and skill. No, he does not win every race, but if I compare Julie Krone to Shoemaker or Cordero then I'm not being fair to the latter two gentlemen.

Funny part is, I like Rosie and do think she is talented. She's a cute girl, and if she won more big races it would only help racing as a sport. I just bristled when someone said she was the best ever...at age 24. I wish we had a sensational cute female rider win a ton of races...more money in the pools. I'm rooting for Rosie, but to compare what she did with what Krone did (while fist-fighting fellow jockeys after the races) is not fair to Julie. Julie was a bad-ass, and smoothed the path for Rosie and other female riders.

lamboguy
08-15-2012, 05:23 PM
crazy things happen in this world, i once saw Lepsio, pinch hit for Ted Williams!

sammy the sage
08-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Well since that Sat. chalkfest...she's WON on Sun., Mon., Wed.....perhaps she's feeling GOOD...